Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   You People Killed the Twinkie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=210704)

Nancy LC Wed, Sep-22-04 13:07

I don't think you should order the headstone for Twinkie yet. It's just a reorganization. Twinkies will probably be with us for a long, long time. Blech!

Hellistile Wed, Sep-22-04 13:09

Oh great to hear Nancy. I have never tried one and now I can (not).

tom sawyer Wed, Sep-22-04 13:11

My ex just loved Wonder bread. She just hated the chewy dry whole grain stuff.

Hellistile Wed, Sep-22-04 13:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom sawyer
My ex just loved Wonder bread. She just hated the chewy dry whole grain stuff.

I hate hearing this because there are some very good sour rye or european rye breads out there that are just delicious, moist, flavourful and definitely much tastier than white bread. Also, contain less carbs and great for maintenance.

bioteclady Wed, Sep-22-04 13:14

Mmmm....deep fried twinkies.

I have to wonder what my cousin will do now that his beloved Twinkies may disappear.

And it is amazing that they do always taste kinda stale, that may be normal for them.

horty Wed, Sep-22-04 13:14

Good, see ya

cc48510 Wed, Sep-22-04 13:37

I don't remember for sure if I've ever eaten a Twinkie. I think I ate them once or twice, but didn't like the taste. As for Wonder Bread, I don't think I've ever eaten that, except maybe if a Restraunt used it on a Sandwich or something. I used to buy the cheapest White Bread available, because IMHO they all taste the same. As for White Bread vs. Whole Grains...when it comes to Sliced Breads, I now prefer Whole Grains (Whole Wheat and Rye are both good.) But, Whole Grain Biscuits, Croissants, and Doughnuts just aren't as good as the White Flour ones.

I tried making some Whole Grain Spelt/Sugar-Free/Baked Doughnuts once sometime back. They actually didn't taste too bad [not as good as Dunkin Donuts/Krispy Kreme, though,] but the texture was too hard and they were hard to swallow. I might try it again sometime with Rye, and see how it comes out. Maybe use some Wheat Protein Isolate and see if I can make it Low-Carb also.

Quinadal Wed, Sep-22-04 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

I remember having a few Twinkies when I was a kid... but never in my life did I have a fresh one. They were always stale.

How can you tell?? :p

angeljandy Wed, Sep-22-04 14:24

Never liked twinkies and I'm certainly not pained to see them go! Good Riddance if you ask me!
Angel J.

Galadriell Wed, Sep-22-04 14:26

I have just read financial news a couple of days ago about the decreasing stock prices of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.... Blaming LC too....

AndreaBash Wed, Sep-22-04 14:58

OK... I admit it. I love twinkies and just about any hostess product, which is why I never ever ever buy them.

My sister once drove her car off an embankment and right into a corn field while chasing someone who stole an box of Ding Dongs from her. She is a size 6. :)

laurenra Wed, Sep-22-04 16:27

Yep. as I stated on the other thread. It is all my fault. Man, I loved my twinkies & wonder bread. And I couldnt figure out why I was 70 pounds overweight! Duh~ They must have had something in them that messed with my brain! :-)

CindyG Wed, Sep-22-04 17:57

Andrea - I'm afraid I would have done the same thing as your sister!

My very good friend Helen and I used to consider spliting a box of ho ho's a meal! She is still very trim.... how'd she get away with it?? I'll never know!

Moonwalker Thu, Sep-23-04 04:19

good, that crap is loaded with TransFat... i hope i never see another twinkie ever again.

clark004 Thu, Sep-23-04 04:44

Ya know the company will be back with a brand new product: low carb Twinkies! :lol: