Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   weight and sizes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122943)

Jerzgrl Wed, Jul-16-03 07:55

At my heaviest at 180 years ago, I never wore more than size 14 mostly 12s. Now at 135 I wear a solid size 6 (some 8's if they run smaller)

252dlp Wed, Jul-16-03 08:00

I am 5'3.2" 137 pounds and can wear size 6 or 8 depending on where I buy them from.

triatrim Wed, Jul-16-03 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug61
I am 5'7" and I wear a 10-12, depending. This morning I weighed in at 140.

Junebug, not to put you on a spotlight, but when I saw your stats I thought about when I weighed 140, and got very confused. The thing is, right now I am 5'6 and weigh 166, and I wear 10-12. But when I was 140, I think I was still wearing 8-10's, so not a very dramatic change. But you certainly look a LOT thinner. I also see friends who are 5'7 and around 140 also and they wear a six and look fabulously fit. I just don't know what it is! Even when I weighed 130, I wasn't much smaller than an 8...I guess it really has to do with frame size, and how in denial you are when you are squeezing into those jeans that no longer fit!

KristieP Wed, Jul-16-03 09:43

I am 5' 3.5" and when I was 138 I was an 8-10 and now I can get into 6's. Hoping to get down to a size for again!

KP

MocaGyrl Thu, Jul-17-03 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasche
I think also what counts is how you like wear your clothes. Alot of ppl like to wear their clothes skintight ( nothing wrong with that me I like to breathe) some ppl like me like to have them fit but not tight and others like them loose. It all comes down to how much ease you like in you clothes.

This is another consideration. When I reached my goal & bought my 1st pair of low rise jeans, I thought they were sooo tight! But my man informed me they were not that tight, that style is worn tighter, actually. I'm not used to painted on jeans, so if I wanted that look & feel, I suppose I could wear size 8. But I'd be doing a penguin walk, could certainly not bend down, & would be sportin camel toe! :blush:

tasche Thu, Jul-17-03 14:39

Too true! I like to be able to bend over!!!

SaturnStar Thu, Jul-17-03 17:04

I must be built weird - I'm 5'4.5 medium frame currently 148 or 149 and I'm in a 12 or a very tight 10. GAP/OLD NAVY sizes...

Tracy916 Thu, Jul-17-03 17:49

I'm almost 5'8'' with fairly broad shoulders and hips. When I was younger and weighed a lot less, I had trouble buying jeans because my waist was so much smaller than my hips. If it fit in one spot, it didn't fit in the other. I was thrilled when they started putting elastic inserts in jeans. Finally I could buy a size 12 and the waist would not gap on me. THen suddenly, the size 12's didn't fit anymore. So I went up to a 14. 37 pounds later (197) I was still wearing the 14's. I'm embarassed to think about what that looked like.

Now I have lost 18 pounds and the 14's are loose, but the 12's are way too tight. I am quite happy to be comfortable in my big 14's. If I ever get down to being comfy in a size 12, I will have made my goal.

CMCCAB1 Thu, Jul-17-03 18:01

Wow! It is amazing how different we all are!

I am cuurently in a 14 at Old Navy and am 5'10. I would still like to lose another 35lbs or so, I wonder how mant inches I will/can lose, or if it is even possible. The smallest I have ever been is a size 8 (in high school and at 13 at 135 lbs. I looked anorexic!
Catherine

scottjan Thu, Jul-17-03 19:45

I'm 5' 3" and wear a size 18 jeans with xl tees. A size 16 jeans will fit if I don't sit.

Oh, for the days when less is more.

LadyBelle Thu, Jul-17-03 22:25

I'm 5'2". When I weighted 138 pounds I could wear a size fit snuggly and a size 8 very comfortably. I've always had high lean mass though, and at that time I was weight lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 5. I have no idea what size I'm in now. I can wear my SO's 30 inch waist shorts, though they are kind of snugg. I'm still trying to get rid of this dang preggie fat that settles funny in the tummy and rear. I have stopped wearing my old maternity shirts though. It's depressing when you've lost 15 pounds and someone asks if youa re expecting again.

Kyla_72 Thu, Jul-17-03 22:43

I weigh 200 and I am in a 16. I can wear a 14 but it is to tight so I don't. I was woundering though, I have lost 15 ppounds but only 8 inches. Do some people just lose more weight then inches? Do any of you have any sugestion so i can get into a 14 soon?

Kyla :)

LadyBelle Thu, Jul-17-03 22:58

Quote:
Do some people just lose more weight then inches? Do any of you have any sugestion so i can get into a 14 soon?

Exercise, exercise, exercise.

It will help to tighten and tone things. you will build lean weight while getting rid of fat weight losing inches in the process. Start with walking if you have to. If you can add strength training in, it is one of the ebst ways I've found to lose weight. Make sure to drink your water too as some of it could be water retention.

Other bonuses to gaining lean weight through exercise:
1. Muscle has better circulation then fat which means more calories are burned even while at rest.
2. Better circulation means a reduction in cellulite or fatty deposites, this is why massaging with lotion works well on it.
3. More efficient burning of calories, and better use of nutrients.
4. Estrogen as well as enviromental toxins, certain poisons, and some minerals all are stored in fat cells. This is one of the reasons obese women have harder time concieving, more complications in pregnancy, and more health problems in general.
5. The increased energy from a regular workout.
6. Being able to feel the muscle under the fat and tell it is toning.

katgurl Thu, Jul-17-03 23:41

i'm about 5'7" and at 154 lbs now. i was 174 at size 12-14, now 8-12, depending on the pant/skirt.

tasche Fri, Jul-18-03 00:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjan
A size 16 jeans will fit if I don't sit.

O

Do you REALLY need to sit? LOL (justkidding) :roll:

tash ( who is is typing standing UP)

joe_ Fri, Jul-18-03 00:33

im 6'4" 228 right now, was 6'4" 238 when i started 9 days ago, wanna get down to 190 but puttin on muscle too.. so will probably end up in the 190-200 area.

whyspers Fri, Jul-18-03 06:04

I'm at 184 and in a size 14 very comfortably. I've lost 47.5 lbs. and have barely gone down 2 sizes, but what a huge difference!!! When I was 155, I was in a size 8. I'm 5'7. No way to tell what I will end up as if I get down to 135 (may be too small for me...dunno yet), since I'm doing a lot of strength training and my body is very different than it was before I started.

L

scottjan Fri, Jul-18-03 18:40

Hi Tasche,

QUOTE]tash ( who is is typing standing UP)[/QUOTE]

So glad you are standing, not bending and not sitting. Ha! Ha!
Can read your type so much better since you are standing.

saltnpeppa Fri, Jul-18-03 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla_72
I weigh 200 and I am in a 16. I can wear a 14 but it is to tight so I don't. I was woundering though, I have lost 15 ppounds but only 8 inches. Do some people just lose more weight then inches? Do any of you have any sugestion so i can get into a 14 soon?

Kyla :)

I must be defective! :lol: :)
I'm 209 and just got some new 20W Levi's
It's a nice fit. Not loose, but I can type sitting down!! :D

michelle95 Sat, Jul-19-03 22:23

I'm in a 14 and 5'9". I'm hoping to get into a 12 soon and then see where I want to go from there. I don't know if I will ever be in a 10..after having double digit babies, I'm not sure my hips have gone back. :)

Atkins05 Sat, Jul-19-03 22:41

I'm 133lb. (5"7) size 4