Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New "reduced carb" pepsi and coke (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182836)

MsTwacky Thu, May-06-04 13:45

I agree with the sucralose-if they really want to jump on the LowCarb bandwagon they should change from aspertame. Aside from that it reminds me of that pepsi one that they had last year. :p

poisinivy Thu, May-06-04 14:22

I think they want to charge more for a can of soda, because all these other companies are able to put a large price tag on their "low carb" foods when it's no more difficult to make and package the lc stuff than it is the regular crap. Coke and Pepsi just want in on the dollars IMO.

Lipid Thu, May-06-04 14:40

Before I started low carb I used to wish that Coke would make a version with half the sugar of the reg. coke....now it doesn't matter to me as I have gotten used to Diet Rite and 20 carbs is out of the question for me right now, and so is eating more than traces of sugar in a product.

Perhaps once I am on maintenance this would appeal to me as an occasional treat when I really would like a coke, but then again, I'd be afraid that if it tastes good I'd try to make a habit of it and I don't want to do that.

snburch Thu, May-06-04 14:59

Doesn't bother me in the least that they are coming out with it. I'm all about choices. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole at this point, but in the future, during maintenance, I would like the option of trying one.

I'll never go back to the Pepsi-holic that I was in the past. I do drink an occassional diet coke or pepsi one with dinner, but it just isn't the same. I'd luv to have something that taste closer to the "real" stuff.

lightforce Thu, May-06-04 15:12

I just read about this in our paper and it said that Splenda is used as the sugar in to why it will be low carb.

Vanity3 Wed, May-26-04 07:39

Update

Radio Included in Coca-Cola C2 Marketing Roll-Out
www.rab.com

Coca-Cola C2, with half the carbohydrates, calories and sugar of regular cola, and "all the great taste" of Coca-Cola, this week was introduced to the United States at festivities in Los Angeles, featuring appearances by Paula Abdul and Ryan Seacrest. The Coca-Cola Company unveiled marketing plans for the new soft drink, that include the debut of a television commercial during the finals of American Idol on FOX this week. The ad uses the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

A second ad featuring "I Want to Break Free" by Queen will hit the air in July. Both ads show people enjoying spontaneous, liberating moments in life, representing the freedom to enjoy a cola with fewer carbs and calories without compromising on taste.

"We're responding again to what our consumers are telling us they want," said Don Knauss, president and chief operating officer, Coca-Cola North America. "Today's consumers are looking for choices that fit their lifestyles. They want to keep enjoying the special cola taste that Coca-Cola delivers, but with the option of a lower-carb, lower-cal soft drink. Coca-Cola C2 gives that freedom of choice."

Experiential sampling teams will hit the streets this week to offer people their first taste of Coca-Cola C2, with first stops in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Chicago and Miami. Employees of the Coca-Cola system across the U.S. also will be given a case of Coca-Cola C2 to share with family and friends. In total, more than 12 million samples of the soft drink are expected to be handed out during the launch.

The new brand will begin showing up on store shelves across the U.S. in early June. Coca-Cola C2 was first unveiled to consumers in Japan on May 18, and will be available there on June 7.

An integrated marketing campaign will support the U.S. roll-out, including television, radio, outdoor, cinema and Internet advertising. Advertising will carry the tagline "Half the carbs. Half the cals. All the great taste."

The packaging graphics feature the familiar Coca-Cola trademark in black on a "Coca-Cola red" background, to provide a distinctive visual difference between Coca-Cola C2 and the flagship brand, Coca-Cola classic. Some packages will carry a special silver foil label, to enhance the design and distinction. Original point-of-sale merchandising featuring additional graphics also has been developed for in-store activation.

Coca-Cola C2 will be available immediately in 20-ounce PET bottles and 12-ounce cans, including special 8 and 18-can multi-packs. Coca-Cola C2 also will be offered at fountain soon after the launch of the bottle/can packaging.

In the past two years, The Coca-Cola Company has introduced four new products in the cola category -- Vanilla Coke (2002), Diet Vanilla Coke (2002), Diet Coke with Lemon (2001), and, most recently, Diet Coke with Lime (2004).

mssusthang Wed, May-26-04 08:32

It still has that nasty high fructose corn syrup in it ... POISON! No thanks.

If it was ALL splenda ... then I might consider it. As it stands ... no way.

Quest Wed, May-26-04 08:34

I feel sorry for people who love the taste of regular Coke so much that they can't substitute Diet Coke.

cc48510 Wed, May-26-04 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris
They need to reformulate the diet version and make it with Splenda IMO. I cannot use aspartame but miss my Pepsi.

They could just release their Slurpee Formula in Cans. It has 3.6g CHO and 7.2 kcal per 12 ounces, and most of those Carbs are Tagatose and Erythritol, which are Nonglycemic and only 37.5% and 5.0% Absorbed respectively. Of course, they could take the Sugar Alcohols [which are used to give it a proper consistency when frozen] out since it will be a liquid beverage.