Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] Starting BFL Challenge 1, anyone else? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=68742)

RobinTX Wed, Nov-06-02 09:24

C1W1D2

My first UBWO went pretty well Monday, although I couldn't believe how weak I am. I'm going to have to do the sets a little bit quicker b/c I ran out of time before I was done. Cardio last night went alright...did 10 minutes on the elliptical and my legs were killing me so I walked the last 10 minutes. Definitely have a long ways to go...much room for improvement. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great day!
Robin

Natrushka Wed, Nov-06-02 09:43

mnokat, that first workout is a killer. It will get better. DOMS like that will be a problem only when you try out a new set of exercises for the most part. Double up on your glutamine and soak in a hot tub :)

Nat

deze Wed, Nov-06-02 10:18

hmmm, I thought my LB this am wasnt hard enough, it was my first one, HOPING for stiffness tommorow!!!! LOL

I am finding that I eat less calories with 6 meals than I did with 3 or 4, weird!!!
d

mnokat Wed, Nov-06-02 10:46

D, you don't have to hope for it... it'll come!
I was the same way monday after my LB workout. Believe me, come Tuesday, I knew what I had done!!!!! LOL

Nat, thanks for the advice. Going to buy some more glutamine tonight on the way to the gym. Any suggestions for how to mix Designer Whey - Vanilla... I can't seem to get it to be something that I would want to drink. I think I've been using milk though, will have to try water.

TOM has announced it's presence. So now I'm crampy on top of having hurting calves! LOL Today just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!!

Have a good one everyone!

:wave:

Kate

Natrushka Wed, Nov-06-02 12:24

Quote:
Originally posted by mnokat
Any suggestions for how to mix Designer Whey - Vanilla... I can't seem to get it to be something that I would want to drink. I think I've been using milk though, will have to try water.
Try adding in some cold coffee - be it decaf or not. Makes for a very cappucino flavour. Frozen raspberries are also yummy!

Nat

Yesican Thu, Nov-07-02 10:55

That idea for adding coffee to the shakes sounds great! I will try that next time.

My trial-run for my lower body workout went ok.
I need to learn how to use my equipment properly & my husband got a good laugh out of my re-vamped way to do ankle exercises.

On the plus side...My abs are sore!
:thup:

Way to go everyone!
:)

mnokat Thu, Nov-07-02 11:22

C1W1D6

Well, due to the vehemece of my TOM arrival yesterday, I didn't get to the gym... actually even left work early. SO, today I plan on doing the UBWO that i missed yesterday, and tomorrow will do the cardio I had planned for today, rather than taking it as a free day like I had had planned.

My legs are finally starting to feel better, definitely going to go a little easier on the calf raises on Saturday LOL! Funny, they are the only parts of my legs that were bothering me.

Going to spend the weekend planning my food better for the upcoming weeks. Didn't do to well with either the 6 meals a day, or staying LC this week. Must do better next week.

Still loving BFL though! I can't believe I'm already almost done with week 1!!!!!!! I can't wait to re-measure at week 4!

I still need to update my gym log... sigh. lots to do lots to do.

How are you all doing today?????!!!!!

Yesican Sun, Nov-10-02 11:30

How are all the BFL'ers doing?

We (husband & I) started BFL officially today!
We started with the UBW & wow! I was feeling it & know I will feel it tonight. I have my Glutamine & will take it 3 times a day.

deze Sun, Nov-10-02 13:24

Hi Yessican!
thats great your husband is also joining you! That will be great!
Have you taken some crazy and fun 'before' pics?

I took my day off yesterday and just came back from a long run today for my cardio, it was great. It feels so much better to have a more structured exercise plan.

cant wait to hear how you are feeling tommorow!!

cheerio,
d

Yesican Mon, Nov-11-02 14:42

Day #2 on BFL.

Wow. I feel sore but my husband feels worse. I am using Glutamine, he is not. I have a strong suspicion that he will change his mind & start using the glutamine soon.

The 20 minute aerobic workout went well & I was feeling it!

It's only Day #2 & I feel terrific.

How is everyone else doing?

mnokat Mon, Nov-11-02 16:04

C1W2D3

Yeay!!!!!
Into my 2nd week and still going strong.

Luckily the DOMS pain has finally diminished. I can now go into my resistance workouts without fear of crying from the pain the next day. Trying to increase my weights a little bit every time to get to those 10s... Don't think I've hit very many yet... have come close, maybe 9.5's... Switched to the elliptical machine yesterday as my shins have been bothering me. Wow! What a workout! Sweat was pouring off of me at the end! Woo hoo! Fit body here I come! LOL

Hey, you guys should get a gym log going.. it's a really good way to see your progression as the weeks go on. I love taking a peek into Nat's every once in a while for motivation! It's incredible how much she has progressed!!!!

Hope you all have a great night... off to my UBWO now!

:wave:
Kate

Yesican Tue, Nov-12-02 10:21

Great job mnokat!

I'm on day #3.
Our elliptical machine arrived yesterday. I am anxious to try it out.

I took your advice & started a gym log.
Woo Hoo!
These endorphins are fabulous.

Have a great day everyone!