Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Summer's Coming (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91573)

Angel66668 Thu, May-15-03 15:21

All the shorts I couldn't fit into last summer fit me just fine now :D
That is the best feeling in the world-

DebPenny Thu, May-15-03 15:37

Hiking and swing dancing

I'm already realizing my goal of hiking and dancing. I've joined a group that does both and have been getting out there for the last couple months. After 20-plus years of inactivity, it's so wonderful just to move!

;-Deb

atlee Thu, May-15-03 16:24

Hey, Deb, you're back! Haven't seen you around in a while...

Isa Thu, May-15-03 16:33

angel...congratulations! It's a good thing you hung onto those shorts, eh?

deb...fantastic! You've got the right idea. Just get out there and enjoy life!

Cheers,

Isa

DebPenny Thu, May-15-03 17:40

Thanks, Atlee

I got busy and off the boards for a while. I'm back, but on a limited basis. I'm still very busy, especially now with all my hiking and dancing ;).

;-Deb

aznlily68 Thu, May-15-03 19:44

CONGRATZ!!
ive actually started to stop hiding.....it feels so great

EvenLower Fri, May-16-03 15:40

I went swimming for the first time in 2 years a couple days ago and had to go buy some new swimming shorts...I didn't have time to try it on so I went with what sizeI was a week and a half ago which is 4 inches down from when I started. went to put em on and realized I lost a couple more inches. which is definatley good, but I'm wondering how many swimsuits I'm gonna be buying this summer

DoubleD Sat, May-17-03 07:04

I have always worn shorts and t-shirts - but definitely self concious about the flabby legs etc. when I was heavier. Summer has already started to make it's appearance here... and I dug into my shorts drawer... and realized MOST were two sizes to big AND the 12's that I have in there (while able to be worn) are TOO BIG to really look nice. :) Guess I am going shopping for some shorts soon for the summer. The thing I am really looking forward too... is I absolutely AVOIDED tank tops because I had such large and flabby upper arms. Now I am much more slim and because I do resistance training... toned. I actually bought a new tank top to wear this summer ON PURPOSE! I put it on last weekend to work in the garden... and it looked great! WOO HOO!

The other thing I am looking forward to (which I have never said this in my entire life I think) is buying a new swimsuit... something without a "concealing skirt". We buy a family pass to our local aquatic center each year... and this year I intend to use it without slinking around hoping no one from work sees me there.

Yup... this is shaping up to be a good summer. :)

2bthinner! Sat, May-17-03 11:06

Personal Water Craft

We just got one of these, so I'll be out on it. At least in shorts, I'll finally have tan legs again. My saddle pinches my leg if I wear shorts. I don't really worry about shorts as long as I have a lloooonngg t-shirt :D . My main area is my stomach, and since I'm large busted, a shirt just "skims" over that. :D
But, if I'm correct and bread is a trigger for me, as long as I stay away from it I should be able to stay on the diet and lose weight. Some of it is bound to come off my stomach. :D
DH seems more pleased now. I haven't heard anything about it being "unhealthy". Of course, that could be because I keep drawing his attention to what I'm actually eating. And he sees I'm not eating "just meat".

Roberta Sat, May-17-03 13:23

I didn't even wear shorts when I was young, thinner, and sorta cute!And I haven't owned a swimsuit since I was 6.

My goal for summer is to end it as a size 16, a regular size and not a plus size person.