Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   4 lbs lost the first 3 days..WOW, I'm sold! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=202695)

byebye30 Wed, Aug-11-04 08:12

Last night was my best dinner so far and kept me satisfied until I went to bed with no desire to snack. Here is the recipe if you want to try it...
I took (1) "Buena Vida" low carb, whole wheat tortilla=7g carb subtract the 3g of dietary fiber for a total of 4g of carbs. I put inside of that 3 slices of montery jack pepper cheese=0g carb, then 4 sausage links=og carbs, topped with 1/4 of a cup of the "Carb options" ragu sauce=3g carbs. It made a DELICIOUS low carb meal that tasted like pizza for a total of 7g of carbs. It really filled me up and I didn't need anything the rest of the night. Try it! I think you'll like it.
F.Y.I.: If your confused about what I did to get the carb count for the tortilla, my friend from work told me that when you read the label of a product you take the total carb and you subtract the dietary fiber. You don't have to count the "dietary fiber".

CompChick Thu, Aug-12-04 03:33

byebye30,

Oh I know your concerns, I have them as well!! It does take sometime to get used to it all but I am confident, just like any other diet I have been on that this one will also chill after I get to understand it better. Its like taking a course, learning something new everyday. I just try to relax more with it and understand this weight was not put on in a day, neither will I take it off that fast either...I would suggest putting together a menu plan on Sunday for the rest of the week, that may help you to get some of this off you mind. I was thinking of doing the same thing. This way I will free up some time for the family too and myself!! I have to do all the cooking. My daughter is on here too and she is doing the plan as well, she doesnt cook though...which makes it harder on me with all the planning and the dishes besides!! I think its all in how we organize ourselves and take out a certain part of your day to pick up new recipes, research what tips from others as well. I am even thinking of doing some of the cooking for the whole week on Sundays so it allows me more time. Right now I am having a real hard time squeezing in excersize....how are you doing on that part?

Nola

byebye30 Thu, Aug-12-04 06:44

Dear Compchick,

I haven't began an exercise routine yet. I am a waitress/hostess, 3 nights a week, and I'm on the move for the 6 hours each time I'm there. We get pretty busy. I am thinking about beginning a walking routine around my neighborhood though, maybe 3 times a week, or so.
I have begun to cook some food ahead of time as you had mentioned, and it does come in handy. I have to feed 3 other people in my family, "Normal foods", so I really don't want to spend a ton of time making myself something extra.
This past week I bought some sharp cheese and pre-sliced it all, so it's a quick snack to grab. I also cooked up a whole lb. of the turkey bacon and had it on hand to add to eggs in the morning. I did the same with a pkg. of sausage links and froze them in pkgs. of 4 to a pack. I split a jar of low carb. sauce into freezer bags aand froze it, so it wouldn't go bad before I used it all. Have quick ready made food helps ALOT. I think that if we have to wait too long while we're hungry, we might grab something that we're not supposed to have.
Well, I'll be leaving for a 3 day vacation today. Wish me luck! We will be eating out several times. This will be my first time eating out since I started and we will be going to one of my favorite restaurants. I feel confident, though. I've already thought about what I'm going to order, so I don't have to stare at the menu too long.ha,ha!
Do you have any good meal or snack ideas to share? I bought a stick of pepperoni and a block of Montery Jack pepper cheese the other day. I sliced several pieces of the pepperoni (o grams) and put a little low carb sauce (3 grams)on it then heated it in the micro. Then I sprinkled parm. cheese(o grams) on top and ate it with a few slices of the mont pepper cheese. It tasted good and satisfied my taste for pizza and only cost my 3 grams of carbs.
I'll be back on Sunday...... :wave: