Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How often do you weigh yourself? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185259)

Kaillean Tue, May-18-04 16:58

Every day. Keeps me on track and lets me know how various foods affect me.

It has also helped me get more in touch with my body and changes due to my monthly cycle, and all that. I think being out of touch for so long facilitated my weight gain, or at the very least, was a side effect of it.

I weigh in the morning, and gradually learned to understand and expect the fluctuations that naturally occur.

djcarbno Tue, May-18-04 17:44

I weigh every morning..and no I don't freak if it shows a pound or half a pound fluctuations, I refuse to let it get me down - keeps me motivated!! I understand these changes will probably disappear in the next day or two! I personally think it helps me to stay on track! I do only measure once a week though.

marciazzz Tue, May-18-04 19:02

I weigh every day - and record it only on Mondays - that way I don't cheat on the weekend!

And 1-2 lbs overnight is possible - but is usually water related.

Lindym Tue, May-18-04 19:24

Every day . . .first thing in the morning. I'm not quite as frustrated with the fluctuations as I was the first few months, altho this last week weight loss has been at a stand still :(

supernova Tue, May-18-04 19:37

I'm totally obsessive - every morning, for sure. Sometimes, if I've been really good during the day, I weigh myself before bed, too.

:rolleyes:

Carina8 Tue, May-18-04 22:14

I will only weigh every 2 weeks, I weighted yesterday and my next weigh-in will be on the 31st.

I hope to see a 5lb drop each weigh-in until September. After that I don't mind if goes slower.. I just need to look better for Sept 4th, which is my sisters wedding date! :)

clark004 Wed, May-19-04 04:56

Ok, I admit it -- I am addicted to my scales -- yes scales! I weigh in every morning and usually before I go to bed. I have two sets of scales. One set I started this woe with. She's an old set but I thought reliable (silly me). I upgraded a few months ago and found out that my old reliable set was weigh me 10lbs less :( So now I have to compare and had to reset my starting point and goals.

HeMe2Kids Wed, May-19-04 05:18

I also weigh every morning. But my "official weigh in day" is Monday so that gets recorded.

I do look forward to it. I like to weigh, as I know I have not cheated. Yes, occasionally I am dissapointed, and yes it can have me wondering what it was that I ate to cause the difference. And I think it keeps me goal oriented.

I think you will find from this thread that many replies will be different, which I contribute to the nature of what Dr. Atkins always said. FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!! and stick with it.
This is a diet WOL-WOE that can be tailored to your specifics.

Good Luck!

orchidday Wed, May-19-04 05:41

I weigh in every Monday morning and record that weight and change my stats accordingly. I tried weighing every morning but the fluctuations really bothered me. I am a wimp. Yes, going up 1.5 during one day is normal and happens a lot. I try really hard to not weigh myself during the week, although I cheat :).

Orchid

vixen69 Wed, May-19-04 12:14

I weigh myself every day but record my weight and measurements on Mondays. Since it's so easy for me to gain weight and the strangest food (cauliflower, shrimp) has negative impact on my weight, I need to keep close watch. I'm not obsessed by it so if I forget to weigh in one day, I don't stress over it.

JayceeMn Wed, May-19-04 12:52

Wow--I could handle weighing in that much--I get so upset by the ups and downs that even before starting this diet I decided that I wasn't going to get on the scale very much.
I weigh myself only at the Doc office. I go again tomorrow so I'm excited to see how I'm doing....this way I look forward to seeing the scale rather then being afraid or concerned.