Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Quotes! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159172)

vogelrealt Thu, Jan-22-04 09:12

It's easier to get forgivness than permission. My dad

photogurl Fri, Jan-23-04 15:33

I have the body of a god...unfortunately it's Buddah!

Ellipsis Sat, Jan-24-04 09:03

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." (A quote from Twain, I think.)

A little less inspirational than most I've read here in this thread, but I love that one! :D

-- Nicky

IdahoSpud Sat, Jan-24-04 10:16

"In theory, Theory and Practice should be the same. In practice, they're not."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"

"I'm not in a slump; I just ain't hitting" - Yogi Berra

black57 Sat, Jan-24-04 18:12

My husband gave me a pocket book entitled, African America Wisdom. In this book there are many quotations and proverbs that have been assmbled representing my culture. That is where my Satchel Paige quote came from. Here are some of the other quotes:

1. Seize the time ___ Bobby Seale, social activist.

2. It's better to look ahead and prepare, than to look behind and regret___Jackie Joyner Kersee American Olympic heptathlete.

3. All my work is meant to say, " You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated____ Maya Angelou ( b.1928 ) American writer, poet and actress.

4. The price of your hat isn't the measure of your brain. African-American proverb.

5. I'm not a feminist...I'm just a proud black woman. Queen Latifah ( b. 1970 )

6. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody____ Bill Cosby (b. 1937 )

7. We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open___ Harry Edwards ( b. 1942 )

:dazzle: So many quotes and so little time.

Black57

Shadow01 Wed, Jan-28-04 12:26

orchidday - Could you please repeat the Will Rogers quote? I wanted to make note of it but it's gone from your post now.

Thank you :)!

photogurl Fri, Mar-05-04 11:44

"I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in 14 days I lost two weeks."
Joe E. Lewis

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."
Erma Bombeck

"No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office."
Covert Bailey (fitness expert)

"Dieting: A system of starving yourself to death so you can live a little longer."
Jan Murray

Paris Fri, Mar-05-04 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade74
Saw this one today and thought it was SOOOOO true...

"One bite is too much, and a thousand isn't enough"

This one is perfect for me... unfortunately.

Jen12345 Fri, Mar-05-04 14:09

photogurl, the one in my signature is similar to what you said. Except it's about a woman...

Does everyone here know what the venus of willendorf is? Try an image search on google...

Katana Sat, Mar-06-04 15:21

"Don't be humble... You're not that great!"
- Golda Meir

Katana Sat, Mar-06-04 15:25

Jen - I LOVE Magna Maters, or Mother goddesses...

Used to sculpt my own, but they were never that powerful... :)

serrelind Sat, Mar-06-04 18:43

A good meal ought to begin with hunger.

Serri

Frederick Sat, Mar-06-04 18:50

"Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon."

-- Oscar Wilde

crysania Sat, Mar-06-04 18:56

I have a few favorites none of them really apply to weight loss though
one quote I used to love (until it started showing up on shirts everywhere :rolleyes: ) "you laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the same"

and from a DC Talk song "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Currently I like
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

"Sometimes the worst curse is to find your dream." - Dragon Steel

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference"

"Some say cats are sneaky evil and cruel. True, and they have other fine qualities as well"

"I could be wrong!" - Oliver DeBurrows
(if you ever read that series you'd know if he said that there was big trouble, and any time he was positive about somthing he was always wrong :lol: )

I better stop now! :angel:

photogurl Mon, Mar-08-04 10:27

I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge. Paula Poundstone