Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Wonderful New Website, with a Low-carb Link (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25738)

tamarian Sun, Nov-18-01 12:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Hey Wa'il! The link to here has been fixed.

Karen

Thanks Karen :)

Wa'il

YogaBuff Sun, Nov-18-01 12:27

Karen--Honey? On Schwarzbein?? Nope. In fact, that is what she is strictest about--any kind of sugars, anytging with an -ol or an -ose on the end. She doesn't even allow art. sweet. like splenda. Absolutely no caffeine either, but I fudge on that one.

I was hoping that fragrant honey was some kind of exotic spice (powdered maybe) that had a real honey- like flavor when cooked in things. My loss. :(

yb

Karen Sun, Nov-18-01 12:35

You know what has a honey-like flavour? Fresh lavander! A little bit in a marinade for chicken or lamb is delicious.

Thanks for setting me straight. I have too many plans in my brain and get confused... :daze:

Karen

YogaBuff Sun, Nov-18-01 12:56

Oh, my. I would never presume to set YOU straight! I think of you and Doreen and Nat and Wa'il and the whole list as 'oh knowledgable ones'. LOL. Know what you mean though, only two books so far and I'm :daze: .

Thanks for the idea about lavender htough, it's my fav! Got it growing right outside. Use it to make sachets and soap (little hobby)--never ate it , but OK! It's not in season, so are some flowers saved in a zipp-lock baggy fresh enough?

yb

PatHawk Mon, Nov-19-01 09:28

Congratulations Karen

This really is a great web site - how wonderful that the students took you on as a project! Are they going to keep it updated for you, or do you have to learn to do that yourself?
You must be from the Maritimes originally, if you and your mother and grandmother used to pick fiddleheads! I come from Nova Scotia, so I know what you mean :thup:
I did go into the recipe section, but they are not necessarily low carb recipes - correct :q: There is no nutrition information provided, but the apple and honey cake that takes a cup of honey cannot be a low carb recipe.
Perhaps I misunderstood the low carb connection.
It is a great site though - and very creatively put together.
Congratulations :)
Cheers

Karen Mon, Nov-19-01 10:33

No, the recipes are from my other life - the professionally high carb one!

The LC connection is a link and description on the Community page to here.

I'm not from NS, but one grandmother was and the other was from Quebec.

Karen

PatHawk Mon, Nov-19-01 10:47

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that the recipes must be from that "other life" ;)
Aren't fiddleheads the neatest little vegetables? Not many people even recognize them as edible. The are so cool in the wild. :)
I am away from home right now, but when I get back I will have to research how to be more creative on this forum - I thought that I might like to post a picture of the post LC me that my husband took the other night, but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it!! :exclm:
I notice you now have a link to the fish house in Stanley Park - is that where you work? We have eaten there many times!! What a small world.- great eats by the way :D
That's it for now.
Cheers