Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Cream cheese pancake - sweet induction breakfast (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33839)

D.J.DIDDLE Tue, May-13-03 02:57

hey cat
i hope this helps you and i hope im right but i reckon cr. is cream cheese so that answers both your questions

D.J

Sunswept Wed, May-14-03 08:33

:yum: Im new here on these posts and just stumbled across this recipe yesterday. I went out during work and bought what I needed and was dying at the gym this morning to come home and make it. OOOOOOOOOOOH was that good!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOH am I so Happy. Ooooooooooh I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow LOL. I have a real sweet tooth and knowing I can eat healthy and still have my sweets is great. Please by all means keep sending the sweet stuff my way. The good part of it all because I don't know how to read a box and figure out an ounce I only used a dab of cream cheese and then saw after I put the box away that :blush: its marked for ounces...so I didn't even use up a carb in the cheese :)

Thanks for the great morning recipe.

Laurie

CajunCarbr Wed, Feb-11-04 10:01

Tried the mock danish this morning. Not bad. It is amazingly similar to a very fresh moist danish, without all the icing though.

Give it a try.

rozier3 Fri, Feb-27-04 07:54

I love this recipe, although I used 2 eggs and a tbsp of cream to make the crepe, and mixed sf jam with the cream cheese (2 oz.) for filling. Another thought I had that I'm going to try instead of making the crepe sweet is to fill it with salmon spread cream cheese.

Jetgirl01 Mon, Mar-01-04 00:39

After two weeks of eggs eggs and more eggs for breakfast (except for one morning when I had tuna salad just for a change) I thought I'd give the mock danish a try. It was definitely yummy but half way through it was way too sweet for me. I am taking this as a sign that my desire for sugar has dimished since starting this WOE. I think I'll keep the mock danish as a once in a while treat.

smilinka Mon, Mar-01-04 09:32

I made this over the weekend...it was a little two sweet for me also...sooo i just did one egg and one packet of splenda and cooked it in the butter then put some sf syrup on it.. tasted very close to french toast without the bread... thanks for the idea

wow Sun, Mar-07-04 08:53

I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!It was OSOOOOSOOOOOOO good. I made one ans was really skeptical but after I ate it...oh boy...I fried some bacon and ate another. What a treat.

It was a little sweet. I am thinking of maybe sharing one packet of splenda between the two parts .

Thanks for this wonderful idea!

Lindym Sat, Mar-20-04 21:46

This is sooo good. I used vanilla SF syrup in the egg & raspberry SF syrup in the cheese.

Saffa Fri, Mar-26-04 23:47

Tried this tonight. Yummy!

I read the bottle of vanilla before I poured it though and noticed that it has sugar in it. So, I skipped the vanilla and used almond extract. Great taste!

~Saffa

LadyBelle Sun, Jul-17-05 07:59

Quote:
NOW another artificial sweetener is sacharin, which was banned in the states 20+ years ago. I have read that it is widely in use in Europe and I have been advised to go to Canada (I live an hour from Windsor) and buy sacharin artificial sweetener. I THINK, but am not sure, that sacharin (maybe spelled with two 'c's?) is the "best" articial sweetner. You could look for that one.

Other way around. In the states sachrine is available in Sweet and Low while Clamiditines (ok I spelled that really wrong) is banned. In canada sachrine is banned and Clamiditines (sp) is used.

If a canadian would like to give the proper spelling of that it would be appriciated so people aren't completely confused. It's the stuff found in brown sugar twin

LukeA Sun, Jul-17-05 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
Other way around. In the states sachrine is available in Sweet and Low while Clamiditines (ok I spelled that really wrong) is banned. In canada sachrine is banned and Clamiditines (sp) is used.

If a canadian would like to give the proper spelling of that it would be appriciated so people aren't completely confused. It's the stuff found in brown sugar twin

"Clamiditines", actually spelled "cyclamate". :) As karen reccomends, I find that you dont have to use as much sweetener if you combine different types of artificial sweeteners. I usually use cyclamate, sucralose (splenda), and stevia.

Anna_Marie Thu, Aug-11-05 20:48

Delicious! :D Thanks for the recipe!

eskimissy Thu, Aug-11-05 20:52

Hmmm I've been missing my LC pancakes because I've recently moved back into university campus housing, and we don't get a stove. Do you think it would work in a waffle iron????

HELP :D

klc145 Wed, Sep-07-05 07:05

This was so good! I made it this morning and now have another alternative to just eggs!

Luzyanna Thu, Oct-06-05 00:05

I guess I was the only one that didn't like this recipe and I wanted to SO BADLY!!!!! LOL