Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What do you do to feel beautiful? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27853)

zellie Wed, Dec-19-01 06:37

Great thread!

Since I started lo-carbing, I've really become aware of my posture (think it's because of the weightloss). I have a sedentary job and I now make a point of stretching regularly to relieve tension in my shoulder blades and neck.

I check myself regularly in mirrors in malls, to make sure I am walking well. I'm observing people's postures too, to notice common mistakes people make.

I also believe in new hairstyles, re-vamping, for a new look! It's a great moral boost. ;) A bit of color, hi-lites, etc.

I've started doing weekly face masks, manicures and pedicures.

zellie

gecolon Wed, Dec-19-01 09:38

Wow a bath with lavender oil! Ohhhh I can't wait to try it along with the candles, incense and a glass of white wine. This is true pampering. I can't wait until I can get to the point of looking forward to exercising like the rest of you. Back to the lavender I love this scent! My grand mom used to bathe me with the flowers when I was little (to calm me down). When ever I smell it I feel so relaxed. Johnson's now has a baby powder that contains lavender and I love it.

Chrissy Wed, Dec-19-01 16:27

Oh thanks for the tip Yogabuff, I love lavender, I've been gardening for many years, I have 22 acreas of land and my garden is full of flowers, roses, herbs, fruits and veggies in the growing season. I love gardening so much I just can't wait till Spring. LOL

Anyways, yes, I have made Lavender and many other herbs in soap, candles, oils, aromatherapy, sachet, potpourri, dry flower arrangements, crafts such as wreaths......don't tell anyone, but I'm a witch! LOL

My future plan is to convert the old barn into a craft shop and make my crafts in there and display them and give them away to my friends and familys and sell them to the locals......its a big barn, so its going to take some time to fix it up.

Aromatheraphy is the art of using essential oils to enhance our moods, sharpen our minds and awaken our physical selves. By breathing in fragrances suspended in the air around you, the leaves, bark, root and flower scents that are in the essential oils begin to soothe the soul, awaken the mind, and arouse the sensual self, thus making aromatheraphy the art of creation.

Each essential oil has it’s own unique effect on the mind, while each unique blend of essential oils create a range of experiences, depending on how they are blended together. For example, Peppermint Oil by itself is invigorating, refreshing, and stimulating, while Rosemary Oil alone is rejuvenating, strengthening, and uplifting, combine the two, add some Lavender , which by itself is balancing, refreshing, and soothing. 1 drop of Peppermint Oil, 2 drops each of Rosemary and Lavender and you'll have a refreshing bath! And if you really want to be romantic, roses are wonderful too!

Oh, yes, I got my weekly massage yesterday, and the hubby said my fat rolls are gone from my back!!!!!!!!!! whooowhooo got to take my measurements on the 21st to see how many inches I lost.

Take care everyone! :wave:

Chrissy Wed, Dec-19-01 16:31

You go girl

Quote:
"svelt" in my "cougar-like" frame

LCSponge, you sweet little sexy thing you!!!! LOL ;)

EllieEats Wed, Dec-19-01 18:19

Boy Razzle!! You're making me long for the gym again!!!
I can't afford to do anything right now but I'm tossing the idea around about whether to (in future) buy another membership or buy this WEIDER home gym I've been checking out. Working out at home has the definite time advantages.
And Cindy--- thats right up my alley!! I fill a hot bath, candles, and some relaxing music and just soak...... then I glide around the house in my long silky nightgown and feel like a queen!!
I always sleep better after that too.
Ellie :wave:

Voluptuous Thu, Dec-20-01 02:14

Bubble Bath by Candlelight

Like Wangeci....I also do the bubble bath and candle thing..It is sooo relaxing. Afterwards I "primp".....starting with my toes up to my eyebrows. Then I like to put on something silky. ;)

Lessara Thu, Dec-20-01 16:23

makeup

I actually got the courage to try makeup after losing my first 25lbs, I like being an artist with my face. It makes me feel like "Hey I'm proud of who I am!" :)

Mags Fri, Dec-21-01 06:02

I agree, I love playing the role of an artist colouring and enhancing my face. If I'm having a day where I feel that my body is looking particularly bad, I take the time to do a careful make-up application. It's very satisfying to know that at least one part of my body is looking the best it can and it makes me feel better about at least one aspect of my appearance. After doing a good make-up job, there's always the hope that my face is looking so stunning that my body will be overlooked :)

Mindyd Fri, Dec-21-01 13:47

Mags - how bad can your body be at 115 lbs?????? I'm jealous.

Anyway, I've begun buying bras and panties at Victoria's Secret - in cool colors other than just boring white or beige....so even though the rest of the world doesn't know what I have on under my clothes, I feel sexy knowing there's some hot looking lingerie under there!

I used to do the tub thing all the time, but we just recently bought a hot tub, so instead of doing the bath tub, I do that - usually buck nekkid with my husband late at night (fortunately we live in a somewhat secluded area) - and a lot of times when he's out of town I'll do it all by myself....now that the snow has started falling though, I find it difficult to make the "jump" from house to tub - I just want to curl up under my electric blanket!

bushong6 Fri, Dec-21-01 21:24

Ohhh, I want to go do my beauty regimen now that I've read all these posts, but it's not in my plans tonight! :D The bath, the candles, the, the, the...Calgon, Take Me Away!!! ;)

Okay, now to get serious... One thing I wanted to share is that using a half cup of Epsom salts along with Johnson & Johnson Soothing Vapor Bath for Colds is WONDERFUL! I clip and file my toenails first, then soak for 10-15 minutes and then exfoliate with olive oil and salt. Push back cuticles, buff and shine nails, then moisturize. Voila! Gorgeous feet! :cool:

The way I exfoliate my hands during my manicure is with olive oil and sugar (less abrasive than salt). Then I moisturize by covering the oil-soaked skin with a cream, wrap my hands in plastic wrap and relax for 10 minutes with them wrapped up in my heating pad. Ahhhh! Any of you that try this will LOVE it! (You can also give your hands a mask using any of your face mask products if you have them.)

I did this every week for a long time, but I have gotten away from it. Thank you so much for putting these thoughts back into my head. I will want to start doing this again because I feel like when I do, I am very "in tune" with myself and my body. Just what I need to get serious about taking care of myself by losing this weight! :)

Elihnig Sat, Dec-22-01 04:15

I usually don't go for elaborate beauty treatments, but at Thanksgiving, as a present to myself, I got some red highlights put into my hair. When I first met my husband, I had red hair and he loves it! So, now he thinks I'm even more gorgeous! ;)

Elihnig

LC Sponge Sat, Dec-22-01 05:47

Quote:
Originally posted by bushong6
The way I exfoliate my hands during my manicure is with olive oil and sugar (less abrasive than salt). Then I moisturize by covering the oil-soaked skin with a cream, wrap my hands in plastic wrap and relax for 10 minutes with them wrapped up in a heating pad

Not only is this an amazing idea for your hands, but what a great way to harmlessly use up all that white sugar at this time of year :D

gecolon Sun, Dec-23-01 16:45

My Xmas present to me. I'm going to buy some lavender goodies , some really pretty scented candles, a genie lamp incense holder, some powdered milk, a heating pad, a bath pillow, big terry cloth (white or light pink) robe, a good book (fiction). I may even treat my self to a brisk walk. Problem is that I will also have to buy a lock for my new stuff. If I don't then by my next bath everything will be gone. . When ever I buy new shampoo's etc. Everyone (DH and kids) decides they want softer hair/skin too. I love everyone's ideas - very uplifting.

Mindyd Sun, Dec-23-01 19:50

The hands thing sounds great! My hands are so dry this time of year - which I'm surprised at, given all the water I'm drinking! But I'll have to give those things a try - right before my hot bath with scented oil and candles....feeling sexy tonight - had a wonderful party last night and now that the headache is finally going away...LOL - too much wine! :daze:

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

goingfor60 Sun, Dec-23-01 21:49

I strut...

I turn on the supermodel that lives beneath the 23 pounds I have to lose.

I increase the heel hight on my shoes for the day - I wear sheer stockings instead of tights and walk as if I own the runway. I'm tall anyway and my long legs compensate for my stumpy linebacker rectangular upper body.

With the high heels the muscles in my legs are flexed most of the day, so the amount of time in the gym really stands out. I also put on some lipstick and go for the pouty dont you want to kiss me look instead of my normal cherry flavored chap stick. Lately these little things have been causing quite a stir. :wiggle: