Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   One Year Anniversary!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=217442)

Marvin Mon, Nov-01-04 21:42

congrats!!! My 1 year weight-loss regiment anniversary is around the corner too!

Blondey63 Mon, Nov-01-04 23:15

Happy Anniversary! You have done great! Woohoo!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the support you have given me.... it has been a real help... THanks again!

LCsenorita Tue, Nov-02-04 01:37

Congratulations On Your 1 Year Anniversary, And Your Weight Loss Thus Far! Kutgw!!!!

serrelind Tue, Nov-02-04 06:22

Congratulations, Mike. We're proud of you :)

Serre

angeljandy Tue, Nov-02-04 07:24

Good for you Mike, you truly are an inspiration to all who struggle!!!

Harvey Tue, Nov-02-04 07:32

Congratulations for a superb job Mike and best wishes in the coming years.
You're an inspiration for all.

Eddie

taming Tue, Nov-02-04 08:07

That's wonderful Mike. Looking back at the past year, what do you think kept you going? Any advice?

DaddioM Wed, Nov-03-04 10:53

WOOHOO!!! It's support like this that helped me make it a year!!

LC-Laur Wed, Nov-03-04 12:55

Great job!!! To ANOTHER year!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sugarjunky Wed, Nov-03-04 15:54

Hey, that's wonderful. Congrats! :)

4biddenEve Wed, Nov-03-04 17:57

WAY TO GO! WHAT A GREAT MILESTONE! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Rebecca A Sun, Nov-07-04 19:33

DaddioM, my hats off to you. I just started back on induction, I'd lost 16 pounds last April 03 through July 03, but gained it all back. Now, I'm back on induction, I need to lose 50-60 pounds, hopefully enough to notice before my only child, a daughter's, wedding on June 11, 05. I felt so good while I was on it before and that's why I've returned to this WOE.

People like you are an inspiration to people like me. I hope next Nov I can celebrate my 1 year anniversary like you are now.

Rebecca A Sun, Nov-07-04 19:49

Okay so forgive me for asking, but I'm just curious. Do you have a wife (or girlfriend) and what is her reaction to your weight loss and WOE. And Kids, are they supportive of your WOE? My husband (26 years on 11-11) is my biggest supporter, eats what I fix, even WANTS to eat what I eat because even though he has a LITTLE pouch, he wants to eat like I do, whatever diet I chose at the time. And my only child, a girl, is supportive as long as I make an additional side dish for her (she says that meat and salads, which I love, isn't enough for her to make a meal from. But she doesn't wave BAD foods in front of me or tempt me with forbidden foods.

just curious to see how much support you had from your family. What about friends too. Thank you for helping ME with these questions.

DaddioM Sun, Nov-07-04 23:09

Hi Rebecca!!

I get varying levels of support. DW does cook (mostly) meals that I can eat.. but occasionally I'm on my own (so I BBQ brats or something on those days).

The biggest thing I DON'T get support on is getting rid of the snacks.... (or at least hiding them). I've had to deal with this.. and I'm ok with it too, since DS is really skinny and also has a lot of friends over.

Friends have been VERY supportive. In fact, there are a few new LC'rs at work as a result of my success (hehe.. no pressure to KEEP it off now).

Welcome to the forum and I hope you DO stick to it.. it's a WONDERFUL thing Rebecca.

Mike

iwill Mon, Nov-08-04 06:49

Way to go Daddio......(yes, I know not very original...it's still early)...Congratulations on your success.