Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Emotional Issues & Body Image (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   The Fear/Dealing with Compliments (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185263)

SummerYet Mon, May-31-04 14:58

Juls-

I am so glad to hear you are doing well! You know we are all pulling for you :) I'll ask you again though - please start a journal ;)

~Michelle

Aprilellen Tue, Jun-01-04 04:43

stay strong vyyz

As long as you stay strong in mind and body that is how you will win aganist your Aunt she will probably do this for the rest of her life if you let her. Dont let her make you as unhealthy in your mind as she is she is the ugly one her jealousy makes her ugly........April

Enomarb Tue, Jun-01-04 17:44

Dear Juls and Michelle,
Please know that you are in my thoughts. I know this is a virtual community, but it is still real.
I'm so glad that the insurance co paid for the Welbutrin. Some hints (from one who knows): you will feel better as the first few days are over, take it at the same time daily if possible, and don't have any alcohol with it. It won't make you sick, but I think it can reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
Michelle, I can't even imagine your courage in telling others about your secret. Now that it is not a secret you can start the healing.
I'll be thinking and praying for you both-
Eno

gonnabefit Tue, Jun-01-04 17:48

Thank you for your thoughts... last two days have went well but tonight I can feel things going downhill... I haven't taken my medicine today yet as it makes me drowsy so will be taking it in a little bit... DH is back on evenings this week so having a hard time being alone (well I have kids but it is just different)... I sure hope this starts to help... thanks again!

Julie

vyyz Wed, Jun-02-04 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilellen
As long as you stay strong in mind and body that is how you will win aganist your Aunt she will probably do this for the rest of her life if you let her. Dont let her make you as unhealthy in your mind as she is she is the ugly one her jealousy makes her ugly........April

thank you so much April. We are all survivors some way or another!

vyyz Wed, Jun-02-04 10:26

hang tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnabefit
Thank you for your thoughts... last two days have went well but tonight I can feel things going downhill... I haven't taken my medicine today yet as it makes me drowsy so will be taking it in a little bit... DH is back on evenings this week so having a hard time being alone (well I have kids but it is just different)... I sure hope this starts to help... thanks again!

Julie

Hey, I know a way to make you feel just a bit better :)

It's what I call the 'little silly secret'. I know that time is always an issue with me but I try to take the precious 15 mins I have to do one thing...

DANCING MANIAC for one FAVORITE SONG.

I'm not kidding. Humm a tune or use the radio. Dance in the washroom or bedroom. I don't know what better self expression and stress reliver there is.

Just try it. Sometimes feeling a bit silly is the best medicine.

Good Luck Julie, we're all supporting you :)

SummerYet Thu, Jun-03-04 04:20

Quote:
Michelle, I can't even imagine your courage in telling others about your secret. Now that it is not a secret you can start the healing.

Thank you so much. It was so scary, and there are a few more I need to tell, so I am not over the hump yet. I figure the more people that know, the harder it will be for me to get away with it. I have the therapist today, so I will be able to get her opinion.

~Michelle

gonnabefit Thu, Jun-03-04 04:28

Michelle I will start my journal online today... I started it yesterday but I will copy and paste it here!! Thanks for the push... I hope I do it right....

Julie

SummerYet Thu, Jun-03-04 04:41

Jules-

If you need help let me know!

~Michelle

SummerYet Wed, Jul-14-04 06:39

Hi All-

Just thought I would post a question to see if we can get a little discussion going.

I find that I have become good at accepting compliments, but at the same time, I dont believe a word of what they say. Does anyone experience the same thing or have any thoughts on the subject?

~Michelle

gonnabefit Wed, Jul-14-04 07:03

Michelle I am the same way... There is a trust issue there... I guess I still do not see me as smaller and think everyone is just saying it to make me feel good... Hopefully the trust bond will grow stronger at some point.. Great question! Juls :D

Aprilellen Thu, Jul-15-04 04:55

Hi Michelle
I am also the same way....aprilellen

jemman Thu, Jul-15-04 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerYet
Hi All-

Just thought I would post a question to see if we can get a little discussion going.

I find that I have become good at accepting compliments, but at the same time, I dont believe a word of what they say. Does anyone experience the same thing or have any thoughts on the subject?

~Michelle

sure... a guy i work with said to me once "hey skinny" ummm- i hardly think 200 pounds is skinny :rolleyes: even people who are like "you look great!", i think ok, maybe i look better, but great is an overstatement.

SummerYet Mon, Jul-19-04 06:39

So...does anyone use strategies to combat it??