Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Walden Farms- Good or Bad? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=393170)

compaddict Fri, Apr-10-09 14:08

To fix the BBQ sauce: Add half a cup minced dried onion, quarter cup of dried french Tarragon and some dried hot chillies to taste.

Vince

zorra_1 Sun, Apr-12-09 06:46

I tried the Marshmallow Cream/Fluff stuff and boy, I won't make that mistake again. I think it could've cleaned out my car's engine. The worst taste I think I've ever had!! :o :o

kristenv Sun, Apr-12-09 10:39

I love the pancake syrup.....
Kristen

BigFatMare Thu, May-21-09 19:37

I've heard good things about the syrups - but the BBQ sauce, ketchup, and alfredo sauce are GROSS beyond imagining. I have tried all 3, and they were positively foul. So these days I stick to the real stuff and just eat it in moderation (if you're going for ketchup though, go for the 1-carb stuff from Heinz, it's DELICIOUS!)

eris Fri, May-22-09 06:32

Pass on the alfredo sauce. I was so excited to see it in the store I bought three. Tried one, and the other two went in the trash.

PilotGal Fri, May-22-09 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris
Pass on the alfredo sauce. I was so excited to see it in the store I bought three. Tried one, and the other two went in the trash.
send them to the food bank!!!

*Sheila* Sun, May-24-09 07:50

Being the southern girl that I am, and how much we like our BBQ ~ especially in the summer I LOVE the BBQ sauce. I dont' use a ton, and don't eat it daily ~ but maybe once or twice a month. NO issues.

I didn't like the syrup because it was just tooo runny to be worth it!

LCinAust Wed, Jun-03-20 18:29

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I couldn't find anything more recent using advanced search.

Can anyone advise if the taste of these products have improved over the years (particularly the chocolate or other sweet syrups)?

I remember trying their products years back and really hated the taste (very chemical like) but that was when it was all touted at zero calories, zero carbs, zero everything. I see that it now has some calories/nutrition so assume that the formulation has changed?

compaddict Wed, Jun-03-20 18:57

Dusty one for sure!

Merpig Thu, Jun-04-20 00:18

I have no answer for this. I tried their products years ago, probably back when this thread was an infant, but never warmed to the taste of any of their stuff. I haven’t tried it in years.

Bonnie OFS Mon, Jun-08-20 20:16

About 5 or 6 years ago I was given some samples of their stuff - I would NEVER pay money for it - horrible. I can't imagine it has improved any - I've not seen it in the "health" section of my grocery.

Epithelium Sun, Sep-13-20 09:11

The only product I like on walden farms are the syrup too, though I can't really say it helps on my diet.

JustAGirl Mon, Oct-05-20 21:23

I really liked the taste of the dressings but was worried the nutrition info was inaccurate so only tried a little.

Mycie14 Sun, Oct-18-20 17:50

I keep trying Walden Farms products, but am usually disappointed in the taste. I do like the pancake syrup though.

I currently have the bacon ranch dressing and thousand island dressing in my fridge. I have to doctor them up a lot to use them as they taste pretty artificial. I only bought them to have on hand when I don't feel like making my own. Mostly, I don't feel like using the Walden Farms!

The BBQ sauce and ketchup were both too thin and too sweet. I prefer G. Hughes BBQ sauce (add a shot of Tobasco!) and Heinz unsweetened ketchup.

Bonnie OFS Sun, Oct-18-20 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycie14
I prefer G. Hughes BBQ sauce (add a shot of Tobasco!) and Heinz unsweetened ketchup.

I'm with you! Have you tried his Sweet & Spicy? It's good, but a bit too spicy for me. I like the Hickory. It doesn't take much to be perfectly satisfying, so a bottle lasts me a long time.