Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Sign-up for one year of TDC!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=85205)

Pokey Thu, Feb-13-03 11:53

I'm in

I dont usually post a whole lot, mostly just respond to people and visit a few journals, and lurke about, but i am committed to this WOE. So I decided to join in.

I Pokey, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
C-Ya around,
Pokey

GaGirl Thu, Feb-13-03 12:35

Count me in!!

Believe me...I have to stay commited. So here's my promise. This is a great thread.

I Shari, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Shari

SummerYet Thu, Feb-13-03 19:02

OK...from someone who likes to "avoid" when things get rough...

I Michelle, otherwise known as SummerYet, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Michelle

WHEW! I made it!!

~Michelle

msbroome Sat, Feb-15-03 14:12

I commit

I have been in and out of these forums for a little over a year, and I lost my way with low carbing. But thanks to a diet pool at work I have been encouraged and legal for about 3 weeks now. I happened upon this forum while lurking and it sounded like a great additional motivator, so here goes.

I Sandra, otherwise known as msbroome, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Sandra

FionaC Sat, Feb-15-03 18:14

Well I'm new to all of this but I am motivated and can't wait to start my new life with Atkins (it begins tomorow :hyper: :cheer: )

So I Fiona, otherwise known as FionaC, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Fiona (or Fee which is what most of my friends call me :D )

lngirl Sat, Feb-15-03 18:35

:wave: Cindi, what a great idea. As you know I'm not the best poster, but am committed to this WOE, it has been so good for me getting my diabetes under control!! And tho I don't post often I feel like I know you all and want to become better friends.
So here goes:

I Ellen, otherwise known as Lngirl promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Ellen PS I know I won't be able to post every day, but you'll be in my thoughts so don't count me out..

rirby Mon, Feb-24-03 08:21

Better Late than Never

What a great idea. I'm really excited about being here! Oh goody!! you mean I get to keep all these friends for a whole year?(well almost a whole year) But seriously folks I really believe good friends are the greatest treasure, and this whole idea is wonderful! :thup:

I Robyn, otherwise known as rirby promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Robyn

ps
I just found this site yesterday, and would love to post at introduce yourself, if I could figure out how to do it. (DUH) :bash:

Tiggerdy Mon, Feb-24-03 11:39

Woo-hoo!

Count me in! I've been committed to this WOE for a little over 5 mos. now, so I feel this commitment is a wonderful addition to my WOL. I've been lurking in the TDC for a while now, slightly afraid to chime-in, so I'll take this opportunity to become 'one of the gang.'

I Nikki , otherwise known as Tiggerdy , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Thanks for this opportunity and I'll be seeing ya around!

Happy LCing!
Nikki :daizy:

irisda Wed, Feb-26-03 17:26

Pledge

I Tatiana, otherwise known as irisda, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death or worse precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Tatiana.

What an awesome pledge. I will do my best to live up to it.

KRJKRJ Thu, Feb-27-03 15:01

I promise

I promise all of the above also...don't know how to cut and paste. But I promise..this is a great forum and I appreciate all of the support shown here.

LittleAnne Sat, Mar-01-03 09:32

To the Year Ahead

Hi Cindi

Having visited the TDC for the first time in a long time I saw your thread and decided I had to join. As you know I have now been a member of the forum for just over a year and so I have seen a lot of people come and go, particularly in the M-Q journals where I regularly hang out.

I like many others have found this forum so supportive and it has made this lifestyle so much easier when you can read that others are or have experienced the same problems. I know it will take me well over a year to lose my remaining weight, so here is my pledge:

I Anne, otherwise known as LittleAnne, promise to stay on the forum for a further year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

gladehaven Sat, Mar-01-03 12:31

What a great idea for extra motivation!

I Tina, otherwise known as Gladehaven, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Tina

Dingo10520 Sat, Mar-01-03 19:15

Even though this is my first night at Triple Digits, I want to take the pledge. When I started Atkins on 01/01/03, I decided to make at least a one year committment to myself. It seemed like such a long way to go, but, hey. 2 months have already gone by! WE CAN DO THIS!

I Sue, otherwise known as Dingo10520, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

mrschmelz Sun, Mar-02-03 10:47

I Mrschmelz, otherwise known as Schmelz, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Schmelz

ChromeDome Sun, Mar-02-03 10:56

I Jeffrey, otherwise known as ChromeDome, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I've also set the TDC as my Home Page so you should be seeing me around here a litlle more regularly.

iseeku Sun, Mar-02-03 13:29

Better late than never!!!!!

