Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=267669)

turner Wed, Sep-28-05 17:51

Here's a little about myself:
I'm a teacher. I have one daughter(12) one son (19) and three "bonus" sons (17,21,23) I just got re-married about 2 years ago after being divorced almost 9 years. My husband works odd times and cooks when he is home and I am at work. I haven't told him that I am going LC because he always seems to do something to try to turn me around. I was 103 pounds when we met about 6 years ago, but I guess he can't see that I am have put on 40 pounds. I was 143 a couple of weeks ago and had been for a long, long, time. I don't want him to see me with anything less than baggy clothes. It's time for a change.

Anyway, he cooked tonight. I don't know if we are suppose to mention any no-no food here, but I can home to a (dirty - of course) kitchen filled with d--p fr--d chicken,m-c and cheese, r-c-, and beans. Thanks, honey!

When he left, I put lids on everything and then made myself a salad and a taco mix that I made up tonight (thanks for the idea Cheri) with cream cheese, turkey sausage, cheddar cheese, and taco sauce.

Susan

Samantha22 Wed, Sep-28-05 18:05

Ah, here's the original 10 pounds by thanksgiving challange link! I joined but didn't click the right link. I'm really close to my original goal...i'm not sure if it'll ultimately be where i'm happy at...but it's what i've set for myself...which will be a total loss of 90 pounds alltogether. I really want more than ten off by thanksgiving...but i think 10 pounds in two months is a reasonable expectation of myself..i've started taking a vitamin supplement, walking in the evenings, and using coconut oil with breakfast. I've been doing LC since November 1st of 2004...so really, initially i wanted to be 185 by 11.1.05...which isn't realistic..i wanted 100 pounds off (this coming from a woman who didn't think i could lose 5 pounds on this "stupid diet"....lol).....so really....another 10 by thanksgiving would be fantastic! Goodluck to all of you!

NoBREAD Wed, Sep-28-05 18:36

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to welcome Sharon, Samantha, and Foxgluvs to the challenge.

I am making it an early night tonight with a cup of hot tea and a good book! I just need to wind down a little. It's been run, run, run, for the past few days.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Samantha22 Wed, Sep-28-05 18:38

Just had a chance to sit and read up on all of your entries...turner...glad to see your hanging in there your first week of induction! I too restarted induction monday so we are totally on the same page! Winter time holidays are hard for me because i want to bake and have things i can't have....but i started this Way of eating last november..and i made it through this far...so what's another winter :) So glad to be part of your challange!

turner Wed, Sep-28-05 19:07

Some problems:
#1 I can't get my profile weight to change.
#2 I posted about an hour ago and it disappered.
Does anyone know what is going on?

turner Wed, Sep-28-05 19:16

Welcome everyone!

Okay
I am a total computer idiot. I just realized that our thread has 2 pages now so the post that I thought didn't did. And now I have figures out how to change my profile to show weight loss. I thought that when I changed it on the scale page, it would change it everywhere.
A cup of tea and a good book sounds good to me, too. I think I'll do that after my bath. I can't wait until the colder weather. It's October and we are still wearing shorts and still sweating. Of course, I have worn shorts on Christmas day before. Come on colder (but not too cold) weather! Yes, I am one of those people who like the cold weather for about a day and then I have had enough.
Okay, bath, book, and bed.
See ya'll later.

Turner

unitydkn Thu, Sep-29-05 13:43

I need a challenge!! I am a bit flaky on my posting because I don't spell well & work evenings but I will try.

foxgluvs Thu, Sep-29-05 14:42

Hope everyone is having a good LC day!! I am down a bit of a lb this morning, I had tom till yesterday, so I am hoping for good things this week on the weight loss, a 2lb loss would be awesome!

Samantha22 Thu, Sep-29-05 14:47

Okay, my weight was up a bit the past few days..due to constipation...lol..but i'm going again...and this morning i was down to 219.5 from 222 yesterday morning..thank god. I'm hoping for atleast 219 in the morning.....*Crosses Fingers*
Goodluck to everyone else today!

skylee Thu, Sep-29-05 16:04

It's nice to see more faces in here.

Turner, I'm right with you, a complete computer idiot!! I'd like to make you a deal, I'll send you our cold weather this winter, and you can send me your warm weather!! I really hate the cold, just because I get so cold all the time, takes forever for me to warm up. I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life, so I would think I should be used to it by now, don't think I ever will though.

foxgluvs, good luck with your wieght this week, hope the scales move in your favor.

Samantha22, glad to hear your plumbing problems have cleared up!! :lol: Hope you see the number you are hoping for in the morning.

As for me I ate well today and got my excersise in. Thinking of doing some pilates later tonight, we'll see. BTW, I made lasagna using egg whites for the noodles, suprisingly it was very good. I was a little skeptical about it, but turned out to be so yummy!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Jenny

turner Thu, Sep-29-05 19:57

Cheri: I think you have a group going! My, how our family has grown!

Sharon: With Thanksgiving however many weeks away, I know that you will hit 145.

Foxgluvs: Where did you get the cute pic "I am smiling"? I think I will try to find something and then try to figure out how to make it appear.

Samantha: I am not even going to ask ...but I, too, am glad that your plumbing is fixed.

Jenny: Great weather to me will be about 72 degrees. I do not like the cold weather when you wear everything that you own and still are cold. It is so hot still. Yes, I have lived here 40 years. Yes, it is still hot! Eggwhites for noodles ...interesting. Hmmm, I do love lasagna.

Turner

skylee Thu, Sep-29-05 20:18

Turner, I would recommend you trying it, I found the receipe in the forum. Like I said I thought it was really kindof wierd, but tried it was very impressed.

Jenny

NoBREAD Thu, Sep-29-05 21:40

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the challenge unity. I work nights as well. Well actually second shift. I love it being able to sleep in the morning and having most of the morning off. I just come here in the morning or at night after I get off work.

It looks like everyone is off to a good start.

Samantha I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Samantha22 Fri, Sep-30-05 20:22

Okay, so stupid me took a shower this morning and had wet hair when i stood on the scale...219.5.....so i'm hoping that was a good thing...and that tomorrow wil show a loss. Oh well, i dont really care..its no big deal. MY clothes and new shirt fit really well today...so i'm excited...can't complain a single bit really. Okay...well off to bed...today has been sucessful...thanks to you all for your support...goodluck to you all during the weekend!

NoBREAD Sat, Oct-01-05 09:05

Good Morning Everyone!

Samantha - Glad that you are happy and feeling good. Glad that your clothes are fitting well.

I haven't done my first weigh in yet. I am one of those scaleaphobics. Walked for 30 minutes yesterday. It was rough, since I am not used to it anymore. But I feel good about moving again.
Still staying on plan with my eating. Last night I tried green beans, ham, and cheese. Very good!

Have a good weekend everyone.