Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Big Ladies Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=74956)

mary nappi Tue, Dec-24-02 12:14

big ladies club

please allow me to join your club.
just let me know what i need to do to join you.
mary

Lessara Wed, Dec-25-02 07:36

Hi

Mary you just did what you needed to join... you wrote :)
Welcome aboard! :wave:
Oh and happy Holidays!!

gapgirl420 Wed, Dec-25-02 09:49

HAPPY HO HO TO ALL YOU BIG LADIES OUT THERE!!!!!!

GAP

pollyrob Thu, Dec-26-02 00:23

Hey, me too, can I join please?

At one stage I was 266 pounds, lost 56 (the hard low fat way) and gained 32 back before finding out about Atkins (through my husband's surgeon).

So I count my Atkins journey as starting at 242, and when I get down to my goal of 160, which I WILL, I may find I want to go further.

I'm finding it hard to lose right now, I'm beginning to suspect that my CCLL is actually lower than the allowed induction amount of 20 gms, so I'm experimenting for a few days on 15. Time will tell....

Keep well everyone

Kerry

Lessara Thu, Dec-26-02 17:01

All are welcome

I was hoping for a thread where we can share problems that keep lcing from being successful in regards to weight loss.
So ask questions and offer advice :cool:

gapgirl420 Sun, Dec-29-02 10:43

OK,

Let's get this thread going...

I know that when I step on the one eyed monster that I'm going to jump back in horror...I've really been making POOR FOOD CHOICES lately...I'm ready to jump back in the wagon holding on for dear life! I made my mind up when I started this WOE in October that I was going to do it this time, and BY GOLLY, I AM!
Can't let a few nasty carbs get in my way...been to the grocery and got the freezer stocked up and I'm planning to do some cooking later in the day...I've got to have it ready to eat or I won't cook when the time comes..

HOW BOUT IT???? ANYONE WITH ME???

GAP

summer10 Mon, Dec-30-02 07:53

I want to join too!

Hi,

I just found this thread - with the holidays I haven't had much time to look around the site. I hope I can join in - I read thru the entire thread. (Even though I'm at work and should probably be working.)

I've been LCing since April. I've lost 29 pounds - although I believe I probably had a gain over Christmas - I'm not weighing until I feel like it's gone. I ate carbs on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day but got back on track on the 26th and am planning to do induction again starting on the 01/02.

Kassie, I am really impressed you're still off caffeine, you may recall that I gave it up around the same time you did(and went thru the violently sickening withdrawls) but I am back to drinking caffeinated coffee. I just couldn't stay away. I usually only have 1 cup a day - I did feel better when I gave it up but I started just having 1/2 a cup occasionally and now I am back to drinking a cup a day.

I agree that the weight loss is slow - I thought I would be further along by now. I do exercise - usually 4x a week for 30-40 minutes and I know the more exercise I do the better my losses are. But at least we're losing something. It is so helpful to know other people are experiencing similiar issues.

I'd better go do some work.

Summer

LC_Dave Tue, Dec-31-02 02:19

Go Girls!

Hi everyone!

I just couldn't let this thread go without adding my 2 cents!

First up - Congrats! I totally agree with the philosophy behind this thread! I hope it becomes very popular!

Secondly - I find this very very amusing! I was a strong voice for a seperate mens thread ages ago

Read out the Big mens debate here!

What makes this thread so amazing is the overwelming opposing views expressed when a seperate mens thread was discussed a year ago.

Men are definately a minority in weight loss support groups.

I suppose thats why a mens only thread wasn't supported by a majority - because we are a minority.

Just a thought.

I wonder what changed ?

Anyways - I think this is a positive thing!

Good Luck to everyone.

LC_Dave
P.S. I'm back on deck!

summer10 Fri, Jan-03-03 07:01

So how is everyone doing?

So where is everyone?

I just re-read Kassie's original post and thought maybe we could focus on one of this issues she brought up to get everyone going. What do you think? Maybe exercise or expectations?

I know having someone to check in with definetly helps me.

Summer

DarkLotus Fri, Jan-03-03 07:19

Good idea Summer! I definitely can contribute to that discussion :D I have been faithfully doing my weight lifting, but haven't been as good about my cardio. That will all change this Sunday, as I'm starting my first Body For Life challenge, and I plan to do exceptionally well!

I poke in Cassie's gym log every now and then, how's the gym going? What about everyone else?

As far as expectations, to stay on plan and don't ever give up, those are mine. Anything else would be too stressful. I've even come to terms with not making goal by this April. :rolleyes:

mary nappi Fri, Jan-03-03 11:13

HI EVERY ONE, JUST CHECKING IN TO SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING. ANY ONE INTERESTED IN WRITING ME, JUST SEND ME A PM.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS WHO ARE STRUGGLING TO LOSE THEIR WEIGHT LIKE I AM. I HAVE 90 LBS. I NEED TO LOSE TO MEET MY GOAL. I HAVE ALREADY LOST 100 LBS. BUT GAINED SOME BACK OVER THE HOLIDAYS BUT AM NOW GETTING BACK ON TRACK TO LOSE IT NOW...

