Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   SBD Daily Check In- Weekly Weighin **updated** food lists and meal plans listed (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=405477)

~Renee~ Sun, Sep-04-11 09:34

Date....................8/29......9/5......9/12......9/19......9/26

Name:daze:

Miezimau..............185
miss.snow.............231
nametaken............201
Renee..................157.8....157

My weigh in day is Sunday, so I went ahead and set things up for Sept.
Hope everyone had a good week on the Beach. I'm working on setting things up to go ahead and restart P1 this week.

With really long work hours and J's hospital stay I've fallen back on a lot of convenience foods :nono: J has agreed to do this w/ me in an attempt to normalize his BG and eliminate cravings. When we move to P2 he will be able to see what foods are an issue for him. Right now, the way he is eating, it's only a guess as to which food on his plate has spiked his BG. Thing is, he is being really picky right now as we create a menu. I just want to whack him on the head! :daze:

miezimau Tue, Sep-06-11 05:32

Name

Miezimau..............185......189
nametaken............201
Renee..................157.8....157

Bad case of constipation and water retention combined with fried foods and a few slices of Bread got me balooning. I am starting Classes today and have to pack lunches, I hope I can figure something out to bring with me that doesn't need refridgeration.

nametaken Thu, Sep-08-11 09:30

I am where there is scales today so I weighed of course.. I am down to 196.0..not bad for being on vacation. If I remember correctly I was 201.2 when I left home on Sept 3rd. Now if I can just keep it off. I leave for home on the 18th.

~Renee~ Mon, Sep-12-11 06:20

Name

Miezimau..............185.......189
nametaken............201
Renee..................157.8....157......157

Not much on the weight loss front this week. This should change as we move into P1 later this week. I've stopped eating at work; instead I am back to taking snacks with me. Even though I wasn't eating our high carb options, the sauces I was using for my salads and as dips for our protein options are pretty crappy nutritionally. Just eliminating this much has me less bloated and not gaining :thup:

Hope everyone had a good week on the Beach.

miezimau Mon, Sep-26-11 05:34

Still the same, no change for me. School 4 days a week then football Thursday nights got me stuck.

Name

Miezimau..............185.......189...............................189
nametaken............201
Renee..................157.8....157......157

Judynyc Mon, Sep-26-11 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by miezimau
Still the same, no change for me. School 4 days a week then football Thursday nights got me stuck.

Hi,
I'd like to know why this got yout stuck? :)
I'm asking because I've seen you go through this same cycle several times over the years. I'd like to help you move beyond it. :agree:

Date......................9/5......9/12......9/19......9/26

Name

Miezimau...............189...............................189
nametaken............201
Renee...................157...................157

~Renee~ Tue, Sep-27-11 22:18

This isn't my official weight for the week, but I'm putting it down anyway. I've just finished a 12 day course of prednisone for my back. I'm very sensitive to it and as a result the swelling is quite severe (the 13lbs is after using a prescription diuretic).

I'm hoping that by putting this here, I can maybe help someone else who may be in a similar situation. There was a time when a gain like this would have me hating/punishing myself. I would either severely restrict food or binge/purge in an attempt to get back to "normal". At the time I couldn't see that I was hurting myself.

By adhering to the principles of SB, and with the support of people like Judy, I have been able to create a better relationship with food. I was able to lose 100lbs and maintain that loss over the past 4 yrs. I've not been perfect, there have been times that I have used food as a means of punishing myself for what I perceive as short comings. Even so, I have stuck with my WOE and see/feel the rewards of it everyday.

If you are struggling, know that you aren't alone. We have all been there at some point. Don't beat yourself up over something you have no control over. You control your life, life doesn't control you.

Date......................9/5......9/12......9/19......9/26

Name

Miezimau...............189...............................189
nametaken............201
Renee...................157...................157........170.2

miezimau Tue, Oct-04-11 05:44

Time to update the list, even though I am not losing, quite the opposite, I am hoping to get back on track soon. Just too much going on at the moment that has my attention away from the weight and eating.

