Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Stick a fork in me I am DONE!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91392)

quietone Mon, Mar-10-03 08:47

Replacement for Paxil...

try effexor.

Just remember this about anti-depressants/anti-anxiety drugs.

If you eat when you are anxious (as I do) they will help you and you will probably lose weight. If you lose your appetite when you are anxious, you will probably put on weight because they will calm you.

Also, if you are prone to depression/anxiety, it is worse this time of year.

UAGirl Mon, Mar-10-03 09:03

Hiya Ladybug! :wave:

I just had to add in that being "faithfull" and "following Atkins to a T" is not EVERYTHING.

Cheese is allowed!! 3-4 ounces a day!! AND GUESS WHAT?? It makes me stall.

I also wondered why for months (not weeks) MONTHS, why am I not losing at all? Not one lousy pound. Well come to find out I was not getting enough fat. Imagine that?

I started cooking in butter instead of PAM and woolah...

I say give it one more full fledged try, post your menus in your journal let people give you a little advice about find tuning your induction plan...

Put it this way...if the choice is Induction for another 2 weeks or Ice Cream...can giving the Induction another try really hurt?

slack32 Mon, Mar-10-03 09:30

Please don't give up on yourself- that is just feeding the depression monster. Believe me, it will just give yourself another reason to be depressed- you DON'T need that in your life. This is about healing, not beating yourself up. Don't allow your depressed self to take advantage of your healing self. You can do it, but it may not be easy. Perhaps when you get that part figured out then the weight will start to come off.

lattegrl Mon, Mar-10-03 09:47

ladybug, i feel for you , just side note here though please dont blame it all on your paxill, i am on zoloft and HRT, never went off of them , not even for a day, and yes i must be blessed with no metabolic resistance but even if you have high MR (obviously :doah: ) I feel that there are many other solutions i would go after befor stopping the antidepressant :exclm: I know how vital mine is to my day to day sanity and could not imagine going through the total frustration and well can i say it- pissed offness, that you are feeling compounded w/ going off the antidepressant. Best of luck and success to you in what ever diet you choose :bhug:

Teuthis Mon, Mar-10-03 09:54

How Much?

Ladybug, may I ask if you have at all considered how much you are eating? It is true that there can be some caloric advantage to Atkins, but it is only realistic in the early stages, and then only for some people. If you are overeating, even on this plan, you are not going to lose weight. It can be easy to eat far too much if one is accustomed to the high carb diet plans; or no plans.

If you really want to lose weight, review your food volume and determine if you should simply eat less. I can guarantee you that the Atkins plan is going to be more satisfying for you than some starvation diet. But you must get your food volume down to make it happen.

I suggest you give it a try again, but this time carefully monitor your caloric intake as well. Just to see if you are overeating the plan. You might use that "Fitday" thing that some people are so excited about. It could help you.

Please don't give up trying to lose. It is critical for your long term health!!!

Good Luck!

MarimbaMom Mon, Mar-10-03 10:03

Someone suggested Effexor as a replacement for Paxil. Although I am not taking any medications, I do have family members who have struggled with depression and anxiety, so I know a little about the effects of these medicines. I've heard terrible things about Effexor, so you should probably carefully research any and all drug options your physician prescribes.

http://www.prozactruth.com/effexor.htm

janetkind Mon, Mar-10-03 12:57

:wave:
Dont give up.
Some times your mind saids eat and then u look in mirror and hips say NO. Keep doing Atkins at least for 6months.

I started feb1 and lost 10lbs. then on feb 23 had a Stall. and today starting my 6 week on atkins i Lost 2lbs. It does make you want to keep doing and going for goals. Just maybe this month will keep me moving down.
Iam trying this week what another person is trying to help move down and that is Stop dietrite and drink more water.
i should maybe up fat. i put bacon drinks on salad and now cook my eggs with teaspoon. so maybe good. just wanted to say hello to all and Dingo hello to u.

LadyBug555 Mon, Mar-10-03 17:24

Thanks all...
I could write an anti-depressant book. Started on Paxil 1996-1997
Took Prozac 1997-2000
Cause headaches and tremors
Started Effexor
cause head roaring and menstrual absence
Went back to Paxil one year ago....
and here I am.
I haven't done anything yet, I need to measure again but today has been to hectic and I have been on a crying jag.
I will check in later........may have to add HRT to this list.....oh great