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT AND INSPIRATION AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

I AM 57 YRS. OLD MARRIED FOR 35 YRS. AND HAVE ONE DAUGHTER 25 YRS. OLD. HAVE TWO GRAND CHILDREN, AGES 2 AND 5.

HOBBIES ARE SWIMMING, HOME DECORATING, AND MY HUBBY AND MY CAT.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Lessara Fri, Jan-03-03 11:38

My Goodness

Hello all! :wave:
Mary you have done great so far! :thup:

I haven't been to the gym in about two weeks. One was due to lack of time because of work, the second because I got really ill with a stomach flu :rolleyes:
I'm hoping starting next week to be going to the gym again.
I miss using my body. I work a desk job.

I didn't gain weight but that was because of illness not diet :rolleyes:

summer10 Sat, Jan-04-03 10:57

Dark Lotus - I've been thinking about doing BFL based upon what other people post - but I need to get the book and check it out further. Right now I am walking at least 4X a week - that is my commitment for the new year. But I know I need to add in some weight to help tone up. My bf has tons of weights and is willing to help but I thought a structured program would be better. I'm interested in hearing how you like it once you get going, good luck.

Mary, did you lose the 100 lbs LCing too? That is great, how long did it take. (For me it's taking longer than I thought it would!)

Kassie, Hope you are feeling better now. My bf had that flu too and he was miserable. What do you do for a workout at the gym?

Summer

mary nappi Sat, Jan-04-03 16:27

LOOKING FOR LESLE

LESLE WHERE ARE YOU.............
SHE IS FROM LAKE CITY, FLORIDA...
WRITE ME IF YOU SEE THIS......
MARY

JeanetteJ Sat, Jan-04-03 22:08

new to triple digits forum

I'm starting to become a "yo-yo" low carber. When I was in college I stuck to low calorie for 6 months and lost 40 pounds. I haven't even managed to stick to low carb for that long, but I've been trying low carb for ages, it seems. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough? I just can't seem to make it stick. At my lowest low carb weight I was 209, but now I'm back to needing to lose 100+ again. And it sometimes it seems I'll never make it. Am going to start on Atkins on Thursday, and hopefully I'll get rid of those 100 pounds this time!

Jeanette

gapgirl420 Sun, Jan-05-03 12:18

AFTERNOON LADIES

It's a chilly Sunday over here on the West Coast of FLA...I'm staying in, and getting some laundry and housework done.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far...not looking forward to hitting the work trail tomorrow..BUT it's got to be done
Got to support my internet habit :eek:

MARY....I tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full and you need to empty it before you can receive any more.

I'm off to get my work started...

GAP

bsayne Sun, Jan-05-03 23:46

Starting back on the exercise trail...

I am looking forward to the indoor pool opening in another 2 weeks...I am still putting off a full blown BFL challenge as I have surgery scheduled now for my eyes in two weeks and my rotor cuff is not completely healed...wow thats alot of excuses not to be doing something now! Guess I better add em to the book and get off my newly coifed duff...got some new clothes for the holidays and don't want to get too comfortable in them as they should be baggy soon and heading for the donation or resew pile!

I have to say the BFL is a great choice as I was smaller at a higher wt than I am now with the muscles I had...will have again! I was up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5 and beat the crowds I had so much more energy and was eating...every 2 hours! In 4 wks I lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 9 of muscle it was so empowering. If you can, Do It! You won't regret it.

I gotta forget this all or nothing and focus on the something more...something more! Park further out in the parking lot, take the stairs, take a walk with lunch, and find the time to move around as this is the year I will see a number that starts with a one on my scale before spring is here!!! The only exception to that deadline is if I'm planning for a new addition and until that day comes I am sticking to my plan and making it work. My hb joined me on the first...it is easier to plan together!

Keep working at it and share your tips for getting it moving! Home exercise video...like Tae bo and Pilates are great too! Even Richard Simmons if he moves you!

Beth

summer10 Mon, Jan-06-03 07:28

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

I did get my exercise in over the weekend. Taking today off but I am still planning to reach my goal of a minimum of 4 sessions a week. Having a specific goal really helps me.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Summer

DarkLotus Mon, Jan-06-03 08:14

That was some good advice bsayne, thanks. I kicked a$$ in a big way yesterday, BFL challenge 1 is well underway! I really enjoyed it, I think this is going to work well for me. I did a very detailed entry in my gym log if anybody is interested. I agree, having a specific goal helps quite a bit, but so does having support and people to talk to too.

mary nappi Mon, Jan-06-03 17:58

WHERE IS EVERYONE? ALL THE POST I SEE ARE DATED
ONES FROM THE PASS. AREN'T THERE ANY NEW ONES?
WHERE ARE THEY?
WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH YOU ALL IN HERE AND
JOIN YOUR GROUP.

mary nappi Mon, Jan-06-03 18:01

THINK I HAVE FOUND YOU. WHEN I POSTED IT TOOK ME TO TODAYS DATE. THE SITE I POSTED FROM ALL HAD OLD EARLIER DATES.
DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT HERE BUT I DID.

