Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Good Party....Bad Girl... What do I do NOW?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45702)

Belle Tue, May-28-02 09:21

Almost identical story here

I know how you feel. I took my son down to my mother's for the summer and I ate so much. I guess it isn't how much I ate, it is what I ate. I had too many vanilla cokes on the way there, some cookies, when I was there, I had cheeseburgers with the bun, hot dogs with the bun, chips, that is my worst dissapointment in myself. I gained 3 pounds myself. I need to start drinking more water again. I have been doing so good lately, losing steadily. I worked out today and told myself, I need to work out regularly and eat like I did when I was determined that atkins was going to work because nothing else had in my life. So, I stopped patronizing myself and am more determined to start losing steadily again. Congrats on your graduation, the coming years are the best you will ever experience, minus all the speedbumps life will throw in your way, lol. I have faith that both of us and whoever slipped over the wonderful memorial weekend will bounce right back. Have a good day!
Belle

Janicem Tue, May-28-02 10:42

Get Back on Track

Hey, don't beat yourself up for this one time....just get back on track and move forward...........it's a way of life and we all have our days that we lose track, but the MOST important thing is to recognize this and get back on track. Good luck

DDMariana Thu, May-30-02 07:49

I was still wondering how to post a journal on this forum...I know that some are putting in their fitday.com info. Can anyone do that?

Dee, (PineSlayer)... are you still hanging in there? I think I've posted 25 times now, so you can mesage me! :D

Donna

tink Thu, May-30-02 08:29

Hi DD

Yes - anyone can join fitday.com, you just need to register first.

To start a journal, which i must confess i have only just done, choose journals ( c-d in your case) and start a new topic, entitled what ever you want to call your journal.

I hope this makes sense.

good luck

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Corrie Thu, May-30-02 10:17

Good Girl - and remember - Induction is a tool you can use anytime - or stay on for as long as you need to.
You can stay on it longer than the initial 14 days - I almost never go off it. It's what works for me!

Corrie Thu, May-30-02 12:14

My weigh in!

OK everybody!
I am going to my Dr. in the morning to weigh in and have my blood pressure checked. Keep your fingers crossed - I had NO weight loss last week and was feeling kind of blue.......... :confused:
I'll let you know in the morning!!!

MistyBee Sun, Jun-02-02 08:58

Hi everybody!

Donna, glad to hear you were making something yummy - you can do that at induction level too, if you decide you want to do that. I am doing induction level for a few weeks myself at this point, although I find it difficult... Dairy and Diet Sweeteners are my downfall...

I am cutting out much of the dairy and diet sweeteners and I have seen an immediate change in my weight. It's not my official weigh in so I am not changing my numbers yet - but things are looking good, I am happy.

Do you have any low carb cookbooks? If not, there are good recipes right on this web site. I have bought a few low carb cookbooks recently and they vary as to their helpfulness. Also you can get them from the library for a test drive.

Anyway, a yummy induction level thing would be a steak, broiled, with a little cracked pepper and a tablespoon of butter melting on it, for example. And a really good salad dressing for the cup of salad that goes with it! I like Newman's Own Caesar, I am willing to have a carb or two in the dressing when it is that good and tasty.

The change in thinking for me involves remembering to measure the salad, and the dressing because it contains carbs, but not having to weigh the steak or measure the butter! Talk about paradigm shift!!

Broiled chicken breast, cut in strips and had with romaine lettuce and a tablespoon of shredded Parmesan (and the Caesar dressing) has become my newest lunch. Totally awesome, I don't feel deprived at all that way!

I believe that I can find ways to not be dreprived at whatever carbo level I need to be.

Best,
Misty