Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   A Christmas challenge ?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=132119)

huggs2ewe Tue, Aug-26-03 12:30

count me in

Hi, All I would love to join to! I think 25 lbs by Xmas is a realistic goal and I know we can do so I'm in for the challenge.

My current is 213 so that would be an awesome Xmas present to be 188 which I can't remember being in to many years to count, and if I was under it was after a fast diet and I gained it all back and more. I am for the WOE for life and will keep fit and down.

I will have to get more exercise in, slacked off over holidays and I will be right there with you guys. :yay:

lburnikell Tue, Aug-26-03 15:38

and me I wanna join I wanna loose 25 lbs by xmas gosh I would be near my goal if I did that so my start weigh is
216 lbs

rishamoon Tue, Aug-26-03 16:16

Ok, the scales were kind to me this morning, don't know if it will hold out but it read 197 this morning!!!

Wow.

MesoMaiden Tue, Aug-26-03 19:37

Count me in please!!

25 pounds gone by Christmas would be an ultimate fantasy come true!!! Even if I only lose 15 by then, I'll be ecstatic! I'm 168 pounds, so that make me 143 by the holidays. :D

:hyper:Count me in! Even if I lose 15 lbs. (but I'll aim for 25 lbs. anyway!):clap:

kellyuk Wed, Aug-27-03 00:05

Hopped on the scales this morning and I'm down 3 pounds, I'll wait a few days and see if it sticks before I change my profile but I'm really happy about it anyway :D

pattie Wed, Aug-27-03 00:31

WOW WHAT A GREAT GROUP HERE!Have a question..should we have a day we all report our weight? I see many use Tuesday. What do you all think about that?
How about 'Tuesday Totals'

Take care all I am off to my German lessons:)

Pattie

alaskaman Wed, Aug-27-03 00:53

Sounds good, but Pattie, why (warum) are you off to German (Deutsch) lessons ven already in Dusseldorf you are? Was Gibt? Was machen Sie?

Cindyrella Wed, Aug-27-03 02:23

I think you are right patty, I had said wed but now you have reeled me in with the cute title *giggles* Tuesdays it is for ,me too :) !! :Party: :Party: :dazzle: I am very happy to have found you all :)

EWENJ Wed, Aug-27-03 02:53

Just popped in to see if there were any more replies to this thread I started and I can't believe it, how many people are taking part in total? I think I will find this all very encouraging. I said to my sister last night that this is a wonderful support group and I think it is making me more determined to lose weight knowing that I am just an e-mail away from any question I want answered. Everybody seems to be happy with the 25lb goal. So let's get cracking. I like the Tuesday Totals. I am going to try and make up a mini goal thingy in my signature. (Not too good with that sort of thing though, I may need help).

Joyce

pattie Wed, Aug-27-03 09:40

Hallo Alaskaman
ich bin eine auslander..und ich hatte kine Duetch in die Schule. Ich habe mien mann auf der Internet getrofen.
Please forgive my German it is sooo bad but I try hard. Met DH on the onternet and after a few years moved here and we were married. I have never regreted a day :)
Lots of chalenges each day and the worst (maybe the best) is I can not get LC products here. Must make everything from scratch. But then I have to stay with the WOE closer and not so much room to cheat. In fact I have been cheat free since I started.
Hey Joyce good idea..I too will tryto set up a mini..just no good at this computer wizardry.

See you all later

Pattie

KMcCabe Wed, Aug-27-03 21:00

Can I join too?

Hi Everyone!

Do you mind an extra person on the bandwagon? I have never done this before but I like the idea of having to report in every week.

I would love to drop 25 pounds by Christmas and have a nice family portrait taken. I am into my second week of induction.

Questions for some more experienced LC'ers. Do you notice that you don't require as much sleep? I am down to 5-6 hours a night instead of the usual 8-9. Also, is it cheating to have one of those Atkin bars during induction even if you are below 20 carbs/day?

Thanks Much!! I hope we all meet our goal!

Kate

PS. Ich kann nur ein bischen Deutsch.

champion67 Wed, Aug-27-03 21:27

Hi everybody,

It sounds like we are truly on our way. So are we starting Tuesday Totals on Sept. 2nd? Are we just posting what we lost and then changing our profiles? I would like to put mini goals too, but I don't know how. Looking forward to see how everyone is doing.

Kate-as far as the sleep goes. If you are in Ketosis you may have a harder time sleeping. I have noticed that I don't need as much because my energy level has gone up so much. I'm not sure about the bar. I always have had LC bars and shakes around when I'm in a pinch and think I might cheat, even during induction. I figure that it's better to have a high protein/LC ready made snack than to binge on something else and have to start over. Some people stall on the sweeteners though. I haven't had a problem. I'd be lost without my "treats" I noticed you said you wanted to have a nice family photo taken at Christmas. I just told my daughter the same thing earlier today!

Teresa

Cheryl R Wed, Aug-27-03 21:40

Woo hoo...what a large group.
I lost 1.5 pounds at my weigh in last night...
23.5 more to go til Christmans.

>>>to Teresa>>>> Your private box is full I tried to send you a message....
It wasn't really private, I just wanted to see how the private messaging worked.

Hey...I'm another November birthday!!!! What a great month to be born in. I'm Nov 2nd.

This tread is going to be so motivational between now and Christmas!!!!!

This challenge will last 18 weeks. That means we can all try to lose 1 and 1/2 pounds a week on average!!!! I think that's a steady way to go.
I am so pumped up to see how many messages are already on this thread!!! We will pull each other through.
Cheryl

champion67 Wed, Aug-27-03 22:04

Cheryl,

I'm not sure how pm's work. I'll try to figure it out. Congrats on the loss!!!

Teresa

champion67 Wed, Aug-27-03 22:11

Cheryl,

I figured it out. Because I'm new I can't PM until I have 25 posts. Soon though!

Teresa