Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Health (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   40 somthing Peri-pausal Thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=60415)

Chris Rob Mon, Aug-04-03 08:08

Thanks Linda

Will post measurments into my journal and plug away with the body building and aerobics and see what happens.. nothing to lose but inches and nothing to gain other than feeling good!

hope46 Wed, Jul-28-04 14:58

[QUOTE=molmerlin][COLOR=blue]yee haw, glad to see this thread. I am there too I am 45, I thought that was too young. but holy cow, iapparently not. tom can be 7 or 8 weeks late, niagra falls the whole deal. and these hot flashes. what the heck is up with that? glad to see I am in the same boat with others. I have mood swings that must surely baffle my coworkers
:help: Just fond out today that iI am "officially" starting menepause :yawn:
I am 46 and missed 3 periods, having night sweats, and SPREADING ON THE WAISTLINE :tears: Went for a check-up and blood tests confirmed what I suspected...I'm OLD! Weight is not coming off like it use to(I dont think)
I'm not sure cause I also have short term memory loss from MENAPAUSE!
AND I am a bitch --I never use to use that language! Can anyone relate? :agree:

LadyDi Wed, Jul-28-04 19:49

Not quite there...but

Hi!

Im almost 48, but haven't missed any periods yet....I do have a goofy thyroid though....It was slow, and now fast...But Im 1 of 10% of the population that still gains weight even when Im hyperthyroid....
I'm not giving up!!!!!! Its real slow going at times.....
I know the fat fast can help at times for a boost...
I workout like mad....I take suppliments, cause I dont wanna do estrogen...
I have gained on my tummy and waist, and they say its a hormone thing...
I start to feel bloated and crummy right after my period!!! Weird huh? Then its gets worse, and I get forgetful and cant think(thyroid does that too). It carries on til 3 days before my period, then I feel great and all through my period I feel great!!! ITS A WEIRD TIME!!!!!

hope46 Thu, Jul-29-04 08:46

fine wine

My estorgen level was 96...does anyone know what that means? My nurse that called didn't!!!!! Thyroid problems run in my family too....rough stuff!
Hopefully we can age like a fine wine! Know what I mean :lol: hope

LadyDi Thu, Jul-29-04 11:16

Estrogen

Im not sure what that means...but I heard if you take natural vitamin E, it can lower it in those that are prone to have high readings....and put it normal in people that have low readings in Estrogen...I guess its a normalizer. You can read this in Paavo Airola's.."Womans Only" book...or similar name.
When I cant concentrate lately..I have been trying a suppliment called "Ginko Biloba"...pharmacies have it cheaper.....Hope this helps...and get your thyroid checked if it runs in your family!!!! Seems it comes to haunt in your 40's!!!!! :agree: looks like me exercising:)