Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Year Newbie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77646)

USA Sarah Sat, Jan-04-03 23:58

How are you?

Hi Jay-K

How is life treating you? For me, the headache is better today. How are you doing? Have you weighed again yet? Are you experiencing the lethargy? I felt like crawling back into bed all day!
Well, I'm just checking in. Hope all is well with you.

Sarah

janetk Sun, Jan-05-03 04:57

Update for Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like you are right on track. Sorry, about the headache. I had a mild one that did not last very long. I've had more difficulty with feeling light headed. I'm certain it has something to do with my blood sugars because eating seems to help. I'm still concerned about the high percentage of saturated and other fats in this diet and I'm beginning to miss fruit. Lethargy? I feel like I'm moving more slowly and it's taking me some time after exercise to recover my energy level. Yesterday, I was pushing my mom around the mall in her wheelchair and I was exhausted.... But I had already done 55 minutes on the treadmill and cross country ski trainer.

The good news is I am now 7.5 pounds lighter and I do feel it. Hope your results are a happy as mine. :thup:

USA Sarah Sun, Jan-05-03 22:37

7 1/2 lbs is great. I had a pretty good day today. My hunger sure has decreased. Still pretty tired though.

I was looking at your stats and it says you started at 155, did you do a different diet before you started this?

I haven't weighed yet. I'm planning on waiting till Wednesday morning. That will be a full week. I started that fitday.com that everyone on this has been suggesting. I couldn't believe the amount of calories and fat I'm eating. It sure is hard to not worry about that after believing most of my life that this is such an unhealthy way to eat.

Hope you've had a great day. Keep up the good work :thup:
Sarah

janetk Mon, Jan-06-03 19:10

Hi Sarah

I know what you're talking about. I'm a little grossed out by the fat content, not to mention how many of those grams are from saturated fats. I know that Dr. Atkins has his theories that these are actually good for us, but it will take me more than two weeks to believe that. In the meantime the program continues to work. This morning I was down to 131, which is 8.5 pounds in ten days. Regarding your question about another diet the answer is yes. I began last July. I cut back on calories and fats and did up to two hours of exercise a day (power walking around 5 miles plus swimming, treadmill, cross-country trainer, and a bit of weights). I lost about six pounds a months for the first couple of months, and then less in October and November for a total of about 20 pounds. I took a "break" late in November and did not step on the scale until after Christmas. I was back up to 140, a ten pound gain. So I joined up with Curves and started Atkins.

Hang in there!

USA Sarah Mon, Jan-06-03 22:06

Jay-K :thup:
Wow you really are doing great! How do you find time to exercise so much? Do you work, have kids? What keeps you motivated?

Keep it up!
Sarah

slimmin Tue, Jan-07-03 08:51

just a few thoughts

Janetk and USA Sarah

Reading through your posts on this thread, I'm thinking that you may want to start journals. You can subscribe to each other's, as well as the journals of other people who's progress you might want to track.

Here's a link to a tread that tells you how to start a journal

How to start a journal

To subscribe to a journal, or any other thread, simply click "subscribe to this thread" at the bottom under the last post. Then, when you look at your User Profile (click Profile at the top right of any page in this forum), you will automatically see a list of your subscribed threads, and when the last post was added.

One other thought for Janetk ... I also exercise quite often and I found that on Atkins my stamina went down and my workouts were much more tiring. Over time, it improved.

nwh Fri, Jan-10-03 20:10

count me in

I feel like i'm on the same page as you! I lost about 30 lbs after having baby#2 1 1/2 years ago doing LA weightLoss (low carb, low fat, low delicious and high cost!) and kept it off for a while, but then got hungry....and started eating again. I would love to stay in touch as we take these pounds off together. I'm 35, weigh about 140 and want to get back to 125...I started atkins a week ago and didn't weigh myself then or yet, but i feel like it's working and my ketosotix are dark pink... if i could figure out HOW to add you to my buddy list, I would! I'm slightly cluless about bulletin boards! GOod luck! Stay in touch!
nancy