Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Premaintainers' Poll: Share Your Tips (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185787)

kallyn Mon, Jul-03-06 12:26

fat/carb/protein ratios: 60%/20%/20%
calories (controlled or not): not controlled, anywhere from 1300-1800 depending on how hungry I am
portion size (controlled or not): not controlled, although when I cook I usually only cook enough for that one meal (usually, for 2 people, I cook 1lb meat and 2 veggie sides)
number of meals/day (three? two? six? as many as one feels like having? snacking or not?): 2 meals (I'm never up early enough for breakfast) and one large snack which is usually after dinner, as I eat dinner around 6-7 and don't go to bed until midnight at the earliest
total carbs or net carbs?types of carbs?: I average around 55 carbs (probably 70-80 with fiber added), but can go as high as 80 or as low as 40. These are usually from veggies, fruits, yogurt, nuts, sprouted bread/LC tortillas, granola, and LC ice cream
AS/sugar?: I drink diet soda on and off, and make desserts sweetened with splenda if I have a fancy for them. Sometimes I have a dab of real honey, or something decadent like a date or fig.
stall breakers: no idea. I didn't own a scale until last week. :)
exercise: none
times of day to eat: lunch (noon-2), dinner (6-7), after dinner snack (9-10)
medications as stalls: I'm not on any meds

Earthgirl Fri, Aug-25-06 12:49

Right now I'm at about 19% calories from carb, 28% from protein, and 74 % from fat. This is with mostly low carb throughout the week, and "carbing up" (CKD) on the weekend.

Total calories average 1266 perday, with fluctuations ranging from 1000 to 1700. Most days its between 1200 to 1300 though.

So far I've only been maintaning (vs. losing) for about a week now, so more remains to be seen. I want to keep coming back to this thread. I'll read what others had to say too!

I sort of watch portion sizes. Mainly I just record them but I wouldn't say I really restrict them.

Usually 3 meals a day with at least one of them being a low carb protein smoothie. Not alot of snacking anymore. I REALLY had to break myself of it.

Most carbs are in form of fiber in berries, veggies and soy milk. Recently I added low carb tortillas, which are very high in fiber.

Not much in form of AS or sugar.

stall breakers: Going back to Meat and Eggs only for a few days almost always does it.

stall makers: If I eat more than four ounces of cheese a day, also AS and breads.

I lift weights about twice a week and do HIIT cardio at least twice a week. Most sessions are 45 minutes to an hour.

times of day I eat 9:00, 11:30, 6:00 or later in the evening. No real reason-it just usually works out that way.

medications as stalls - certain birth control pills or the shot. The shot is what caused alot of my weight gain.