Lessara Wed, Jan-08-03 15:35

Hello all!

Sorry I haven't written much, work has been crazy with all these submissions! :rolleyes: I'm doing good on CALP. Still adjusting. My appititite has been like a rollarcoaster, some days I don't feel like eating and other days I'm starving. I try to eat something on my not so hungry days. I'm hoping its a cycle thing :daze:
How are you all?

BaileyWS Wed, Jan-08-03 17:35

I'd like to log in here and say hi ...

I'm back after a 6 month (or so) absence.

Now 6 days into Atkins again. I need to start back at the gym, too, but haven't been able to since I'm nursing a cold and just don't have any energy in the morning.

Unfortunately for me, if I don't go early, I don't go at all. My schedule just won't allow the time to do that later in the day.

My story is that I lost 60 pounds between July 2001 and March 2002. In April I left the country for a 4 week trip to Guatemala and have never been able to really get back into the swing of things with LC. I maintained until the fall ... then slowing (or not so slowly) 30 pounds came back (in about 4 months).

So here I am again. Doing the best I can.

Glad to see you all here ... some new, and some oldtimers.

summer10 Wed, Jan-08-03 19:13

Hi everyone,

I've been doing well with my exercise commitment - already got in 3X this week.

Darklotus, how is your BFL challenge going? I did check out your gym log.

Kassie, I saw your post in the chat thread too - are you interested in meeting in the chat room Friday night, between 7 and 8? (If anyone else is interested just be there then, we're trying to get a group together to schedule a chat.)

Hi Wendy, glad to see you're giving LC another try. I started LCing around the time you left - I wish I was losing faster but I'm trying to be content with at least I'm losing.

Hope everyone is doing well

Summer

Thinny Sat, Jan-11-03 17:29

I don't know if I qualify, either. I've been LC'ing for 2 years, and have lost as high as 80 lbs, but gained back 10 pounds in the last few months. So I got over my bout of diverticulitis (caused by an allergy to cheese and cream products, among others, but which I can't always resist), started measuring my water again to make sure of at least 2 litres daily, and started drinking 15 drops GSE (Grapefruit Seed EXtract) in 2 doses daily. That, plus some acidophilus, has taken off 5 lbs water in a week, leaving me ready to get back to my lowest figure in 20 years. (Actually, I'm there already.) Now, I have a minimum of 43 lbs to lose to get back to my high school weight, or 63 lbs to get to my Gr 8 weight, or 83 lbs to get to my chart weight, a figure I have not seen in all my teen and adult years. Take your pick - I'll settle for any of them.

DarkLotus Sun, Jan-12-03 03:48

It's gong great summer! I love it! I could use 2 off days instead of one though. But, so far so good! What are you doing for your exercise?

I have a dsl router that's on it's way, so I will be able to be online almost anytime in a few days, so I'm up for chat too.

Welcome bailey :wave:

So Cassie, finally found a program you like, eh? Good, I hope it works well for you :) You still working out too?

summer10 Sun, Jan-12-03 07:50

Hi Darklotus,

That's good that you like BFL. I bought the book yesterday but haven't had time to look at it yet. The only exercise I've been doing is walking on the treadmill, which I've commited to doing at least 4X a week. But I am looking for somthing else to do - which is why I got the BFL book. I'm also going to pick up a book by Steve Zim (can't remember the name now), but I read an excerpt in a magazine and it sounds easier to start with than BFL. I know I've got to do something more than walk, but I'm not very athletic!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I've got to get on the treadmill now, we are going away overnight tonight and I HAVE to get my exercise in before we leave.

Summer

Gina7657 Mon, Jan-13-03 07:49

im new here can i plz join i need all the help i can get :)
i refuse to be this big by my 46th birthday
have always had a weight problem but was never this ow before
started doing atkins 10/27/02 weight was 272 now is 240 may be less havent weighed in a week r so .
and my so called dh trys to get me to cheat allthe time but i refuse to .i will not let him do that to me this time :)

DarkLotus Mon, Jan-13-03 08:40

Welcome Gina :) Your DH sounds pretty inconsiderate to be trying to sabotage your hard work! He should be encouraging you, not hindering you. Tell him he's an unsupportive ass. He should want good things for you, better self image, better health, etc. Don't let him get you to cheat! Congrats on your loss so far! :wave:

karlita66 Mon, Jan-13-03 10:35

Trying to get back on track

I started LC'ing last Jan and lost down to 294 not the best loss but progress just the same. Then I started doing fertility treatments and ended up gaining most of the weight back. I've decided to focus on the weight loss again and hopefully get to a lower weight before I start the fertility treatments again.

So I'm here again (didn't post much last time) with a plan to become more social (I tend to lurk as I'm shy) and I will try to post AT LEAST one post a day..