Date......................9/26.......10/3.........10/10..........10/17

Name

Miezimau..............189.........191.3
nametaken............201
Renee.................................170.2

miezimau Fri, Dec-16-11 15:45

wow no one has been back here since October! It is now middle of December, I just had a Birthday last week and I am almost back up to my highest weight. Holiday stress, Job stress of my Hubby's and me getting ready to go back to school is piling the pounds back on. School Spring Semester starts January 17th, taking 3 classes this semester and want to see how that goes before I add more classes. I also have applied for another job which is just part time, but it will help with the bills if I get it. I hope with me being out of the house almost all day I am getting a chance to eat better. Being at home at the moment and eating everything in side out of boredom is NOT good. So here is to my New Years Resolution, get back on track for the New Year. A Skinny me in 2012, Who is with me?

Date......................12/12........12/19.........12/26..........1/02

Name

Miezimau..............201

miezimau Mon, Dec-19-11 17:20

Date......................12/12........12/19.........12/26..........1/02

Name

Miezimau..............201...........200.6

miezimau Fri, Dec-30-11 17:58

I guess no one coming in here anymore?

Judynyc Fri, Dec-30-11 18:12

Quote:
I guess no one coming in here anymore?

I'm here and will rejoin you!! :agree:

Happy New Year!! :wave:

miezimau Sun, Jan-01-12 11:14

Happy New Year Judy! Long time no see!

Judynyc Sun, Jan-01-12 12:10

Quote:
Happy New Year Judy! Long time no see!

I've been here all along...good to see you too!! :wave:

Are you ready to let go of eating all flour yet? ;)

miezimau Mon, Jan-02-12 18:35

Oh Judy I have been going back and forth and back and forth over the past few months, I think I have to eliminate one thing at a time and work my way backwards instead of eliminating everything and adding things back in. So I will eliminate a few things off the start that I know for sure I can do easily. Alcohol, and Fried foods. Will drink more water and eat more veggies and fruits and protein. Chocolate and Pasta will be next, I will switch over to the Whole Grain pasta and Whole Grain Bread until a bit further down the road, I know I will have to stop them altogether, but I have tried it to eliminate at first and then add things back in and was left feeling very unsatisfied and cheated because of it. So eliminating it slowly until I am rid of it for good. It is worth a shot to try it this way :)
Date......................1/2...........1/9............1/16............1/23

Name

Miezimau................203.2

miezimau Thu, Jan-12-12 07:39

I have to update :)

Name

Miezimau................203.2........201.4

not much, but it is moving in the right direction!
Tuesday I will start School, On Campus they are having a "biggest loser" competition. Starts January 30th through end of April. The top 3 weight loss % will win prizes. Our weigh- ins are on Wednesdays. So I will update my weight on Wednesdays. Registration is starting and not all are able to participate, so keep your fingers crossed I get a spot!

W/Feathers Tue, Jan-17-12 07:47

Hi Miezimau -- good luck! I hope you get a spot. Are you still thinking about eliminating one bad food at a time? I just know that for me, that would be very difficult because of cravings. I have tried South Beach several times in the past and always do well the first two weeks, but in week three I would add back in grains and by week four I'd blow the diet. At the time I thought I was just missing all my old foods and had no will power, but over time I've realized that the grains were bringing back my cravings. So this time, no grains until I reach goal weight (and then I'll think about it!!) I am just starting week 3, so I'll see if my theory proves out.

Judynyc Tue, Jan-17-12 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/Feathers
Hi Miezimau -- good luck! I hope you get a spot. Are you still thinking about eliminating one bad food at a time? I just know that for me, that would be very difficult because of cravings. I have tried South Beach several times in the past and always do well the first two weeks, but in week three I would add back in grains and by week four I'd blow the diet. At the time I thought I was just missing all my old foods and had no will power, but over time I've realized that the grains were bringing back my cravings. So this time, no grains until I reach goal weight (and then I'll think about it!!) I am just starting week 3, so I'll see if my theory proves out.

Good PLan!! :thup: :wave:

miezimau Tue, Jan-24-12 06:16

I got a spot! Yeahy me :) But I have gained a few pounds back. UGH, Giving up bread is just the hardest thing for me. I don't even care if I can have pasta or cake or things like that, it is the German Bread, that gives comfort.

so to update the list:

Name

Miezimau................203.2........201.4...........................205 .6

I think it is mostly water weight, because I am in school and have not been drinking enough water throughout the day and been having some high sodium counts. I started walking again after classes before going home and on Monday's and Wednesdays I will start going back to the gym after my class.

oldasamule Wed, Feb-15-12 15:30

Hello to all of you was just wondering if I can re-join in this. I will not be able to start till officially till Saturday for today I had arthoscope done on my knee and I am unable to cook and exercise, etc till I see the doctor on Friday but I am excited to get ready for Saturday. Thanks.

Judynyc Wed, Feb-15-12 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Hello to all of you was just wondering if I can re-join in this. I will not be able to start till officially till Saturday for today I had arthoscope done on my knee and I am unable to cook and exercise, etc till I see the doctor on Friday but I am excited to get ready for Saturday. Thanks.

Welcome Back! :wave:

miezimau Tue, Feb-21-12 06:18

Welcome back! I have been so busy with school and Homework and kids are starting Field and Track that I have hardly any time to be on here, let alone concentrated on my weight. I am still hovering around 205lbs as we speak, but at least I am not gaining and just maintaining.

Judynyc Tue, Aug-21-12 07:15

** bump**
The first few posts in this thread are the food lists and meal plan guides for phase I and II. :)

Kurst Wed, Feb-13-13 11:25

Bumping for new people :)

spongebutt Sat, Feb-16-13 23:40

I need to join this! I tried Atkins but keep losing and regaining the same 10 lbs.

Judynyc Sun, Feb-17-13 10:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebutt
I need to join this! I tried Atkins but keep losing and regaining the same 10 lbs.

Welcome! :wave:
I strongly suggest that you use the meal plan guide for phase I of South Beach as your guide for this switch. It will help you a lot to see what amounts to be eating, ie: portion controls. :idea:
Please see post #2 in this thread. :)

Good Luck!

spongebutt Sun, Feb-17-13 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Welcome! :wave:
I strongly suggest that you use the meal plan guide for phase I of South Beach as your guide for this switch. It will help you a lot to see what amounts to be eating, ie: portion controls. :idea:
Please see post #2 in this thread. :)

Good Luck!

Thank you, Judy! :)

NomNomNom Wed, Oct-09-13 05:02

Thank you Judynyc for this awesome breakdown of portions, amounts and Lists. I love it and will print it out as soon as my printer ink comes in the mail. Starting slowly to Phase2 and was a bit confused on portion sizes. I am at 171 and looking much better thanks to Treadmill and discipline. I have a question...Do you have a recipe for Jicama baked fries..or adding some combo of spices that takes that sweetness away? I know it might be a dumb question..so many recipes out and some are more Atkins friendly, thus a bit more fat. Have a great day.

Judynyc Wed, Oct-09-13 07:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom
Thank you Judynyc for this awesome breakdown of portions, amounts and Lists. I love it and will print it out as soon as my printer ink comes in the mail. Starting slowly to Phase2 and was a bit confused on portion sizes. I am at 171 and looking much better thanks to Treadmill and discipline. I have a question...Do you have a recipe for Jicama baked fries..or adding some combo of spices that takes that sweetness away? I know it might be a dumb question..so many recipes out and some are more Atkins friendly, thus a bit more fat. Have a great day.

Hi and Welcome! :wave:

I'm happy to know that you will use the lists. :thup: I found them at the official SBD web site many years ago. They really were the key to helping me be successful on this plan....with personal modifications that I had to make along the way.
Phase 2 is where most people get sidetracked. They allow way too much in way too fast. This is where I began to use the Atkins carb ladder as a guide to move through phase 2. :idea:
As for :idea: jicama fries, I have never made them but I'm fairly sure that Kalyn's Kitchen Blog would have a recipe for them.
Here's a link: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/0...n-posts-on.html

Good Luck and Congrats on your losses to date! :cool:

NomNomNom Thu, Oct-10-13 05:26

Thank you so much, will go and snoop around kalyn's Kitchen.. hehehe. *Hugs*.