Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   anyone from delaware? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=35192)

Mjsturg1 Wed, Mar-31-04 20:05

Smyrna, Delaware here !!! I buy alot of my low carb goodies from the Super Walmart.
It's nice to see some fellow Delawareans !!

Billj Sun, Apr-18-04 18:40

Hi Melanie,

Somehow I missed your post back in March. I have been pretty busy and not in here at all. Hello to everyone else who may still be here... (Anna, you still out there)?

While I have not given up the low carb lifestyle, I must admit I haven't done well these past few months. I was travelling in Germany and it is just so ard. they have such good bread baked fresh everyday everywhere... Ug.. But it was soooo good.

I am also paying for my indulgence. I am 10 pounds heavier, but some of that 10 is muscle. I have been keeping up with excersize and not been straying too far. My waste doesn't feel any bigger as my 34's are still fitting.

But I guess I am back here because I am looking for support. I went back on full tilt Monday of this week. Not because I was feeling bad or anything, but I wasn't done. My original goal was 165 and I got down to 167. At that point, I had reevaluated and decided I wanted to be down to 155. I don't think I look as good as I wanted to in 34's even though that was my original goal. I'm doing lots of ab excersizes as I really don't have an ab's (lol) and I ride my bike a lot. Soo glad it's spring...

Anyway, I think I can get into 32's if I go for 155 and that's what I am going to do.

Melanie, I am completely unaware of "Trader Joe's". Please tell me what you know and I will check it out. I have just heard of a new store on Kirkwood Hwy. They sell only low carb. I forgetthe name but know where it is. I am going to check that out.

I still love shopping "easyprichmatch.com". They have excellent prices. The service isn't great, but it's worth wait. they say they ship in 2 days, but my orders don't usually ship for about a week, one of them took 3 weeks to ship. However, I don't think that was their fault. I wanted Atkins Cinnamon Bun breakfast Bars. I don't think they had any and there was a wait from Atkins. I love those things...

I'm sorry to be going on and on. I really just wanted to say hello to everyone and see how you were doing. Oh I also have a question I need to find an answer for. I don't know if any of you are qualified or know someone who may know, but here it is.

When I have a really vigerous workout, I am finding that I am very very sore if I don't feed myself some carbs. If I stick to 20 to 30 carbs a day, which I really seem to need to do if I want to lose weight, I am much more sore after a workout than I am if I have a higher carb day. I didn't know what it was at first, but it's happened enough now that I'm sure this is it.

My specific question is this. How much do extra carbs hurt on a vigerous exercise day? Does your body use them up right away to replenish your muscles or do you come out of ketosis?

The ketosis thing seems to be the only way I can lose weight. If I am not in it, I will not lose. I won't gian, but I won't lose.

Anybody know anything about extra carbs when exercising?

How to hear from all of you.

Bill

Billj Sun, Apr-18-04 18:44

Mjsturg1,

I didn't want to leave you out. Hello and welcome to you too. I missed your post as well... I am in Bear, so we are pretty close to each other.

If I missed anyone else, it's not intentional and hello to you too!

Bill

Samantha22 Mon, Jun-13-05 19:02

Georgetown Delaware here...glad to see i'm not the only delawarean here!

anewlcme Tue, May-08-07 08:45

not sure if anyone is still here from delaware but i was born and raised in camden until i met my af hubby who took me away and we now reside in ga.