Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   For those people on atkins for 1 month or longer - Hardest thing to give up? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137477)

serrelind Tue, Sep-16-03 12:13

It's weird but I don't really truly miss the stuff I used to love. I absolutely adored french bread and rice before.. now I can definitely say I don't have any cravings for french bread.. what I miss is what's inside my head.. my head still remembers what french bread tastes like.. so thankfully, i'd say my body has gotten very used to low-carb, gotten over the starchy food addiction, and so these urges to eat those things are definitely controllable.

My 2 binges since I started lowcarbing 2.5 months ago have not been towards rice, bread, or pasta. Instead, they were all fruits lol. How very strange! Anyone like that?

tomato Tue, Sep-16-03 12:19

I thought I was gonna go crazy without bread and pasta, but the one thing that I crave the most from time to time is cereal . . . oh yeah, Honey Nut Cheerios!!

Sooo good.

KetoBoy Tue, Sep-16-03 12:22

Well thankfully I no longer crave these things, but I do miss them:
French Bread
Pizza
Chinese Food
and as our buddy :doah: would say, "Mmmmmm donuts"

Rachelle Tue, Sep-16-03 12:27

I miss Eggrolls... nice big juicy greasy eggrolls.. :cry:
I also miss pasta that tastes like pasta...

and Tiramasu (spelled?)... if anyone has a low carb recipe for that... I will personally love you forever....

tomato Tue, Sep-16-03 12:33

I thought I was gonna go crazy without bread and pasta, but the one thing that I crave the most from time to time is cereal . . . oh yeah, Honey Nut Cheerios!!

Sooo good.

fishfish Tue, Sep-16-03 12:43

A fresh warm baguette with butter....Dim Sum....Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Blendeds (you SoCal people know what I am talking about); but I do occasionally indulge in the no-sugar added version.

usedtobero Tue, Sep-16-03 12:46

I have gotten around most things satifactorily...

Bread - but now i have discovered low carb bread im ok

Cereal - but now iI use Keto crunch

French fries -but I am going to try fried turmips,,

Ice cream - Atkins

Chocolate - the occasional russel stovers from the freezer seems to keep me happy.

.. so its probably fruit - i cant eat it as it really is a trigger for me even though I could probably take the carbs - apart from the odd strawberry i havent had any since beginning of june.

ALso caffe latte made with skim milk from starbucks and one of their orange scones!

But I always remember what my mum used to say when we were teens (not that we ever listened to her!!) "A moment on your lips - a life time on your hips!" - so I have no problem not eating them. I am much happier thinner than I was 22 lbs heavier and eating all that junk - I have to always remeber that.

Claire

vbrowne Tue, Sep-16-03 12:51

Rachelle - here you go for the Tiramasu recipe.
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/dessert107.html

Vikki

Mizree Tue, Sep-16-03 12:55

I would have to say cereal and milk. I love cereal. I used to eat it for snacks or dinner. And not the kiddie kinds, I love Munchy crunchy "good for you" cereal. ...Oh yeah and Oreos :)

Birddog Tue, Sep-16-03 13:03

spuds

I have been doing Atkins for almost 2 years. The hardest thing for me to give up was potatoes. Baked, scalloped fried, mashed. I tried subing mashed potatoes with cauliflower but it didn't tasted anything like potatoes to me.

NickFender Tue, Sep-16-03 14:17

I really miss 'em all -- mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, good bread -- but the number one for me is tortilla chips with homemade salsa... I've tried low-carb veggies like celery with salsa and it just aint the same.

xcarbqueen Tue, Sep-16-03 14:40

Corona and pasta! I loved them both unfortunatly they didn't love me! or maybe they loved me too much to the tune of 30 lbs!

GreenEyezz Tue, Sep-16-03 15:28

Oh boy...........Wine, Coke and Fries with Ketchup.

MsMonty Tue, Sep-16-03 15:43

I eat out a lot and miss certain appetizers and *sigh* beer. I do have an occasional Mich Ultra.

MsMonty

armywife3 Tue, Sep-16-03 15:56

There are a lot of things I don't eat anymore that fall into the same category. For me it would have to be

BAKERY items (donuts, cupcakes,rolls etc.) anything bread related. I lived off of hostess cupcakes and anything like this. I used to eat a dozen hostess cake donuts with a gallon of pepsi for breakfast.

Also candy bars in particular reeses but those I don't even miss anymore too much.

I also miss milk...but I hate skim milk. I miss whole milk. I used to drink milk like water. I really miss milk a lot.