Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Schwarzbein Principle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Weekly Weigh In (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=104834)

Piano Mon, May-26-03 11:38

Monday Weigh In

Congratulations Judy, Drama and Denise on the weight loss!!!
:cheer:

I lost one pound this week and gained it back over the weekend! I actually had a pretty good week but went out to eat at Applebees last night and ate right before I went to bed, I had lemon water and a chicken quesadilla which is made of white flour, shouldn't have caused a whole pound gain.

Pianobeiner signing in!

jeanyyy Mon, May-26-03 15:09

OK, I'm going to do this, too. Weighed in today at 210, roughly. Hard to say cos the needle jumps around a bit, so I won't change my stats just yet. :D

mmoranmic Mon, May-26-03 15:22

Hi Gang:
My weight was up to 171 this morning!!!!!! I'll wait a day or two and see if will come back down before I channge my stats. I was out of town this weekend although I did bring veggies and lunchmeat I did end up eating other really bad food!!!!!! As someone mentioned, I need to really keep an eye on what I am doing and where and who I go out with! I may need to give up some of these out of town trips and stay home and take better care of myself. I didn't get enough sleep or enough exercise this weekend, I drank diet soda (toxic) and junk food. I was with my good friends who don't eat like I do and I went right along with them. I have no one to blame but myself. The good news is that this morning I started all over with my good food and I won't beat myself up over my mistakes. This is a way of life for me and I am striving for progress.
I do like the weekly weigh in because it gives me encourgagement and I like to see the progress that others are making!!!!!! Have a great week!
Maureen

Beth_N Mon, May-26-03 15:42

I'm in -- 172 this morning.

I went up to about 180 in the beginning, so I'm delighted to finally have some noticeable loss. I'm desperately in need of some new clothes, but haven't wanted to shop until I lost enough to fit comfortably in the ones I have again. Who wants to go up a size?!

Beth

suzyq1958 Mon, May-26-03 18:09

aargh! nothing lost, nothing gained

Well, after 1 week of exercise and carb-tracking, I'm exactly the same weight as last week - 134.5 (I now believe those who tell me it's harder to lose weight after menopause). I haven't even cheated! I can do this.

Oh well, I do feel much better from eating healthier food and walking. Today, our whole family went for a 2 hour hike in the mountains (lots of uphill). The stream was really rushing with the spring runoff and a few wildflowers were starting to bloom.

DramaDame Tue, May-27-03 10:12

I am getting worried I am doing something wrong as the books keep stressing "YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT" and I am losing...down from 192 to 188...anyone with any ideas??? Will I suddenly start gaining again? I am following TSP I and I just finished TSPII. I am not sure what type I am but, am going to the doctor to check it out....I don't want to make things worse by eating incorrectly.
Any ideas???Please post in my journal...Thanks...DramaDame

Zoot Tue, May-27-03 11:38

Oh you guys...

I'm obsessed with my scales....nope< i don't look like a lizard:) but I am apt to weigh three or four times a day. Maybe if I start weighing with you all only on Mondays I'll have a much better outlook on my weight.....m-a-y-b-e....

tryin' hard,
Zoot

carpathia1 Wed, May-28-03 12:55

Okay, I'm at 148.25 and have lost inches again. The inches are coming off quickly, the pounds, not so much, but I'm pleased.
Thanks, again to Piano :wave: for starting this thread and for the encouragement!

Carolyn

caverjen Wed, May-28-03 19:58

I'm still at 127 as of yesterday, but I'm ok with that since I finally got my period! :cheer: I was 2 weeks late, so even though dh has had a vas, I was getting pretty nervous. I hope at least a pound will come off next week, and I'm planning to recheck my body fat as well. I don't mind gaining weight if it is muscle.

Bookgurl, thanks for your response. I have tried adding and subtracting carbs from my meals. I actually seem to get less hungry if I eat fewer carbs, as long as I eat some with each meal. I eat 15-30 grams per meal, partially depends on how much non-starchy veggies I eat. My baby is 21 months old but still nurses at night. I did put a 1/4 cup measuring cup into the nut jar to help control my serving.

Jen

mmoranmic Thu, May-29-03 13:36

Hello Ladies,
I'm back down to 168 so I'm plase about that. I drank a bit over two gallons of water yesterday!!!!!! My food has been good and I've been consistant with my exercise.
Jen, was it you that provided the link to the military body fat calculator. It used your neck, waist and hip measurements. If you could let me know I would appreciate it! I think I'm about 30% body fat.
Regards,
Maureen

judy130 Mon, Jun-02-03 07:16

Monday weigh in and I've lost another 2 lbs. Just incredible! Weight now 162.5. Can this last?!!

Judy

Piano Mon, Jun-02-03 07:33

Congratulations to all you losers!!!!

Judy 2 pounds
Maureen
Caver - glad you got your period
Beth
Carolyn - on the inches
Drama - WOW good problem to have!
sorry if I missed anyone

I got on the scales this morning and I'm down 1 pound!!!!! It really helped over the weekend knowing I would be weighing in too keep that pound off!

:cheer:

Welcome Jean

Have a happy healthy week!

Piano

trisharau Mon, Jun-02-03 07:35

Weight is down 2 kilos since I weighed two weeks ago. :)

suzyq1958 Mon, Jun-02-03 08:45

Still waiting

CONGRATS to those who have lost this last week! Another week has gone by and I have maybe lost .5 lb. I've been consistently down that .5 lb for several days now. When I drop another 0.5, maybe I'll change my stats. Anyway, I confess that I cheated a little over the weekend. I got some soft serve ice cream in a cup on the way to the mountains for a hike (now how dumb is that ? the ice cream of course, not the hike ). I'll "see" you at next weeks weigh-in.

Piano Mon, Jun-02-03 09:14

Suzy another 1/2 pound melted!
Trish how much is a kilo in pounds. Wow to of those babies gone!

Pianobeiner