I Hiedi, otherwise known as iseeku, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Hiedi

I love this forum, and find it to be just what I may need to continue this WOL. Thanks Cindi......this pledge should help and is a great idea!

zandria72 Sun, Mar-02-03 18:58

I'm here too...

Hi all...

I'm not an official card-carrying member of the TDC, but I hope you won't hold that against me. ;) I've noticed a few people lately (on the site) who only have ten or fifteen pounds to lose, and I do not identify with them at all. I fully understand that my 70+ pounds is nothing like 150, but it is still damn unpleasant. *heh*

I think that this is a great pledge! It is very hard to me to imagine anything a year from now; I'm so swamped with current problems. However, I have stopped in here several times a day since joining, so I imagine I could still be around next year. :D

I, Suzanne, otherwise known as zandria72, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Suzanne

celtinore Sun, Mar-02-03 20:56

Room for one more?

I, Lo, otherwise known as celtinore, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Lo

Many thanks to all of you who have offered support and encouragement on my journey thus far! It really does help!

Jeepers Wed, Mar-12-03 17:11

I pledge!

I only wish I would have seen this sooner!

I Amy, otherwise known as Jeepers, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Amy

bezza Thu, Mar-13-03 16:34

Great Idea, Count me in.

I bj, otherwise known as bezza, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

lynnetony1 Sat, Mar-15-03 15:45

Can't improve on your pledge, so I will just add my name to the list and subscribe to this thread so I can post and keep track of everyone here. Here's to a great year for all of us!

I Lynne, otherwise known as Lynnetony1, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Lynne

TraceyLynn Sat, Mar-15-03 16:27

I Tracey Lynn, otherwise known as Tracey, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Thank you so much for this change to join your wonderful forum!!!

I hope I will be an asset...I am starting to feel so good about myself and I don't want this feeling to end...So plese HELP!!!

dcbrowne Sat, Mar-15-03 20:06

I, Donna, otherwise known as dcbrowne, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) to the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Donna

Dynamite Sat, Mar-15-03 21:06

I have a LONG way to go. I figure the best way to get there will be with a little help from my friends so here I am taking the pledge:

I, Renée , otherwise known as Dynamite , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and all others, at all times. Your friend - Renée :wave:
Please Help Me Learn The Low-Carb Way

thin at 30 Wed, Mar-19-03 17:41

I need a butt-kicking once in awhile so I'll be here :wave:

So here is my commitment - I Lori, otherwise known as thin at 30, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Lori

:wiggle:

OnMyWay2me Thu, Mar-20-03 06:41

I OnMyWay2Me, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

OnMyWay2Me :wave:

gotaloseit Fri, Mar-21-03 15:25

I am in too

Well, guess I'll join you all...........

I've been on one to many diets in my life and have decided this is it, I've got to live long enough to see my son grow up and have children of his own so no more fooling around. So if you all will stick it out, then by golly...so can I

I, Tanya, otherwise known as gotaloseit, promise to stay on the forum for one whole year, live the LC lifestyle through good and bad (and thick and thin :) ) So, lets here it for all of us who have decided that we are fed up with being overweight and we're going to change our lives. Give yourselves a great big pat on the back. Talk to you all later.

BrewWa Sat, Mar-22-03 10:15

OK, sign me up!

I agee to the pledge. I wish to join my friends at TDC for at least a year. I have been around for almost 6 months. Another year sounds good. I'm committed to this lifestyle. I like what this WOL has done for me; I love what it can do in the future.

I am not as able to check in as often as I'd like at times, but encourage those of you who can to participate often. Your encouragement might provide the inspiration that keeps some one else going. We all need encouragement and support at times. I will try to read and add my support to fellow TDC members.

Have a great year everyone!

BrewWA

hatetocook Sat, Mar-22-03 13:13

I just started Atkins 11 days ago, but I feel like I've been heading towards this for quite awhile. I'm great at reading posts but not so hot at posting, so I will try to improve there. I'm also one of those who just tends to fade away after a time, so I'm highlighting that part of the pledge for my own benefit.

So, without further ado, I Elizabeth, also known as hatetotcook,
promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Thanks for the idea Orchidday. Look forward to meeting up with all you!

hatetocook

musicmama Mon, Mar-24-03 23:56

Saw this and had to join,,I need all the help I can get!!So, here goes......

I Betsy, also known as musicmama,
promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Great Idea!!! :thup:

Cya lighter :wave: