Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   USA Today: A 3 years success story, on Atkins (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=74760)

orchidday Sat, Jan-11-03 15:05

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Wow that is amazing! I bet they wouldn't even believe your old driver's license was you! You could end up in jail. A wonderfully motivating picture - thanks for sharing! Cindi

theresa113 Sat, Jan-11-03 15:12

What a funny article. People dropping out of Atkins? Well, I have dropped out of Weight Watchers 5 times, the Diet Center twice, Medical Suppervised plans 4 times and who knows how many other low fat high carb diets I have dropped out of. I have been on Atking for 7 months, longer than any program I have ever been on. I feel great!

:wave:

lee Sat, Jan-11-03 17:27

Jimsgems

Jim,

I hope you don't mind being told AGAIN that you look great! I see you've always been a good looking man, though.

Good Job! You inspire me!

Lee

Jimsgems Sun, Jan-12-03 01:36

I love you all too.

Well, I really do love you all, we are all in this together and one persons success is everyones success. I do feel great, that's the best part.

I was able to take my grandchildren to the Natural History Museum last week with my wife and I was able to keep up all day long, it was so much fun and just being able to be there is a huge win!

You are all kind and Lee... I'm blushing. Thank you.

Flintstone Sun, Jan-12-03 09:59

Jim..you are my inspiration !!!! My husband is quickly achieveing your "OLD" being....recently insulin-dependent, heart probs, high BP, back, hip, leg pain, 13 meds a day! We went on Atkins a year ago and both did great (lost about 40 lbs each in 6 months). But then we went off due to the stress of daughters wedding and remodeling the house. Really...I went off...since there was no time to cook properly, shop properly, plan meals, etc. He pretty much eats what I fix. So I guess I have to take the blame.

Yes, and LIKE ANY OTHER DIET...when you go off, you gain it back!

But, Jim...you look greatand I am SOOOO proud of you. You give me hope that oneday soon...I'll have my "old" husband back!

Jimsgems Sun, Jan-12-03 11:52

Remember...

I'm reminded of a sages words when he said... "You either have what you want in life, or you have the reasons why." It is really just that simple. Love, Jim

Kristine Sun, Jan-12-03 12:46

These articles drive me nuts. They're so desperate. "Yes, Atkins folks lose weight, improve their lipid profiles, cure their food obsessions, eat more vegetables than most vegetarians, and feel better than they have in years; <b>but (insert excuse here.)</b>" :rolleyes:

Jim, I love seeing those pictures. :) WTG!

PoofieD Sun, Jan-12-03 12:56

Its very true Kristine !

You just keep waiting for the "but" line.
They just can't leave it at that.
I still love the "if you go off it you gain weight one" better than anyone.
That is TRUE of any eating plan you use to lose weight.
IF you go off it and run right to all of the fake stuff at the supermarket..your going to lose weight.
If you go off WW.. you gain weight.
If you go off Ornish you gain weight.
And having been one that gained the weight back from the high carb low fat and know it only took me FOUR MONTHS to gain it ALL back. I don't see where "speed" is a different issue.
Nedra

nikkil Mon, Jan-13-03 06:20

something I'd like to add--if any of you were like me, before starting Atkins, you were eating a pretty bad diet. Too much junk food, too much sugar, too many additives, preservatives, words you can't pronounce. How the heck could Atkins be worse for you than that?? (NOT that it is...) When you changed to Atkins, you started reading labels, eating tons of veggies and making meals at home rather than prepackaged meals and snacks. Where are these people coming from :confused:

Jimsgems Mon, Jan-13-03 22:40

I ate like a pig, still do! LOL

I love this way of eating... tonight at dinner, I went to "In-and-Out" I ordered two double-doubles, with raw union, meat (16 oz raw weight) and four slices of cheese. They were ordered "protein style", no bun, wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Poor me, I'm suffering so! Gee, do you think this plan will work? :D