Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   creamy garlic parmesan chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141947)

AmandaLynn Tue, Jan-04-05 16:26

does anyone know about how many carbs this recieps contains? thanks in advance

nanjack200 Wed, Jan-05-05 07:31

I made this last night and it was great! I just eyeballed the ingredients...and I am not a cook...and it tasted wonderful! I imagine it would be great on any type of fish as well. Thanks for the food staple I will have weekly....

siara28 Fri, Jan-07-05 16:11

I made this the other night, and was licking and scraping the juices in the pan when I was done, ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! This will be a staple for me!

Thanks!
Heidi

astrocreep Tue, Jan-11-05 16:46

Ragu makes a very low carb alfredo sauce. It has 3g carbs per 1/4 cup, and alittle goes a LONNNNNNNG way. I haven't tried it yet but here's what I've come up with...

3-5 Boneless chicken breasts sauteed in a sautee pan, seasoned with powdered garlic, salt, pepper, until golden (dont worry about cooking them entirely). Then place them in a casserole dish and pour some of the alfredo sauce on top.

Chop up some herbs like basil and oregano and sprinkle on top then sprinkle generous with parmesan cheese and alittle mozzarella/provolone. Top with a few dots of butter and bake until bubbly.

Serve with a small serving of LC pasta and/or a caesar salad.

Carbs: Dont know, but it's gonna be next to nothing!

astrocreep Tue, Jan-11-05 16:47

BTW if the sauce is alittle thick you can add some chicken broth =)

missymagoo Fri, Dec-02-05 21:47

i still make this about once a month. i make it for my dad with out the garlic. i put some italian seasonings for it also. sue

med234 Sat, Dec-03-05 06:35

nice to see this bumped up the list again.
i'd forgotten about it.

BBQgal Sat, Dec-03-05 07:55

Hi,
this looks like a great recipe. I hope ragu still makes the low carb sauce. I am going to try to adapt this to my plan and try it.

Annie

med234 Sat, Dec-03-05 09:48

haven't tried astrocreeps recipe with ragu, but the original recipe is great

LadyBelle Sat, Dec-03-05 21:08

I'm having a dish made with the Ragu lite right now :) it's still out there, although only in the one flavour type still as far as I can tell.

bsheets Mon, Jan-30-06 05:55

Think this recipe would still be good using cream instead of mayo? Can't stand the stuff hehehe

e

emily30 Mon, Jan-30-06 15:46

I made this for dinner tonight and I can say this is the VERY BEST chicken recipe I have EVER eaten!! Awesome flavour and the chicken melts in your mouth! Thanks for a fantastic recipe! :thup:

eve25 Fri, Feb-17-06 13:39

bsheets you would NEVER know its mayo. i am not a fan either but it seperates and tastes completely different.

dianna9234 Sat, Feb-18-06 13:52

the left over sauce is good over green beans too!.. i havent tried cooking it together.. just poured some over the top.. YUM./.. thank you for the receipes!!..

i prefer this to the ragu alfredo!

dianna9234

med234 Sat, Feb-18-06 16:05

I love it when this recipes gets bumped up again, because it reminds me to have it again!