Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   KISS Challenge 4/19 - 5/19 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178718)

nitwit Mon, Apr-19-04 12:52

Am now on my second bottle of sparkling water ...

dinner was nice, it was steak with asparagus, french beans and a salsa of tomato, chilli, cucumber and a spring onion ... very filling!!!

The first day of KISS has gone well so far ... I am praying that I dont get any nibble-attacks later on ... although I still have a 2 litre of water to go through ... so i doubt that i will be hungry after that!!!

Lindyx

flwrfrog Mon, Apr-19-04 13:52

It's afternoon(3:30) and I'm feelin a lil' peckish. DH doesn't get home 'til 6... gonna have to coddle a couple of eggs to hold me over. I guess I'm just accustomed to having a snack around this time, but it's usually a quick "no cook" type thing... cheese stick, handfull of nuts, ect. It could just be that it's my TOM, and that tends to get me in a snacky mood. Great idea jumping in with both feet at my TOM, huh! LOL I''ll make it.

=)
Cori

Demi Mon, Apr-19-04 14:07

A good first day's KISSing :thup: - though I have to own up to having a couple of cups of coffee first thing this morning - I've decided that it's best to wean myself off the caffeine again, rather than suffer from the tremendous headaches I would get if I went cold turkey (I've done that before and was really ill :( ). So I'm going to take it slower this time - however, I am steering clear of my usual once-a-day Diet Pepsi :)

Today's menus:
Breakfast:
Mushrooms sauteed in olive oil with scrambled eggs
Lunch: Char-grilled chicken with salad (romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes)
Dinner: Pan-fried steak (with Steak Pepper Rub), sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and baby sweetcorn with a knob of butter.

SummerYet Mon, Apr-19-04 14:12

Your menus sound so yummy! I am kinda boring today, but good so far. Withdrawl headaches started about 1:00 - popped some advil and all seems well.... Still hate water, but still drinking it. Here is my food for the day so far:

B: 3 hardboiled eggs
L: salad (spinach leaves, cherry tomatos, cucumber, red onion, tuna, egg w/oil and vinegar salt and pepper) and strawberries
S: grilled piece of chicken
D: planning on pork chops and broccoli

Going to exercise in a little bit....30 minutes of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution...hilarious and fun exercise)

Be back later!
~Michelle

***EDIT: I just realized that I shouldn't have had the strawberries :( I had 6 small ones DAMN - I know better for the rest of the month...grrrr***

flwrfrog Mon, Apr-19-04 15:10

My 11yr old son is having oral sugery tomorrow morning so I had to buy lots of soft/cold stuff for him to eat. Lc yogurt, bags of frozen fruit/berries, sf jello & pudding, lc milk, whipping cream, sf popsicles... and I get none. Hopefully when I'm making all his smoothies(and stuff) I'll hold up as well as I have today.
In case you're wondering, yes... I have my son on a lower carb eating style. I'm not forcing it on him, he pretty much fell into it because I don't/won't cook seperate meals for my family. He makes the choice to eat fries and stuff sometimes, especially cake/candy at the grandparents house(because they encourage it...grrr :rolleyes: ). But for the most part he's happy eating tons of fresh veggies and fruit along with whatever meat I make. He's lost just a few lbs, along with growing taller is much slimmer,and is much more active now. I've never counted his carbs, I just believe it's a much healthier diet.
Dunno how the mention of strawberries induced such a ramble... prolly me sweating not joining my son tomorrow. LOL
Great first day ladies! :D

=)
Cori

Demi Mon, Apr-19-04 15:20

Quote:
Originally posted by flwrfrog
In case you're wondering, yes... I have my son on a lower carb eating style. I'm not forcing it on him, he pretty much fell into it because I don't/won't cook seperate meals for my family.

All my family eat lower carb too - not for weight loss but because I, and they, believe that it's much healthier for them :thup:

Actually, that could be what's been holding up my weight loss :idea: - I do cook them low carb goodies - muffins, bread, sweet treats etc - and obviously I have to try them too :rolleyes: :lol:

Hope your son's surgery goes well tomorrow.

NinaJean Mon, Apr-19-04 15:48

Okay, too late to start today (Monday) but I'm in starting tomorrow!

Too f%^&g busy to post much but I will try to post at least 1x per week.

Thanks for making me pull the trigger. I'll be very cranky as I come off the caffeine! Be very happy none of you have to live or work with me! :D

love y'all

Nanci

nitwit Mon, Apr-19-04 15:56

Hi Nanci!!!

Great to see you!!!

Well, i am now battling with the snack attacks ... but I know that this is just a craving, and not proper hunger ... it is awful because there are a few temptations in the house, but am not going to submit ... am drinking even more water now to quench the 'hunger' ...

Think I will go to bed soon so I am not downstairs near the kitchen!!!

Lindy

SummerYet Mon, Apr-19-04 16:08

Hang in there Lindy!! Your day is almost over!! You can do it!

I am getting ready to make dinner now - tummy is grumbling.

NANCI!!!!! It is so great to see you!!! :bhug: I am glad you are joining us :) I am working on the caffeine thing too...just headaches so far...not too cranky (yet LOL)

See you guys later!

~Michelle

patnaude12 Mon, Apr-19-04 18:29

Hi All,

I'm finally here. I had a very busy day and was only able to spend a few minutes on the computer while I was still at work.

Just got through with dinner, I fried a couple of fillets of cod in a tablespoon of butter, also had some cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices. I usually cook up extra of fish or meat for snacks. After it cools I cut it into bite size pieces for snacking at work. I also like to buy daikon radishes and usually have a baggie of those at work. Besides leftover meats cut up in bite size pieces, I also keep at work veggies and I also make and keep on hand both at home and at work pickled eggs. Celery sticks is also a good snack. It usually doesn't take very many to make you feel satisfied, along with the water you can usually get rid of the cravings.

Everyone is in pretty good spirits for the first day, it sometimes gets pretty boring as the week goes on with only being able to eat protein, veggies and water.

I didn't get into the nuts this weekend, I do miss those as well as cheese, low carb milk and cream. It isn't that I eat those all of the time, I miss them because I can't have them. :(

Michelle, any idea on how often we should post our progress? I usually weigh myself every morning before jumping into the shower, if you all would rather post once a week that is fine with me.

Will catch you all later.

Have a wonderful evening.

Carol :rose:

SummerYet Mon, Apr-19-04 18:32

I will be weighing myself daily too. We can post our weight whenever we want...but lets have an OFFICIAL weight in and posting of stats each Monday and at the end of the challenge. How does that sound?

If everyone will please post their starting weights I will begin a chart. Thanks!!

~Michelle

SummerYet Mon, Apr-19-04 19:00

I really really really have the munchies - and I am sick of water already! Oh boy LOL 30 days to go. I am very tired and cranky...probably should got to bed :)
~Michelle

Demi Tue, Apr-20-04 03:06

Thought I'd stop by and share my Breakfast Sausage Patties recipe. I've just had these for breakfast with scrambled eggs, and they were delicious :yum:

BTW, the scales are looking good this morning :thup:

I will probably weigh myself everyday for a couple of weeks, but will only record my official weight each Monday :)

Michelle - starting weight for me is 196 :mad:

Hope everyone has a great KISSing day today :D

SummerYet Tue, Apr-20-04 05:27

Good Morning Everyone :)

Well today the scales were down 3 pounds. The number is still too high, but I will take the loss :) If I can lose 3# a day I will be much happier in 2 weeks LOL ;)

I cant wait to try some more creative recipies. Shopping isnt until the start of the month, so I have to use what I have in the house until then. Sausage patties sound a lot better than hard boiled eggs every day! LOL

Have a great day 2!

~Michelle

nitwit Tue, Apr-20-04 06:50

Day 2 is going OK although have woke up with a sore throat that is making it hard to swallow anything ... but am still sticking to plan ...

Brunch: 2 hard boiled eggs that I mashed with a teaspoon of butter whilst they were still warm, and added a sliced tomato and spring onion ... was really nice and slid down without much drama!!!

My starting weight was 208 (ekkkkkkk!), I was just going to weigh myself once a week but jumped on the scales today and I am a few pounds down ... will post 'official' weight on Monday although will need the impetus - the late evening munchies are hideous (at least at the moment!) ... hopefully they will get better ...

Hope that everyone is doing well and feeling good ... Demi those sausage patties sound great, and good for something different!!!

Lindyx