Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Progress percentage icon (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=18737)

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 21:25

O.k. 7 it is.

And here are a few variations of 7:

1. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:yellow; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

2. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

3. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:lightyellow; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

4. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:darkyellow; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

5. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:gray; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

6. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=orange, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

7. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

doreen T Mon, Sep-03-01 22:39

(background colour #ff9900)

1. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:11pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=#ff9900, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> .. 11 pt, bold

<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=#ff9900, strength=4)">User Name</div></font> .. 12 pt, regular
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(background colour #ffcc99)

3. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:11pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=#ffcc99, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> .. 11 pt, bold

4. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:teal; filter:Glow(color=#ffcc99, strength=4)">User Name</div></font> ... 12 pt, regular

5. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:11pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> ... 11 pt, bold

6. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> ... 12 pt, bold

(letter colour #ffcc99)

7. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:11pt; color:#ffcc99; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> ... 11 pt, bold

8. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:#ffcc99; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)"><b>User Name</b></div></font> ... 12 pt, bold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knda like 3 and 5 ....

<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:11pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)"><b>Doreen</b></div></font>

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 22:50

I'll vote for 3! :)

Wa'il

fiona Mon, Sep-03-01 23:57

U missed one Wa'il

Wow! This is getting better and better and better still.

Love all the changes. Keep coming across new threads re: different aspects of improvements. Love the percentages. ... must remember to update my profile.

I must say I just lovvvvvvve User Name No. 1 best. I kept making up my mind as I worked my way down the thread but the final options are way way better that the first ones. The last No 1 is fantastic.

And I love it that you put an explanation "Meat Points" on it too.
However I reckon there ought to be another Meat Point. One for the Member Voted best person on Board. And that should be a big red (or maybe GOLD) Star. I am wondering where my vote would go : Wail or Doreen? Wa'il at the moment I think.
Take care.

tamarian Tue, Sep-04-01 00:06

Re: U missed one Wa'il

Quote:
Originally posted by fiona
I am wondering where my vote would go : Wail or Doreen? Wa'il at the moment I think.
Take care.

That sounds fair, since I'll nominate Doreen :)

I'm a bit reluctant to implement anything like "member ratings" It's doable, but I'm not sure if it's friendly. :)

Wa'il

Karen Tue, Sep-04-01 00:11

I'm pretty boring, so I liked the plain black for names the best. The left hand side is starting to look really busy...

I agree with Wa'il about the member ratings. Everyone who contributes to the forum is a star. :D

Karen

wenderwomn Tue, Sep-04-01 05:53

Neat changes! I'm just posting to see if my percentages showed up. ;)

How about a spot in our profiles for inches lost? I'd love to put that in there too. Is it doable? :D

Wendy

Jenyphur Tue, Sep-04-01 08:58

Love the new progress indicator!!!

Thanks for all your hard work here.

Jennifer

tamarian Tue, Sep-04-01 09:46

Quote:
Originally posted by wenderwomn
Neat changes! I'm just posting to see if my percentages showed up. ;)

How about a spot in our profiles for inches lost? I'd love to put that in there too. Is it doable? :D

Hi Wendy ,

Do you mean for total inches lost, or per measurement? We can add a field or several fields for inches lost, but we will have a problem totalling them, as it differes for male and femail.

Wa'il

doreen T Tue, Sep-04-01 10:24

hmmm .....

I suppose inches lost could be an optional field on the member's profile page ... but I agree with Wa'il .. would be hard to cover all the parameters. Some folks are only measuring chest/waist/hip. Others are tracking upper body and/or lower body ... with wild variations ... And some folks choose not to measure girth at all, and just go by weight, whether or not others feel it's the best guide for themselves.

Also, if you mean to have the total inches lost show with as an Award thingy ... again we run into the problem of someone who is petite and struggles to lose 10" appears to be less successful than someone larger who loses 20".

Personally, I think a journal in the Bootcamp is a great place to track measurements. ;)

Doreen

Natrushka Tue, Sep-04-01 10:32

<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

I like this one. :)

wenderwomn Tue, Sep-04-01 12:49

Quote:
I suppose inches lost could be an optional field on the member's profile page ... but I agree with Wa'il .. would be hard to cover all the parameters. Some folks are only measuring chest/waist/hip. Others are tracking upper body and/or lower body ... with wild variations ... And some folks choose not to measure girth at all, and just go by weight, whether or not others feel it's the best guide for themselves.

I meant a space for total inches lost so far, no matter how they choose to measure. ;) It's great to see the progression of weight loss, but I count inches too. For example so far I've lost 28 lbs. and 23 inches total (I measure bust, waist, hips, thighs, calves & upper arms). Even if someone only measures bust, waist & hips, they could still enter their total inches lost to date according to the measurements they take. I do track mine in my journal too though, so I suppose it's not necessary to have it in the profile. It was just a thought. ;)

Wendy

tamarian Tue, Sep-04-01 12:59

Hi Wendy,

It's a very good thought, don't give up on me yet! :) I just want to get it right.

Currently we have the following in user profiles:

Start Weight:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:

- What you'r saying is to have something like this:

Choice A: 3 fields:

Start Measurements:
Current Measurements:
Goal Measurements:

Or,

Choice B: 1 field

Inches lost:

Or,

Choice C: Lots of fields

Start Waist
Current Waist

And the same for Hips, Arms, Thighs, Chest

--

I prefer measurements over weight personally, so if we find a good way to present the information, I'm all for it. Let's give it some thought, and brainstorm to find a good solution. This could be a great!

Wa'il

Norma June Tue, Sep-04-01 20:00

I like number 7 (3)

User Name

Simone2S Tue, Sep-04-01 20:22

Poll

I like #7 as well.

Wa'il, I don't know if I am blind or what. No wonder you are so knowledgeable about everything on this site. I never noticed the webmaster under your sign in name.

Duh!!! YOU GO GIRL.

All of these icons and the like are such great motivators. I can't wait to have a percentage on mine and at the rate I am going (becoming addicted to this site), I'll have steak on the right before you know it :-)
Quote:
Plan your work and work your plan