Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Food Pics - An Ongoing Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=485181)

Gypsybyrd Wed, May-17-23 18:18

Pre-brisket and brisket - from my drive out to Tucson, Arizona from Florida back in January. This photo was taken in Texas.

Demi Thu, May-18-23 23:41

Wednesday night's dinner, pan fried fillet of salmon with samphire and Hollandaise sauce. It was all delicious, but the best bit was the crispy skin :yum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
That looks great, Demi. I haven't done Thai food in quite a while. I have to confess to cheating and using Thai curry paste, but I'll have to add that and some coconut milk to my shopping list. :thup:
Thanks Kristine, and nothing wrong with using curry paste!

doreen T Fri, May-19-23 08:05

So I had some leftover steamed broccoli from the night before .. normally I'd throw in a pan with eggs and cheese to make a frittata but this day I fancied a cold salad plate for lunch. The dressing/dip is 50:50 mix mayo & greek yogurt with lemon-pepper seasoning.

Eggs cooked in the Instant Pot are easy to peel, and no gray ring around the yolk. Keep in the fridge - shell on - up to a week :idea:.

(after I'd snapped the pic, I also tossed on a few kalamata olives)

Kristine Sun, May-21-23 02:08

GB - that looks awesome and easy! I've never had real potstickers before but they sound great.

Demi - I had to google samphire. I guess there's not much of an export market for it because I don't think I've ever seen it over here. Nice salmon!

Doreen - I love cold leftover broccoli/cauliflower salads. I like stretching my salad dressing with cottage cheese, too, it's just a little more work to get it not-lumpy.

I made a fantastic chicken salad the other day. The dressing was mayo, mushed-up cottage cheese, 1/2 pk of Splenda, a dot of mustard, a splash of pickle juice, and some celery salt because I've pretty much stopped buying celery. It ends up going to waste. I mixed in some green onion and red bell pepper. I've been a huge fan of red bell pepper in these salads (egg and cauliflower, too) for years, when we used to make our chicken salad with jarred pimentos at work.

(Pictured with a sausage/green pepper mini-omelet)

A favourite dish of mine now: black pepper steak, like I can get at Chinese restaurants, but this is gluten-free. It's amazing in the Instant Pot.

Kristine Tue, May-23-23 02:59

I had leftover sauce from the black pepper steak, so I reduced it and made egg foo young. It was fantastic. 😘🤌🏼

Demi Fri, May-26-23 09:34

Loving everyone's food pics! :thup: :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Demi - I had to google samphire. I guess there's not much of an export market for it because I don't think I've ever seen it over here. Nice salmon!
I don't think it grows enough to supply an export market. Samphire has always been a bit of a delicacy here in the UK, but is gaining in popularity so it's becoming more widely available. I love asparagus and samphire is a 'sea asparagus' with the same texture but a salty taste. Delicious! :yum:

Demi Sat, May-27-23 05:01

Yesterday's lunch, a Parmesan and herb omelette. Quick and easy!

Kristine Mon, May-29-23 03:37

Nice omelette! My ceramic pan is getting too sticky to make nice omelettes anymore.

It's this time of year now:

...so I'll be eating a lot of this:

Salad with chicken, orange & yellow bell peppers, bacon, HB egg, lite ranch.

Kristine Tue, Jun-06-23 01:25

I bought some really good pre-seasoned Filipino pork kebabs yesterday. I had them with some lettuce, tomato and greek yogurt + creamy cucumber dressing on the side. Very tasty.

Gypsybyrd Thu, Jun-08-23 15:56

That looks yummy Kristine!

Demi Sun, Jun-11-23 23:45

One of my favourite things is a roast chicken, and I cook one at least once a week. Any leftover chicken I have cold with a Caesar salad the following day.

I melt some butter, brush it all over the chicken, add a little bit more to the top and then sprinkle with fines herbes. I don't put any salt on the chicken because the butter I use already contains sea salt crystals. I also put the chicken on a rack int he roasting pan. That way I catch all the lovely juices below, which I use as a gravy.

Demi Fri, Jun-23-23 10:30

Yesterday's lunch:

Chicken with rocket (arugula), baby tomatoes, avocado, Parmesan and Caesar dressing.

Kristine Wed, Jun-28-23 02:23

Nice, Demi. :thup: That's about how I do my roast chicken, too. If I'm not too lazy, I'll rub the melted herb-butter underneath the skin as much as I can, plus some in the cavity with chopped onion.

Last night, the house was pretty hot, so I turned some leftover cooked zoodles + spiralized (raw) cucumber + leftover chicken breast into an Asian salad. The dressing was tamari (soy sauce) + a tad of sesame oil + ginger/garlic paste + Splenda. I just realized honey would have been nice there. Some carrot and/or bell pepper would have been nice, also, but I didn't have any. Still really good. Ate it with my nice chopsticks to feel fancy. :yum:

doreen T Thu, Jun-29-23 11:27

Kristine's post above planted a craving for asian flavours :cool:. So I made a stir fry with chicken livers (cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces), onion and mixed bell pepper/capsicum chunks. Gluten-free tamari soy sauce, sambal oelek, toasted sesame oil, pinch of 5-spice, and a splash of balsamic vinegar for sweet-sour tang. On the side, a large head of baby bok choy cut in half and sautéed face-down in the same pan.

It was good :thup:. A nice change from the usual liver with bacon and onions.

Demi Sat, Jul-15-23 00:49

Yesterday's lunch:

Tuna with lemon mayo on slices of beefsteak tomato spread with smashed avocado