Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   The '10 Weeks Challenge' through the New Year! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=218693)

OzSlimmer Sun, Nov-14-04 18:04

bb6399 - perhaps you could get your scale to tell mine to behave? We were getting along great last week (down 2 lbs in about 3 days) and this week I am back up for no reason whatsoever. Grrr. I think I'm ready to throw it out the window. :lol:

Tomorrow is weigh in so we'll see how things go!

Akasha Mon, Nov-15-04 07:52

Hi everyone! I weigh-in officially tomarrow. I can't wait to see! I have a feeling I am going to be remarkably impressed with my progress this week. :)

shoshie Mon, Nov-15-04 09:15

I guess I should have not gotten ont he scale yesterday. I am back to wear I was on friday 172 which is real good. I am home sick today and so is my older son. I have a head cold or the flu starting who knows. achy, horse no voice, just one giant mess. My son has a headache. and a little fever. twins went to school. I am off to go back to bed with a cup of tea.

Congrats on sheddiing the pounds. I myself don't get discouraged if I stay the same I look at it has a victory in itself. But I do get VERY excited to go down a half pound. I really want to make my first goal of 171.
The lowest I remember in the past 4 years was 170.5 it was only for about 2 weeks, back in dec. 2001, after I had surgery (hystorectomy) . Funny what you remember. I have hovered back and forth from 173-182 in the past 4 years.
Stay stong everyone and have a good day

bb6399 Mon, Nov-15-04 11:52

Shoshie I to have that issue with the scale sometimes ( like the last 6 months) it just doesn't want to move but it, Try talking to it maybe all they don't like all cussing we do to them :) hope you feel better !
Beth

Daisy-Duke Mon, Nov-15-04 13:13

Hey Gals and Guy...Or are ther more than one now. I guess I should pay better attention to our group. I am so happy for those of you that have lost and those who have stayed the same ( no gain is a good thing) and for you who had a great night or two fun and got back to it and now have no gain. It is always nice to go out and enjoy life.

As for me I know it is very tempting to use my bathroom scale, but I have to wait until thursday for the gym scale. It is the one I got the original weight from so it will forever be my true weight. I think it will be good news because the clothes (PANTS) are starting to fit just a little looser YIPEE. This is my first time trying induction so I know, per the book, that a few of the first pounds lost is water weight. So I will take that into consideration after this first week of induction is over.

QUEASTION: When does the fatigue go away? I am drinking water like crazy and well herbal tea, but I am really tired like my arms are heavy for no reason.

Thanks and can't wait to see more of your awesome results.

Daisy

bb6399 Mon, Nov-15-04 17:47

If I remember correctly the fatigue will go away soon it might take more than the first two weeks if you have given up all caffeine, I feel fatigue if I try to cut alot of calories, when I try to not eatsuch high fat foods, right now I have been eating mostly chx, jello, H20 and not as many veggies and don't feel the fatigue this time like I have in the past!

GabrielleG Mon, Nov-15-04 22:04

1 pound down today...yaaay I hope I can keep it going now that it's moving again.

Nov. 8th: 154
Nov. 15th: 153
Nov. 22nd:
Nov. 29th:
Dec. 6th: 150 Major Goal!!! (100 total pounds loss)
Dec. 13th:
Dec. 20th:
Dec. 27th:147 50 pounds down for 2004
Jan. 3rd:
Jan. 10th: Ultimate Goal: 145 Maintenance phase begins

Daisy-Duke Mon, Nov-15-04 22:19

Thanks for the info. Yeah cold turkey with Carbs, Caffine and alcohol.....VERY BIG..... It is fun I thought I would crave the caffine most because I am so used to having anywhere from 3 - 4 cups of coffee with cocoa, milk and splenda EVERY morning for as long as I can ever remember. Then I add in a few diet soda's or iced tea during the day. Then sometimes a drink before bed a night with a diet caffine free soda or crystal light.

I can't wait for Thusday though, I will measure as well as weigh, so it should be an eye opener ;)

Hey good job Gabrielle that is great news. Man so close to THE BIG 100 how exciting :agree: That is so impressive!!!

Daisy

shoshie Tue, Nov-16-04 06:33

Tuesday

Thanks Beth,
Well I am now on a z pack. I am still exhusted and feel like crap. I ate dinner last night roasted chicken. It was hard to eat my ear was killing me I had some tea also. I am staying in again today. If anything maybe I will do some cleaning. My house is flithy and my dad is coming for turkey day. He hasn't been in here to my house in 8 years. Means he would want the FULL tour. He usually flys in and out of Florida fast so we go see him instead it has always been easier for us.

Akasha Tue, Nov-16-04 07:42

Nov. 9th: 153 lbs.
Nov. 16th: 149 lbs! Wow!
Nov. 23rd: Thanksgiving Goal: 145 lbs.
Nov. 30th:
Dec. 7th:
Dec. 14th:
Dec. 21st: Christmas Goal: 140 lbs.
Dec. 28th:
Jan. 4th, 2005:
Jan. 11th: Goal: 135 lbs... Can I do it?

bb6399 Tue, Nov-16-04 08:48

Akasha
Look at you go
WOOWEE :)

shoshie Tue, Nov-16-04 09:23

Akasha,
That is great ! keep it up!

Akasha Tue, Nov-16-04 10:23

Thanks everyone! I am so excited that the scale is just MOVING again! We'll see what tomarrow brings. :)

shawn119 Tue, Nov-16-04 12:06

Nov. 9th: 278.5
Nov. 16th:270
Nov. 23rd: Thanksgiving Goal: 274 lbs.
Nov. 30th:
Dec. 7th:
Dec. 14th:
Dec. 21st: Christmas Goal: 265lbs.
Dec. 28th:
Jan. 4th, 2005:
Jan. 11th: Goal: 260

Coming off my first carb up, I've actually lost 8.5 lbs this week. I figured I would lose some of the weight I put back on, but not the full 6 lbs. I gained plus some. I felt so good about it, I went out and actually bought new jeans hehe. It's the first time I've bought new clothes since I started my diet in August. I don't look like I'm wearing a diaper when I put on jeans anymore. :cool: Keep up the good work ladies. Nice job Akasha!

Daisy-Duke Tue, Nov-16-04 14:29

Way to go Akasha

It is so nice to hear that alll of your hard work has been paying off.

Giid Job :agree:

Daisy

Daisy-Duke Tue, Nov-16-04 14:30

OOPs I still need to work on my little ticker. He He

bb6399 Tue, Nov-16-04 19:34

Wow Shawn119 That is awesome guess now you have to change your thanksgiving goal??? : )

Daisy-Duke Wed, Nov-17-04 17:34

Good afternoon everyone!

Well it has been kind-of quite in here. So how is everyone doing? Any secrets to share or any cool new weight loss? I sure hope so. Happy LCing to all and enjoy life..... :agree:

Daisy :wave:

shoshie Thu, Nov-18-04 12:34

I am so EXCITED! I met my first goal early. I am so happy yeah me!

bb6399 Thu, Nov-18-04 13:20

Meeting goal early is great, makes the next goal look easier,
keep up the good work

bb6399 Thu, Nov-18-04 13:21

I weigh in tommorrow, can't wait to see how much I am down, well hope I am down anyways,

shoshie Thu, Nov-18-04 17:55

I am crossing my fingers and toes for you bb6.

bb6399 Thu, Nov-18-04 19:02

Thanks Cross um tight, I am afraid that drinking so much water and reducing my appetite might not have been good for my weight loss, really afraid of that starvation mode, but we'll see I ll have to have a pep talk with the scale tonight so its in a good mood in the morning :) :) !!!!

Daisy-Duke Thu, Nov-18-04 22:53

Daisy is crossing her fingers for you too

Good job Shoshie, What a great accomplishment. Early goals made are a wonderful thing...... :agree: Keep up the great lc work and maybe you'll hit the next one early too :-D

bb6399 Fri, Nov-19-04 07:31

Wheeeeeew hoooo Me!!

Nov 12-start- 255
Nov19-251
Nov26-
Dec 3-
Dec10-
Dec17-half way goal
Dec24-
Dec31-
Jan 7-
Jan14-
Jan21-goal-220

Daisy-Duke Fri, Nov-19-04 22:01

Good Job

Hey BB Good Job .... Way to go :agree: ,

I think everyone pretty much blew outta here. I know I have been High Fat Honeys and It is going strong. You should read up on the first page and see if it for you. There are a lot of good people in there.

Give it a try,

shoshie Sat, Nov-20-04 08:11

I am here! I am down to 170.5 for sure today. Yippee! I am half apound over my Nov 23 goal.
How are you guys doing daisy? BB6? Hi know the high fat honeys are doing well I read some posts. I can't do it too much math involved lol

GabrielleG Sat, Nov-20-04 11:32

Hey everyone I'm still here but TOM struck yesterday so I may be up when I weigh in Monday.

bb6399 Sat, Nov-20-04 14:47

Man I hate it when then happens on a weigh in day, Well good luck gabrielle,

bb6399 Sat, Nov-20-04 14:48

I will have to check out the High fat honeys and see what it is all about.
Thanks