Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone from the prairies ?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=71939)

heather06 Sun, Dec-08-02 16:24

Saskatchewan at heart

Hey everyone,

I am living in Calgary but I grew up in Yorkton, so I still consider Saskatchewn my home even tho I haven't lived there in years.
Good luck to all of you!

Heather

Cinderella Wed, Dec-11-02 09:33

Hi Heather...
My dad use to own a Bakery in Yorkton... what a small world.

cin

Wolfiesask Sat, Jan-11-03 23:47

WOohooo...more Saskies!!

HI! Nice to see that more and more of us from Scratchiwan are coming in here....now we can complain about the cold snap!! LOL

I live in a small town about an hour from Saskatoon...towards Calgary.........hmmmmmm...wonder where that could be! LOL A lady's got to have some privacy right? Considering the net is crawling with creepies!

Anyways, nice to see I'm not alone. cogin is from SK too....can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Take care and see you around!

Nicole :wave:

ps Joe Beans (beanz?) on 8th street sells the SF DaVinci syrups!! In case you didn't know that!

RagedyAnna Mon, Jan-13-03 16:10

Hi there - I'm from Rural Saskatchewan, currently following CAD. Good to see some more of you out there! :thup:

Cinderella Tue, Jan-14-03 09:37

Can it possibly get any COLDER on the prairies!!! :eek:

yikes...cin

heather06 Tue, Jan-14-03 14:00

I remember when I was a kid in good old Yoirkton, having to go to school when the wind chill was at -50 C. And they never cancelled school do to wheather EVER that I can remember. I feel for you all...it's cold here in Calgary, too. And I am going to Saskatoon this weekend. Blah.

Red Tue, Jan-14-03 14:06

Hey Heather and Cin,
Saskatoon is a great place to visit, but I wouln't want to live.....oh hang on, I do live here! And man is it COLD.
I'm going to Vegas for a conference in a couple of weeks, :D and someone asked if it would be warm enough to sit by the pool....at this point, stepping out the door without long undies would be great to me. BRRRRRRRRR.

Wolfiesask Wed, Jan-15-03 10:58

It's warming up!

Woohoo...it was only -14 here this morning! I even walked to work! Only on the Prairies would you find someone who thinks -14 is warm, hey? LMAO :D

Red - lucky you...going to Vegas...only reason I'd like to go there is to see the set of CSI, my favourite TV show! Well, that and Sigfried and Roy...not much for gambling. It would be hard on ones system I would think...to go somewhere warm and come back to this! :p

I lived in Victoria for a year to attend University and what a shock it was to fly to Stoon for Christmas from plus 10 to a cold snap of -45!!! My folks met me at the airport with my parka....which didn't help as we had to walk from the plane to the terminal...ARGH!
:mad:

heather06 Wed, Jan-15-03 14:04

Woke up today and it is 0 here in Calgary...supposed to stay like this till Monday when it will go back to -26. Bleh. Wish I lived in Peru.

Wolfiesask Tue, Apr-29-03 14:24

just bringing us back to the top...where we belong!

Fell off the wagon and the face of the earth for a while....but I'm back now and better than ever! Just wanted to bring this post to the top and see if we can't find a few more Saskies out there in Low Carb Land!

Cinderella Wed, Apr-30-03 08:56

Just wondering if you all enjoyed our BLIZZZZZARD!!!

cin

Wolfiesask Thu, May-01-03 10:09

hehehe

WE didn't get a THING! Not a snowflake, not a rain drop, NOTHING...zip, zero, zilch, nada. :D

We usually get Edmonton weather here, whereas Kindersley gets the Calgery stuff.

Sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard....glad it's melted now I bet!

Wolfiesask Wed, May-28-03 12:06

Just bringing it back to the top....

where we belong! LOL As per Cin's request, here's the thread!

Cinderella Thu, May-29-03 07:56

Thanks Nicole!! I've been looking for our thread.

Happy summer everyone.

cin

Arnie_g Fri, May-30-03 09:47

Hi Gang,

I'm originally from Saskatoon. I grew up there, but have been in Vancouver since 1986. I go back to visit family once or twice a year. I have a trip planned for June.

Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants where we can stay low carb while in S'toon. ( I usually look for steak houses when travelling, but that can get a little expensive.)

Thanks,
Arnie