Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I'm tired of doing this...weight watchers next? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90382)

MAC Artist Wed, Mar-12-03 20:39

WOW how did I miss this thread

well then.. this has been some thread goin' on here. Looks like opinions were flying right off the handle. so I gotta say my two cents.

Coming from experience I know what being overweight is all about. I know the frustration and the denial. We have to be honest with ourselves, but at the same time we haev to be COMPASSIONATE towards our selves. There is way too much self hate with women in our society. When you self hate your not nurturing your soul your not building esteem yor setting yourself back . We all know that we won't go anywhere in life if we are not head strong, self confident and persistent. So it applies to weightloss and health goals. BELIEVE in yourself. YOUR the most important person in your life. Learn from your mistakes and be kind towards yourself. COMPASSION.

Jenn your doing awesome. You listened to your body telling you 6 days a week at the gym isn't working. THATS being compassionate. You discovered the benefits of BALANCE. So u mess up sometimes , thats human.. we can't be perfect. lifestyle is that trendy word that seems to be sinking in for more and more people. Thats really the key to the pot of gold. Not the chocolate ! maybe I shouldn't have used that .. anyways
balance means no deprivation, means you won't be lacking in any one nutrient and it means compassion towards yourself. My TRUE goal with all of this is BALANCE . in everything...

i'll let you know when i achieve it .. in the mean time JENN what is the next DELIC low carb treat your making??? i wanna know

Piera

RGale Wed, Mar-12-03 21:01

Great post, Piera. Well said.

--Ruth

JMakeupLC Wed, Mar-12-03 22:22

No word of a lie, you guys are making me tear up with happiness. Unity is SUCH a rare thing these day. I live in Northeast U.S. and anyone call tell you its every man/woman for himself.

You will literally get TRAMPLED here, and shoved aside if you dont get your you know what together in time for the rest of the people behind you.

And comming to this forum, and struggling, not just with sugar, or flour, or even food, but self image, self loathing, and self respect...and finding so many WONDERFUL people that are struggling toe to toe with you, it just makes you feel so warm and toasty.

I just want you all to know how much i enjoy comming here, and learning and sharing.

BTW, i've decided i'm going to become wealthy making low carb desserts in my area. I would love to have a low carb place to eat, but there is NONE around here, maybe i should start one?

would you guys go if there was one by you? just wondering...

OXOXO

Jenn

catspaw Wed, Mar-12-03 23:21

I would - I've thought myself that an LC-specific restaurant might make a good post-retirement career move.

bigguyjonc Thu, Mar-13-03 00:12

LC restaurant

I had that same idea,but i came to the conclusion that although there are alot more LCers, there probally isn't enough in one area to make an all LC restaurant work. So i was just thinking that maybe if you had a normal type restaurant with a whole LC section you could do pretty well ,and I think you would get alot of LCers to eat there. :yum:

Jon

DDMariana Thu, Mar-13-03 00:33

I'd sure frequent a LC establishment...no doubt!!

Jenn...I rely on this forum every single day (like an addict, now!) for my motivation, support, information...and some darn good, close friends now.

You know, when you chat with someone every day over your morning coffee...you share intimate thoughts, share your struggles - which is a common thing here... you really start to KNOW those people...they're not just one dimensional e-mails after a while!!

Just to put the word out...we are working behind the scenes for right now to put together a LC convention - most likely on the Atkins cruise next January 2004... SO many of us would LOVE to meet...

Hang in here for more info as we get it...we'll print it. Not time to put out a thread on it yet, but just to get a little buzz going for now... if we can pull it off, that would be a BLAST!!

(Talk about a LC establishment!!) :D

MAC Artist Thu, Mar-13-03 08:28

yup a LC resto sound fantastic!! It would make eating out soo much easier. Its too bead JENN your not in Toronto!! That sure would fly here , no doubt!!

Piera

tbagram Thu, Mar-13-03 17:22

count me in

Knowing that there may be a LC Cruise gives me a boost. Some days are really tough and having something like this helps to keep on track. One thing I am learning this time around (its my third time in thirty years), is that I dont have to throw in the towel if I slip. I used to slip and say "Oh well guess I dont have what it takes to be thin"and then proceed to eat every thing in sight and go back to eating the same old way. I am also sure that reading and sharing has made a world of a difference in my attitude. Thanks a million guys. :D :D Vonnie

RGale Thu, Mar-13-03 17:47

I love the idea of an LC restaurant, but it might be difficult to make it fly economically. Protein and good fresh vegetables aren't cheap, and I have a feeling that the profit margin at most restaurants comes in the carbage . . .

--Ruth