Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Liquid Splenda (absolutely no carbs) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=22256)

Bez Fri, Oct-26-01 12:53

Hi Judi,

Want to offer my support and if madpiano doesn't mind and takes you up on the offer I would like to have a package of splenda too if she or any others would like to be included, we could split the cost.

Let me know if postage and costings are expensive as I use a really good courier company through work and they might do me a deal if I ask nicely :D :D :D

Thanks for all you efforts with this and if I could I'd phone up too, we don't have any decent sugar substitutes here :(

Bez

:wave: :wave:

PatHawk Fri, Oct-26-01 15:43

Done

From one island gal to another - I will call right away, will also visit the website.

LadyRider Fri, Oct-26-01 16:06

Liquid Splenda!

I'm in the US... and we can't get it anywhere.. I called the online vendor that I purchased it from previously, and she told me they had an order pending and hoped to have it back in stock by Christmas.

I'm just glad I bought 3 bottles last time!.... EBAY anyone? LOL

Actually, I wouldn't give it up... I'll have to use it more sparingly.

Thanks for the info.

tamarian Fri, Oct-26-01 16:47

LadyRider!

Welcome aboard. I just love your sig, very creative!

Wa'il

Ka3n Fri, Oct-26-01 17:33

Here's the US number: 1-800-777-5363

IslandGirl Sat, Oct-27-01 01:21

Greetings, Earl/Bez! The same applies as in my post to madpiano... I can't do any estimating without a mailing address, and you can reach me with such private stuff either by clicking on the logo below (there's a contact email address on the webpage attached to the LCFE logo) or PMing me here on the forum.

As for you and madpiano getting together, hmmmmm, interesting notion but are you in the same region, never mind city, in the UK?

:wave:

ps: thanks, PatHawk!

Elihnig Sun, Oct-28-01 06:48

I asked.

Though, I went to the website and e-mailed my request.

Funny though, it did not give me a message saying it got my message, it took me back to my post. I checked to make sure that I filled in the required fields. Just to be safe I sent it again!

Elihnig

Kay Sun, Oct-28-01 23:17

Thanks for the number

Hi Judy,

I phoned in shortly after I read your original post. The woman gave me the information about liquid Splenda being unavailable except from Brazil and explained that it would be extremely expensive to buy in Canada. She wanted to know how much I would be willing to pay for it. This sounds to me as if they are at least listening and considering.

lilwannabe Wed, Oct-31-01 11:36

Hello Island Girl...from one to another....What is the benifit of liquid splenda...verses the powder form? I have the powder form...and like it for making sweets.

IslandGirl Thu, Nov-01-01 23:13

hey there

Hi, Lilwannabe, the important difference is that there are zero (none, nada, zilch, diddly squant) carbs in the liquid versus the carbs used in the filler for ALL packets or measure-for-measure ("powder") sweeteners. Example: 1 Cup of Splenda powder, used in baking, is 24 carbs. Liquid equivalent is zero.

This is probably more important to those on the lower carb programs (CALP is not so rigorous) or those that are more sensitive to maltodextrin...

Hope that helps.

lilwannabe Fri, Nov-02-01 12:21

Well Thank you...Now I know

Caro Sat, Nov-03-01 18:11

I live in the UK, so can't easily participate in your phone poll.

However I e-mailed Splenda last week.

I got very cross when I couldn't get hold of Carbolite brand sweetener, which is Splenda without the carbs (they used fibre as filler instead of Maltodextrin). So having complained to Carbolite about them discontinuing their sweetener (their reply - 'It was not a good seller"), I started on Splenda for their liquid sweetener.

I got the following reply from Splenda:

"At this time, neither a liquid nor a tablet form is available in the U.S. for home use.
I will forward your request to our Sales & Marketing Department."

If anyone else wants to e-mail Splenda the reply address on the e-mail is: --Send a PM--. The phone no on the e-mail is 1-800-777-5363.

I only have one box of Carbolite sweetener left - what chances Splenda come through before it is finished!

2big Wed, Nov-07-01 08:37

RE:liquid Splenda

I went to their web site at http://www.splenda.com and filled out a customer comment card, which is another way to get the message across that we want it in liquid form. I have also started using erythritol, which is available in granular form and contains zero carbs. I think it may be about the same $ as using the liquid Splenda. The erythritol is grainier than Splenda and costs twice as much as powder Splenda, but it is worth it to me when I want to avoid carbs in the things I make. It is available at www.carberschoice.com and at www.beyond-a-century.com if anyone is interested.

russ Sat, Nov-10-01 03:08

I just emailed my request. I never knew that a liquid form would be zero carb. Now i'm interested.

Victoria Sat, Nov-10-01 15:37

Splenda availability?

I just bought my first box of Splenda yesterday. I could only find the packets.... But I tried it in my coffee this morning and it was pretty good. Now does it have any side-effects? And if it's made from sugar, then how come it has no or less than 1 carb? Also, I live in California, is it available in other forms than the packets. I've copied down some recipes from this website and want to try them. But I can't find the baking kind of Splenda. I will be waiting for the U.S. toll free number and will call to make let them know we want more availability. Thanks for the info!! :wave: Victoria :rheart: