Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Buddy, anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=80442)

freydis Mon, Feb-17-03 13:59

I know what you mean about the wedding rings! Before I started Atkins, mine didn't fit at all - not even on a pinky finger. Slowly, as I've lost, I've been able to move them to larger and larger fingers till now they're on the biggest one. I'm about ready to lose them altogether. So, for Valentine's Day, my dear husband bought me a ring for my wedding finger - not an expensive one because I plan on losing that one, too - but a pretty one to hold me over. :)

I'm down from being too large for a size 12 ring to being just right for a size 9 on my ring finger. When I first married, my ring was a size 7, so I'm hoping to make it at least that far.

My husband, also, had grown out of his ring. However, his knuckles prevent him from decreasing too much further. The ring may slip around a lot, but it won't fall off.

I gave him a practical and boring gift for Valentine's Day - 2 pairs of pants and a shirt in his new smaller sizes. He seemed happy with them, but I really need to work on being more romantic.

freydis Sat, Feb-22-03 05:30

Hey, buddy! :)

Have you tried Blue Bunny's new Sweet Freedom ice cream treats? I got some this week and love them!

Also, the toffee flavor of DaVinci syrups is SOOOOO GOOD! :)

cdawg Fri, Feb-28-03 20:18

Hey there lil' buddy,

Been gone for a while but back now. I have not tried the Blue Bell ice cream. We do not have it out here. I am fimilar with it though. Don't know about the treats you speak of.

My treat days are a long way off. You know we had talked about not buying any more clothes the same size, well, I was down to one pair of blue jeans to wear to work. I had a new pair a size smaller but they were a tad bit tight so I had not started wearing them yet. The other night that one pair got washed with something that turned everything pink. I mean P I N K pink, so the next morning I had to get into the smaller blue jeans. They fit, still a bit snug but getting better. Anyway I wasn't about to wear pink jeans to work. No way! Now I have to keep on the straight and narrow until these get a little looser.

Hope you are still enjoying being under the big 3 number. I am down to 320 now and feeling good about that.

Well, better go and eat. Talk to you later

Charlie

freydis Thu, Mar-13-03 19:19

Oh, hey, I think laundry accidents are definitely a good reason to buy more clothes! I just had one, myself. I neglected to check ONE coat pocket and ended up with green and orange crayons in the dryer. Several items were ruined.

Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Ice Cream Bars are ECC 6 carbs. We've been keeping them on hand as a friendly alternative to cheesecake. I've also discovered that flaxseed meal will thicken broths and gravies if you don't mind a somewhat slimey consistency to it. It takes longer to cook, too.

Hope you're doing well! Aside from a couple of chest colds, we're all doing fine.

:wave: