Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Blondie888's Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=276978)

Blondie888 Sat, Dec-24-05 03:21

More Exercise

50 minutes (spread throughout the day) vigorous jump-roping.

50 crunches

Chest and Triceps...same as earlier this week.

Yep, I'm being lazy on this post...I burned myself out reading the War Zone :lol:.

Blondie888 Sun, Dec-25-05 04:37

Christmas Eve Workout!

40 butt flexors, each leg.

Biceps: 20 lb. weights used; 3 sets, 10 reps: curls.

Back: 20 lb. weights used; bend at waist; pick up from floor.

I'm going to try to get in calves and shoulders in tomorrow. And some cardio would probably be a good idea :rolleyes:. I enjoy short bursts of cardio, but I get bored easily with long stretches. Maybe I can work my way up. I'm going to start devising a concrete workout plan that I can implement for Jan. 1st.

Blondie888 Mon, Dec-26-05 00:07

Free day today.

Blondie888 Tue, Dec-27-05 02:55

More Weights...

50 crunches

Shoulders-10 reps, 3 set, 10 lb. weights:

presses

presses (diff. position)

forward lifts

side lifts

shrugs

50 calf raises

I had no sessions of continuous cardio this week. Not good. I got in all of my weight training, though, and even made some gains on amount lifted. I used 10 lb. weights for my chest and shoulders. I ran around all day today, so I'm sure it burned some extra calories. I still need to get on track with doing continuous cardio. This week, I'm going for at least 4 days that include 20 continuous minutes of cardio. I also want to up my reps instead of my weights this week. I'm going to shoot for 15 reps, 3 sets instead of 10 reps, 3 sets. This will present a different sort of challenge. It should be fun!

kevinpa Tue, Dec-27-05 05:37

Thanks Blondie,
I didn't have any to work off from Christmas being I cooked the dinner and it was all LC. Basically now I exercise to keep my blood sugar in check. When I stopped for those few days because of my neck my numbers raised 5 or so points. Thats all the incentive I need to get back at it as soon as I can. Although I don't mind exercising, I have no particular love for it either.....:lol: It is a necessary evil.

Blondie888 Wed, Dec-28-05 03:00

Progress...

40 minutes (slightly spread out) vigorous jump rope

Abs:

3 sets, 15 reps-leg raises

Triceps:

3 sets, 15 reps, 10 lb. weights used

kick-backs
overhead kick-backs

Biceps:

3 sets, 15 reps, 10 lb. weight used

bicep curls

Thighs:

3 sets, 10-15 reps each leg-outer lifts

3 sets, 15 reps-inner lifts

Back:

3 sets, 15 reps, 20 lb. weight used-back rises

I feel good about my workout today. I've decided to give the whole cardio issue a rest for at least a little bit. I'm going to try to be more active in general, and get some in when I feel like it. I think I'm balking at it because I feel forced to do it. Hopefully now that I've taken the pressure away, I can trick myself into doing it :lol:. I do enjoy jump-roping. Once my elliptical machine is fixed, I think I'll have less of an issue. I haven't been in the mood for step aerobics lately. Well, I made my 15 reps goal on my lifting. It feels really good. I'm so happy to be making progress!

Blondie888 Thu, Dec-29-05 02:04

Great Progress but Still no Cardio...

Arms:

3 sets, 15 reps, 10 lb. weights

starting-a-lawnmower movement

Chest:

3 sets, 15 reps, 10 lb. weights

flies

presses

overhead lifts

3 sets, 15 reps--butt lifts

Still no cardio... :lol: I walked to get my lunch salad, and I did this yesterday as well. That's something. One of my goals is to learn proper exercise terminology. "Starting a Lawnmower"?! Yeah, not exactly coherent. Well, that's okay. My abs are so sore today. In a good way. I love the feeling of being slightly sore after a workout. Not only did I do 10 lbs. on my chest, I increased my reps. It was rough, but I could really, really feel and see it in my chest. I feel very fulfilled after a tough workout. I'm happy with my progress overall.

Blondie888 Fri, Dec-30-05 04:31

20 minutes jump rope

100 punches using 5 lb. weights

Jump-rope was done pretty much at the same time. This is sorta, almost cardio. Woo hoo!

Blondie888 Sat, Dec-31-05 04:41

Not Much, But Something...

100 crunches

50 calf raises

1 minute roman wall sit

I was cleaning all day. I just did enough exercise to say I did something. The wall sits are tortuous! I have no idea how something so simple-looking could hurt that bad :confused:. I hope to be able to work up to 5 minutes, but that will be in the distant future. I'm glad I got my exercise in.

Blondie888 Sun, Jan-01-06 04:27

free day...

Blondie888 Mon, Jan-02-06 02:04

free day...again.

Blondie888 Tue, Jan-03-06 00:53

20 minutes vigorous jump rope

This was all I had in me. I carried my 10 lb. weights upstairs, and then back downstairs. That was as close as I could get to weight training tonight. My whole body hurts. I really don't want to mess up on my diet again.

Blondie888 Wed, Jan-04-06 00:31

30 minutes vigorous jump-rope

Back: 3 sets, 15 reps, 20 lb. weights--lifts

I went a while between meals so id didn't get much of a workout in. I felt wiped out. I'm glad I did something.

Blondie888 Wed, Jan-04-06 23:16

20 minute walk at lunchtime

50 calf raises

5 minutes jump rope

And the calves hurt...I don't know if it's the long work hours, the lack of sleep or induction flu, but I don't have any stamina. It looks like another long day tomorrow. And next week is going to be more of the same... I need to get back on track with my exercise. I hope I'll feel a little livelier in the coming days. My goal for tomorrow is to work at least one of my muscle groups plus abs. We'll see, but I'm going to give a try!

Blondie888 Fri, Jan-06-06 00:41

Free day...Should I really call it that when almost every day has been a free day? Exactly what am I free from? Weight loss? I'm going to lose my progress if I don't get my stuff together. If I exercise, I'll end up having more energy in the long-run. I have to get back on it.