Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Saggy skin (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134385)

Marlaine Sat, Sep-06-03 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
i mean SAGGY. like, loose, horribly stretch-marked purply flaccid sag. same on my hips, from the babies. its just like my boobs. deflated.

It takes time, but the stretch marks fade and the sags tighten. And believe it or not, the deflated look that breasts have after nursing and after weight lost, changes too. Mine definately flattened as I lost weight but in the last 8 months since I've been more or less maintaining, they have become rounded again.

I'm not sure about the value of creams and lotions and potions, but I do know that making sure you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, helps to keep your skin supple. I'm also pretty careful to get my EFA's and skin vitamins: E, A&D.

Marlaine

shaerat Sun, Sep-07-03 06:02

HAHA Paradox.. that's me, "short fair skinned breeding breastfeeding ex-200+ lb-er" heehee... you made MY day! (and it's only 8 in the morning.. so it should be a good day!)

Atkins has given me hope of having more babies.. I have three blessings here on earth.. but I've always wanted a large family... but the shape my body was in after my third c-section left me scared to have any more... now I'm going to wait a bit till I'm at my goal weight, and I'm doing pilates/walking/hiking... so when I'm in good shape (hopefully by next year or year and a half) I might actually be looking to get pg again. Only thing is, this time I'm going to watch what I eat.. I'll up my carbs (for the baby) but it'll be around 50 and gooooooood carbs, NO CHIPS! grin!

What a myth, "eating for two"! Ya, only thing THAT gets ya is a body big enough for two!!!!!

*grin*

Blessings! Have a GREAT day to all the uplifting people on this post! Really.. I'm feeling so much better that this folded over, saggy, icky skin will someday be gone! :)

jaybee007 Sun, Sep-07-03 08:52

I believe that this is the best thread that I have come across in ages. I truly relate to the stories that i`ve read and when I look at myself in the mirror, it pains me to see the loose and floppy belly skin that rests on my bikini area. However, not once have I entertained the idea of having it removed . I remind myself daily that years of losing , and gaining weight at a rapid pace never gave my skin a chance to fully heal and be where it`s supposed to be. So,I then give myself a few taps on the shoulder , and encourage myself to keep up this wonderful WOE to exercise and to do the light weights that I have been doing for 7 months now.I can handle the cellulite on my buttocks however I sure look forward to having a firmer lower tummy area. Time, time and more time is what it takes.God bless you all, you`ve done great xo

hramsey76 Sun, Sep-07-03 11:05

I'm 27 and have had two c-sections as well. I feel great laying on my back that wonderful pouch disappears, but when I set up there it is, pouching like a mini beer belly. I also have sagging breasts (and smaller :cry: ) since weight loss. I'm hoping that pillates does work. I've had a denise austin dvd for the past 5 months. Hearing the above posts makes me want to bust it out and start using it now. Thanks for the hope again! :p Bring on the exercise :yay: !