Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MacDonald's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=53269)

Soon2BSlim Fri, Aug-02-02 14:34

Dawn...I do the same thing!

My mom is on the diet - and she's always afraid to tell fast food places that she doesn't want the bun.

I figure - it saves them money, saves me time, frustration and little added stuck on carbs.

Sometimes if I'm on my way to school - I'll stop off at Burger King - get the triple cheeseburger (it's only like $1.45 ) - tell them I only want the meat and cheese , and order two sides of bacon . They put the meat in a little box, put the bacon in a little pouch, give me a knife and fork and I'm on my way! :D (And the whole thing is only like $2.25 total)

DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR YOUR FOOD THE WAY YOU WANT IT PEOPLE! :D It only takes them a second, and it's better for everyone in the long run.

SooCee Fri, Aug-02-02 19:40

Yes, that is a great idea. The only problem is in Japan, they are not used to changing anything on the menu. Even if you ask them to put the dressing on the side (for example) they look at you funny, and sometimes don't know what you are talking about. if you explain to them very carefully they will get it, but it really isn't worth the time. I know it is different in the States, and the next time I go, I'm going to do just that--ask without the bun, etc.

SooCee :wave:

vbrowne Tue, Aug-06-02 11:29

I just got back from McD's - had a double bacon cheese burger - no bun, no ketchup. I looked on their website and can only find nutrient value including buns, not just the patties alone. Can anyone tell me how much meat is in each patty then I can figure it out through fitday.com. I just guestimated and I came up with 498 calories and 49 grams of protein, seems really high to me (that is for two patties). Thanks

Kayceecan Tue, Aug-06-02 12:59

vbrowne,
go back to www.mdonalds.com and click on the "nutrient card" and download that to your adobe reader. It breaks everything down individually..... :wave:

Kayceecan Tue, Aug-06-02 13:01

sorry, left the "c" out of www.mcdonalds.com..... :D

Sandylee Wed, Aug-07-02 01:28

I find it easier to order a hamburger, no ketchup, no mustard. I don't end up repeating, "NO BUN, NO BUN". They usually understand it the first time. There are lots of geese by the McDonalds I go to near Chicago's O'Hare airport. They LOVE the bread.

At Wendy's, the 99 cents menu is great. The Ceasar side salad is good. Only has romaine lettuce, grated parmesan, and bacon bits. I toss the dressing and the croutons. They also have a 99 cents 1/4 pound double, which I order - no ketchup, no mayo, no cheese.

(I'm a fast food junkie)

Pickles Thu, Aug-08-02 11:09

LOL.....

I can't imagine the look people give you when you ask for no bun. hehe.

Ya'll just made me hungry!