Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   so much protein, so much urination (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=19695)

Raven Thu, Sep-13-01 12:02

Quote:
I've heard that once your body adjusts, it's not as bad though.

That's true! During the first few days, I was in the potty every 20 minutes, no exaggerating. Now, after a few weeks, I don't go any more often than I did before I started this WOL and I'm drinking a good 3 liters of water a day.

bluugirl Thu, Sep-13-01 12:21

true true..same with me.

Joanna Thu, Sep-13-01 14:17

Bedtime in the bathroom

Hi KarN,

I've been at this for two weeks now (down 6 pounds -- yippee!), but I've noticed the same thing you were mentioning. I don't know what causes it -- I try to finish drinking all my water by suppertime to avoid getting up in the night, but sometimes not only am I running to the bathroom a few times before I go to sleep, I'm getting up two or three times too.

Weird. :confused:

Meeker Thu, Sep-13-01 15:47

I'm terribly sorry for this...

*My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the tiiime!*

maestra Thu, Sep-13-01 18:06

On the topic of coffee. . . over the years my stomach has gotten increasingly intolerant of it. I rarely drink regular coffee and more than one cup at a time will make me feel absolutely miserable. But I don't have any problem with capuccino. I drink one almost every morning. Maybe because the quantity of the espresso is so small? I should get decaf - i just don't think of it. I don't care about caffeine, only the lovely taste.

Raven Thu, Sep-13-01 19:59

ROFL Meeker!

I got the decaf and I'm not missing the caffeinated coffee anymore. At least once the caffeine withdrawal was over with. Can't believe I can actually be AWAKE in the morning without caffeine. Amazing.

jverhale Fri, Sep-14-01 07:16

caffine

Today is my third day without caffine coffee. I've been drinking decafe and I really miss it. It really gave me a sense of satisfaction. I feel ill, like I've got a bug coming on... I switched to decaf because I've stalled. I'm hoping this will get things moving again. Has anyone else switched to decaf and noticed the weight coming off better:q:

Karen Fri, Sep-14-01 08:52

Quote:
I switched to decaf because I've stalled.

Fourteen pounds in five weeks is GREAT!

jverhale, have you thought about keeping a Journal in the Journal section? Weight loss can be slower with a program that is higher in carbohydrates like Schwarzbein.

Do a bit of research on the Glycemic Index. You can still remain true to the plan you have chosen while doing a few tweaks here and there.

Karen

Homegirl Fri, Sep-14-01 10:06

Not for me!

Back in February, I started to keep track of how much water I was drinking in a day. Back then I used to drink a cereal beverage like postum in the morning and water. I was able to drink about 2 L of water a day.

When I started Atkins in late July I increased my water intake and cut out the cereal beverage entirely and now only drink herb tea if I get the urge. I really do prefer water. Besides, I had suspected that the cereal beverage was contributing to the stall I was on.

Anyway, I now drink anywhere between 5 to 6 liters of water a day.

The unfortunate thing is that I am in the bathroom constantly. Everyone notices. It doesn't bother me too much except if I am out at a place where there is no bathroom available :) ! That's the part that can get a little tricky because when you gotta go you gotta go! I had a very bad bladder infection back when I was in university and I have found that ever since then I seem to have a weak bladder. Always have to get up at least once a night to go potty!

So, I guess, I am saying that for some of us increased water means increased potty stops and our bodies do NOT adjust and let us hold more!

Just remember to buy extra TP :D