Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   In Need Of A Diet Buddy. Anyone Interested? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=186752)

scrapgirl Tue, May-25-04 13:19

Hey guys...I saw this post and I am always looking for new buddies. I have been LC since 03/03/04 and have lost 14lbs. I have a journal here and post everyday. I too and in a computer job so I have access to the forum on and off all day! Drop by my journal anytime!!

nfb02001 Tue, May-25-04 13:35

How about this... anyone who is interested in having a group of e-mail buddies, leave you e-mail address here or e-mail it to me (nicoleATdelirityDOTcom). Later today I'll send an e-mail out to everyone to start us out.

LisaAC Tue, May-25-04 14:13

Thanks Claudius. I know each board is different. :)

I was also noticing your nickname. Have you by chance ever seen the PBS special of the play "I Claudius" ? Was very interesting if you like theatre.
Oedipus Rex, on the other hand, well..... :)

supernova Tue, May-25-04 14:41

Over here! Over here! I need an Atkins buddy, too!!! :hyper:

(I'm driving my non-atkins buddies CRAZY with Atkins talk. :lol:

LisaAC Tue, May-25-04 15:09

WOW!!, when I started this thread I had no idea there would be so many wanting buddies. This is so great!!! :)

supernova Tue, May-25-04 15:25

oops - forgot to add - my e-addy is bythelake444 at hotmail dot com :D

Claudius Tue, May-25-04 15:27

Lisa, Indeed I saw that special on I Claudius but I think here in Canada I caugth it on Masterpiece Theatre or something like it... loved it however although it certainly did show some of the extremes of a people gone right over the top! I blame it all on lead poisoning!! My dad is a Latin and ancient Greek fanatic and thus my name... go figure. You think I would have gotten something like Marcus or maybe Brutus... but noooooo. LOL.

NFB02001 - great idea to take the initiative. Sign me up as well. Email is
claudius1970~hotmail.com

LisaAC Tue, May-25-04 16:05

Claudius, I think it was on Masterpiece Theatre, but it was shown on PBS (public broadcasting network) that we have here. :)

hmm..I didn't know about the lead, but I remember the old saying "mad as a hatter" That saying stemmed from the fact that hat makers used mercury in hat making and most would end up with mercury poisioning. Hense, the wildness.

Claudius Tue, May-25-04 16:49

LisaAC... ahh mercury -- how sweet it is. I can't believe how long it's been since I heard the Mad as a Hatter and the connection of Mercury poisoning -- the "Hatter's Shakes" from breathing in those lovely fumes – those poor souls. Glad to see someone as historically adept as you :).

In regards to the lead... it was widely believed its widespread use in antiquity to have been at the root of the fall of the Roman Empire. Theories abound... but the heavy metal poisoning is what I stick with -- I always forget to mention the sloth and gluttony part... the rampant orgies, the nymphomania, adultery and incest... ouch! Yeah it was lead.. LOL. Dang I am hungry now.

LisaAC Tue, May-25-04 18:17

And of course, let's not forget the ever popular "diet plan" back then, well at least during the battle fests. The vomitorium. (well, actually there is some question as to whether it was really used for that, but that's what I was told in highschool) :)

As for being historically adept, I'm rusty. LMAO. Very rusty on my ancient history. Now Greek Mythology, on the other hand :) Or Egyptology for that matter, has a soft place in my heart. :) I've got a metal Anubis statue in my house that has a place in back for a candle. When you light the candle his eyes shine. I love it. And a former college mate was from Egypt. He gave me a metal scarab before I left. :) I'll always treasure that one.

As for you being named Claudius, I think it's neat. :) Have you ever thought of asking him the reason you were named that? Heck, I'd be curious.

LisaAC Wed, May-26-04 06:46

OK, Private message is now working. Anyone interested in a diet buddy is welcome to pm me or email me. :)

My email is: DietBuddy9 at hotmail.com

Claudius, I think I would enjoy a history chat. I don't find too many people to talk show with. :) I am finding out there is so much to learn as well. However, I do have two friends that are into researching things big time. :) Unfortunately, I don't get to see them as often.

maximus76 Wed, May-26-04 12:13

:wave: i need buddy too,
i am in SF, CA, anyone from around CA, or anywhere in the world so we could exchange tips where to shop and what to buy fro around here?
i am 27, 265 lbs, and my goal weight is 200 lbs (at least),
let's help each other out.
email: dexter43224 at yahoo.com

Erami03 Wed, May-26-04 13:26

Also in need of a buddy

Hi there! I am new here and also looking for a buddy. :D

I've been on the Atkins before and had a 20lb success BUTTTTTTT
My actual goal is to loose about 60lbs now. I'm looking forward to the new me! and hope to find that support here?

snburch Wed, May-26-04 13:46

I'm always looking for a busy group to chat with! snburch at sbcglobal.net if there is still a list to be added to.

I spent 19 years in San Diego, CA, but now reside in North Texas. I miss home, but hope to make a trip back next year to visit family and friends.

wagnwail Fri, Jul-09-04 14:48

I would love to have a buddy

I am 3 weeks into this and also need encouragement. :help: I would love to have a Diet Buddy!