Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is your favorite work-out video? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47271)

Tanyaskees Wed, Jul-31-02 12:09

I just started 'walk away the pounds for abs' by Lesslie Sansone and so far I like it a lot, but I do want some others cause I know I will get bored with the same tape over and over again. I do jazzercise 4 times a week, but Iwanted something in the morning before work to ge the maximum benefit. And there is no way I will get up early enough to get to the gym in the morning :).

lisavasil Thu, Aug-01-02 16:53

POWER YOGA VIDEOS - best ever!

http://www.markblanchardspoweryoga.com/videos.html

get these! toning, strengthening, stretching, heartpumping, it does everything!

this is the guy actors in LA swear by to get in camera ready shape!

I just dug my videos out of storage and was so happy to find them...start slow, by the end of the session you feel like you have had a workout and an all over body massage, like you have been totally wrung out of all stress!

Cheers!

niksauntie Sat, Aug-17-02 09:24

I bought a used version of Richard Simmons Sewatin to the Oldies a couple weeks ago. At first I thought it was silly and I felt ridicolous but the more times I do it the more I realize I'm really getting a workout and it's fun!!!!! It goes by really quickly and I don't even realize I'm sweatin and my legs have turned to jelly until all of a sudden he's doing the cool down. It beats my treadmill anyday and when it's over I def. think I've gotten a better workout.

Jan C Sat, Aug-17-02 23:50

I get bored doing the same routines, so I have about 40 tapes that give me lots of variety. I like Kathy Smith, especially the kickboxing, Karen Voight's strong and smoothmoves, and have just started using some of the Method series for yoga and Pilates. Lately I have only been using tapes in the summer when I can't go to the gym. That way my children can play, while I exercise.

HulaGirl Sun, Aug-18-02 18:45

NYC Ballet Workout

I dig the NYC Ballet Workout.

Great LBWO with abs. You move your body in ways that you don't normally move, which I think is good for both balance and variety. Plus, you learn basic ballet dance exercises to wonderful classical music. Yoga videos are good for contorting into new stretches too! :)

Mainly I dig it because there aren't any perky blondes telling me to "Push it" or saying "Isn't this fun??" every two minutes.

I also like Kathy Smith's Latin Sizzle. But she is perky blonde, and says "Push it!" alot. But they have a live Latin jazz band, and you get to do the meringue.

Cha cha cha!

Meg_S Tue, Aug-20-02 16:11

for fun I like belly dance videos, and for fitness I like T-tapp videos. I just got several and they are incredible. If one is interested in total body health eg: body alignment, balance, core strength these videos are wonderful. I'd recommend them to anyone for fitness, or for correcting poor posture and back/neck/knee pain. Like pilates, with t-tapp the stronger and more flexible you get, the harder and more comprehensive the moves get.

Meg

locarbvev Sun, Aug-25-02 07:37

I do t-tapp tapes :)

and I love them! I posted on the t-tapp thread but these are the best and I have done tapes from practically every category in your poll!! Just my humble opinion...

Iron Bull Thu, Aug-29-02 20:16

Arnold's "Pumping Iron"
Yate's "Blood and Guts"

VikkiJean Sun, Sep-01-02 09:21

If I do the video my favorite :wiggle: would be sweating to the oldies with Richard Simmons it is a fun workout

paul_poco Wed, Sep-11-02 23:13

I like Arnold's Pumping Iron from the 70's.
I think that is the name?

Pobo Mon, Sep-16-02 18:46

What is your favorite work-out video

I love The Firm. I don't like going to gym's and even my friends who do say The Firm gives them the best workout in the least amount of time. There are lots of Firm video's now, which range in length from 70 minutes to 30 minutes, and also vary with intensity. I just heard about a Firm/Yoga series but I lost the link.

Pobo

Cyprinodon Mon, Sep-23-02 16:03

I've been doing videos since 1985. My current collection is over 140 so I've tried a lot of them. My favorites include many of The Firms, Karen Voight Great Weighted Work Out, Karen Voight Energy Sprint, Step Reebok, Step Reebok Intense Moves, the Cher Step tape (don't remember the title), Cathe Friedrich Cardio Kicks, Tai Fit, Tae Bo Get Ripped Advanced Volume 1, Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout, Kathy Smith's Aerobox, and Cathe Friedrich Maximum Intensity Strength. You can see examples of Kathy Friedrich's videos at her website (do a search) and you can review all kinds of videos at www.videofitness.com.

Cyprinodon Mon, Sep-23-02 16:08

Don't Be Tempted To Buy This

Tai Box Kick to Fit by Zak Lee appears on retail shelves everywhere. It has an obnoxious female making rude comments to the instructor through the entire video. Also, it's broken up into segments with long dialogue in between and one segment is you watching the experts do martial arts in the desert.

tigersue Thu, Sep-26-02 21:15

I love the firm tapes too, but they can be hard particularily for cardio work. I prefer to concentrate on the weight work with them and then I do Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds for extra aerobic work. Seems to work well that way together.
Tanya

puma_power Tue, Oct-15-02 15:46

yoga for beginners

I had taken alot of yoga classes before using a book or video, and even then it is challenging. Videos are definitely easier than books for beginners, but I would STRONGLY recommend investing in at least a few classes before trying any yoga on your own. Many people think that one cannot get injured doing yoga, because it has the image of being "gentle" and "relaxing" (which it definitely can be, though it can also be very active and energizing at the same time)--but there is alot of potential for injury if you do the exercises with improper alignment.
If you are doing it on your own, it is best to practice in front of a mirror for awhile, until you get the feel of what the correct alignment is.
John Friend has very good yoga videos, btw.