Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Christmas Challenge 2005 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=254109)

Aussie_Gal Tue, Jun-21-05 00:03

Woohoo! We are in motion! My personal goal is to lose about another 10 kg (roughly 22 pounds by Christmas Eve)! We can do this :D

tardon Tue, Jun-21-05 00:38

How could I not join a challenge started by some called aussie-girl. I am 174 and aiming for 134 just to make it an even 40 lb target. Who else is in my weight/target range...makes it more interesting a challenge within a challenge.
Look out Santa here we come :wave:

Naledi Tue, Jun-21-05 06:45

Hi all, :wave:

I also want to join in. Christmas would be a nice time to enjoy the results of the hard work we all do. Well I would also love to reach the goal by Christmas. :agree:

Akasha Tue, Jun-21-05 10:16

Welcome to the challenge, Tardon and Naledi! :)

AprilB Tue, Jun-21-05 11:42

count me in!! i'm at 162 right now and would love to be close to my goal of 125 by christmas. my christmas goal will be 130.

muffles Wed, Jun-22-05 19:44

Hi there! Can I join in? I need something to keep me going! Right now I weigh 94kg and I'd like to be 84kg by christmas! I started december 26th 2004, so it would be really cool to be 30 kg sown by my one year anniversary!
Besides, I'd like to be able to wear a nice pair of togs this year, not the old lady style which is the only style they make in my size!

Akasha Wed, Jun-22-05 19:48

Welcome April and Muffles! The more the merrier.

I am pleased (although I gave into the scale) to say that after a week on Induction and the Warrior Diet, I am down an amazing EIGHT pounds!

That is 145, the lowest I ever got while dieting. Next time I weigh in (in like three weeks), I hope to be the lowest I have been since about sixth grade. :)

Ruby180 Fri, Jun-24-05 01:29

Count me and my carbs in!

I am back on low-carbing after 4 years away -- first time I went from 160 to 130 and kept it off for a year, then my parents died and my husband left me after 14 years, and I began a Binge Thing that got me now to 174!!! But I just decided, three days ago to do Protein Power, and I am back on the road to recovery!

So....I would like to join this Xmas Challenge. I am 174 now, and by Christmas I would like to be 150.... I am hoping that slow and steady will do the job, and I plan to do the gym 3 times a week, 4 if I can.

Ever Hopeful, Always willing

Ruby

tardon Fri, Jun-24-05 06:36

Hi christmas challengers...may we all loose pounds for christmas.
Whats the plan aussie girl, how often should we report our loss and I do mean loss ...no gains at this challenge hey guys :agree:

Akasha Fri, Jun-24-05 09:18

Welcome to the challenge, Ruby! :)

Ruby180 Sat, Jun-25-05 01:08

Getting Going

Well, I have weighed myself after 5 days on PP -- and am down 2.8 pounds.. That feels like a good start to my Christmas CHallenge race. Right now I have a piece of cold salmon left over from last night's dinner, and am contemplating when I am going to get going at the gym! I think my energy is a bit down as I am getting used to the Plan.... Monday is my deadline goal for doing a good workout.
I hope everyone is hearing those sleigh bells ringing for Christmas Success!
Ruby

bluesfan88 Sat, Jun-25-05 07:07

hey everyone , welcome to all the newcomers . we are all going to do great ! good luck:)

Ruby180 Sat, Jun-25-05 23:42

Hey, this is pretty darm good

I am amazed at how comfortable I feel being back in the low-carb groove -- though I am wondering when on PP I can bring fruit in -- I assume that I need to wait till after two weeks or so... What is so great is the not being hungry all the time -- astonshing! I am worried that the berries will tip me back into carb fever, but since it is only DAY 6 for me, I guess I should just relax about it.
Also I don't get how to transfer those strips with weight loss statistics that everyone has on their signatures. Any help on that?
Hope today is lovely and proteinous for everyone! I am down a pound!
Ruby

petersn78 Sat, Jun-25-05 23:49

Yay Ruby for being a pound down! Now that pound better still be down come Monday :lol: Keep it up everyone!

Aussie_Gal Sun, Jun-26-05 01:12

hmm not too sure tardon. Im new to the challenge thing, how bout we post a weekly update of our progress? Maybe this can be a support group rather than pages of statistics?