Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   looking for good low carb chocolate and a good morning shake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=96952)

orzabelle Wed, Apr-16-03 10:26

Thanks! I'll have to go shopping! One bad thing about living in NYC is no super stores near enough for me to go to...(or is that a good thing?)

kb1994 Thu, Apr-17-03 11:55

got a question for yall i am back on atkins again and started induction on monday 14th, can i have the atkins shakes and the low carb candy du;ring induction? i know there are some atkins products at my super wal-mart center like chips and candy, shakes. so if anyone can tell me i would really appreciate it. thanks,
brandy :wave:

kb1994 Thu, Apr-17-03 12:02

got a question for yall i am back on atkins again and started induction on monday 14th, can i have the atkins shakes and the low carb candy du;ring induction? i know there are some atkins products at my super wal-mart center like chips and candy, shakes. so if anyone can tell me i would really appreciate it. thanks,
brandy :wave:

Iowagirl Thu, Apr-17-03 13:17

It is generally recommended that you stay away from the 'frankenfoods' for induction. Can you hang on for two weeks? :D

Kathy54 Fri, Apr-18-03 00:00

Oh yes the pure delight are the greatest, but I'm almost ashamed to say one bar last me 1 week. And that's a good thing cause where I live they are 2.25 each.
But boy you really cannot beat the quality.

Kathy

Flutterby Fri, Apr-18-03 01:34

I have recently started the induction thing and I have been scouting around for some low carb snacks (luckily there is a "Low Carb Mall" store right down the way from me!). The best candy bar I have had so far is "Doctor's CarbRite Diet SugarFree Bar", milk chocolate. It's pretty good size bar so I split it up into 3 sections for 3 days of snacking! It does contain maltitol, so you probably don't want to eat the whole thing in one sitting (if you know what I mean!).

Where can you get the sugar free Hershey bars? I haven't seen them! :D

shama Fri, Apr-18-03 02:00

:D

Hi,

Yah know after reading all the posts here, I have concluded that the major chocolate companies are realizing that there is a vast majority of people Lcing. I believe Dr. Atkins brought about this change.

This is the BEST time to be lcing!!

Cheers to Dr. Atkins, :cheer: thank you for all that you have done.

Shannon :rose:

jules420 Fri, Apr-18-03 02:04

lc chocolate

darrell lea have a no carb no sugar choco;ate bar it is just yummy

pegva Fri, Apr-18-03 12:05

chocolate

Quote:
Originally posted by shama
:D

...I have concluded that the major chocolate companies are realizing that there is a vast majority of people Lcing.

Well, it's about time!!!! :D

KathyD Fri, Apr-18-03 15:15

Oh Boy!

I KNEW I should never have read this Thread! LOL! :D

poorgirl Fri, Apr-18-03 17:01

Breakfast shake

Strohrl - I have just discovered Chocolate Whey Protein by EAS. It is only 4 grams carb but has 20 grams protein. They say not to use is as a meal replacement but if your in a hurry this would hold you for awhile. I put ice cubes into the blender and make them just a bit bigger than snow. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping creme and 1 scoup of the whey powder. Blend completely. Its like a chocolate ice creme malt. I found it at Wal-mart $8.00 for 12 servings. + dash of Davinci SF choc syrup. :-)

maddieb1 Mon, Apr-21-03 14:12

I recently bought Russell Stovers sugar free peanut butter cups. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!1

strohrl Tue, Apr-22-03 06:51

hello

:wave: hi everyone! Just wanted everyone to know about eas drinks they come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. the strawberry tase like strawberry quick I buy the ready made ones they are good for breakfast on the go. I havent tried the vanilla yet. they are reasonable 4 drinks for 5 bucks, i used to drink alot of milk and these fit the bill! i feel a little bummed its been 2 weeks and ive lost 6 lbs, but i was a dummy :bash: :sunny: see you later!