Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Single LC'ers Thanksgiving Challenge!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145703)

Paleoanth Fri, Oct-31-03 14:26

Iowa-

LOVE that cartoon!

OK-listing my goals. I only have a couple of more pounds to lose (can't believe it) as I weighed in at 122.5 this morning. I would still like to see 120 and add that stupid extra day in my workout.

Goal weight 120, currently 123
Inch goal-26 inch waist, currently 26.8
Fitness goal 1-3 days a week
Fitness goal 2-10 guy pushups, currently 5
Health goal- stop smoking.

Thanks guys for all the stop smoking advice and support. I will be heading to Walmart this weekend to get the gum. Or maybe the lozenges-what do you think?

Iowagirl Fri, Oct-31-03 14:28

You know there are plenty of things out there to satisfy your oral fixation, Paleo. I believe we've had this discussion, before. :)

Paleoanth Fri, Oct-31-03 14:33

Not in East Tennessee there isn't.

Lessara Fri, Oct-31-03 15:27

I think tick tacks have very little carbs, if you eat one. I mean they have one calorie.

Also try keeping ice cubes in your fridge, I sometimes add a squeeze of lime or lemon to flavor them. They are good to suck on and you can cure your water and your oral fixation at the same time. :D

Paleoanth Fri, Oct-31-03 16:28

Love the white tic tacs!! Problem is I cannot eat just one. I eat three at a time.

that ice thing is a good idea!

CarbsBeGon Fri, Oct-31-03 17:04

Happy Halloween!

Thanks for starting the new challenge, Soon. :)

My Goals:

Weight: 255 (currently holding steady at 264)
Exercise: Get back to playing racquetball at least twice a week; increasing my mountain biking distance and trail difficulty level the other days; and - should both of those fail - treadmill time!
LC Eating Habits: Besides staying at or near induction level with carbs, I will be more careful with the low-carb goodies. Having a big sweet tooth, I've discovered all the options - Russell Stover, CarboLite candy bars, Breyer's ice cream - and having waaaay too much of them.

I do plan to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving day (within reason). I must have at least a little stuffing and cranberries!

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE! :)

Soon2BSlim Fri, Oct-31-03 18:43

Yay!!! Iowa, Paleoanth and Carbs...wooop wooop!!! Glad you all decided to join!!! :D

Iowa - I love the cartoon too - I've already forwarded it to numerous friends. hee hee

korry1977 Fri, Oct-31-03 19:22

Big Goal:
Get down to 18 % BF or 185 lbs... whichever comes last...

Mini Goals... have a 3 - 4 lb loss every week, and keep up with my study plan!!! Also, exercise 2-3 times a week.. (cardio..)

Induction... I kinda like it now... LOL.. will move to OWL when I am 5-10 lbs near my goal or down to 12-13 % BF... (Gotta make sure my abs are cut, primed, slabs of beef... LOL... ) (No where close right now, however!)

Thanks about it... have a good y'all!

Korry

Lessara Fri, Oct-31-03 19:41

CarbsBeGon - I can relate about Thanksgiving, I'm going low carb with one exception... I'm having eggnog. 16oz of it. :D

Paleo- I used to smoke so I know what worked for me, besides, humor is the best mood assistance during cigarette withdrawals. :D

Soon2BSlim- I put the cartoon on my screen at home to cheer me up... hey so far so good... no candy in me tonight! :)

More good news: I did a 2 block by 2 block walk today during my lunch break

GypsyAngel Fri, Oct-31-03 23:13

OK - I can officially set my goals after weighing in at 202 this morning.
Big goal: 195 lbs by Thanksgiving (but less is OK!)
This week's goal:I will treadmill Sat and Sun, and go to Curves Tues, Wed, Thurs. Friday and Monday will be rest days.
And I won't eat any PEANUT BUTTER...... not one bite!!!!

Paleo - I also can sympathize with quitting smoking. I quit 1 year and 10 months ago. (New Years Day 2002) It was hard because I really liked to smoke. It was one of my favorite things to do. It's horrible but I smoked from age 12 (yes 12) to 31. I do miss it but am so glad I quit.

Good Luck on the challenge everyone!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Gypsy :roll:

MetilHed Sat, Nov-01-03 00:46

OK I'm in . . .

Beginning Weight: 232
Hopeful Goals:
Lose 12 lbs by 11-27-03 (My birthday)
First Mini-Weekly Goal:
3x 1 hour cardio

Good luck everyone !!

Jeff

cori Sat, Nov-01-03 07:04

Official-Sounding Goals:

Start weight: 238
Wanna lose: 13 lbs. to 225
Exercise: Firm Basics Tapes 3x a week
Water: 64 oz. per day (8 cups)
LC Plan: CAD as 11/01/03

Thanks again Soon for keeping track of everything! You're the best! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lessara Sat, Nov-01-03 10:24

Gypsy- Peanut Butter is my weakness too as well as Atkin bars of any kind. I'm being kind to myself - I'm avoiding them all. Why tempt myself :)

Jeff- What do you do for Cardio? I used to do the crosstrainer but because of a 6 month lack of exercising I have to go back to walking to get my stamina up for the machines. But hey I'm a walkin'! :D

Cori- *hugs* Girlfriend, I'm so thrilled you are doing this too!! :D Here's hoping for a cheat free month! Sigh.. ;)

Iowagirl Sat, Nov-01-03 12:03

Hey, did you guys realize it is National Peanut Butter month?

cori Sat, Nov-01-03 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
Hey, did you guys realize it is National Peanut Butter month?

Shaddup you evil temptress! Hey wait! I can have peanut butter at my RM! Yay me :yay:

Kassie - I'm so glad you're here too! Helps to have friendly faces around and it will be even cooler when we both kick a$$! Hugs! :bhug: