Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   californiaaaaaaaaa (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=105265)

Boondox Sat, Jun-07-03 18:30

Re: central coast

Quote:
Originally posted by poetree
Hi:

I'm not as young as the two of you, but I do live in CA (SLO) and haven't found anyone in this forum that lives any closer than LA, SF, Fresno, or Bakersfield. Ellie

Ellie -- You sure live in a beautiful part of CA! I did my masters at CalPoly before moving to SD for my doc. Nearly didn't move because of the beauty of that area. The beaches, the 7 sisters, those wonderful old wineries. Now I'm in the Green Mtns of northern Vermont. Different type of beauty altogether, and a lot less crowded. But whenever I fly that way on business I long to cruise into SLO. Pete

satihap Tue, Jun-10-03 08:29

hey all- glad to see people making use out of this thread =) hope everyone is well this morning! tuesday! hey arty...you ARE lucky- there are so many low carb places in the east bay! insanity =)

congrats on graduating school too!!

mom4 Fri, Jun-20-03 15:14

Anyone from Belmont? Carlmont HS 1971. I now live near Sacto. Success on Atkins, now on South Beach.

Nat490 Sat, Jun-21-03 23:59

China Lake area here

Hi all,
Just stopped by to say hello and :wave: from Ridgecrest, Ca.
If wondering where this places is it is between Red Rock Cayon off the 14/178 and Death Valley. The high Desert here.

Pleased to meet y'all.

scthgharpy Tue, Jul-22-03 00:00

Hey, artnymph-oakland girl here too! I assuem you hit the TJs and Longs in Emeryville-these are all shouting distance from my house, the bakery lofts on Adeline and 40th.

The gnc nearby has a few things, crunchers and supps and a few other items-byt the TJs has all those excellent lc candiesthat keep me on the straight and narrow!

What are these PW markets they're talking about? Ive not hit a nob hill foods, cuz Ive followed the references on the atkins site, and they've taken me on quite the wild goose chase-I drove all over the city to find...supps only.

Thanks, and good luck!

Ckosbo Thu, Jul-24-03 15:59

Another Nor Cal-er

Hi all-

I too am in Northern California, up near Redding!

I am loving living LC, but I have been starving for the past few days. Must be approaching "that" time of the month.

I look forward to Sunday's weigh-ins and the challenge of going out to eat and finding something lc!

Looking forward to talking to yo all more-
Karen

Tanna Thu, Jul-24-03 16:30

New to this forum

I am new to this forum but not new to lcing, I live in LA but I am not nearly as young as all of you. I am reluctant to tell my age. I think this is a wonderful place and I am very happy to have found it.

Nat490 Thu, Jul-24-03 22:55

Welcome Tanna,
The treads are very helpful in keeping one on track. 99% of the people on the treads are very friendly and happy to help.

I am no spring chicken either :), just turned 59 on the 17th. Don't think age has anything to do with LCing. We are all in this together to get the best results we can and support each other.
hugz
Nancy