Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Cheating in May Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182174)

nycgirl_73 Tue, May-04-04 10:03

Thanks missaec!
I would love to join this challenge! this may be the thing a cheater like me needs. My problem seems to be psychological: after I exercise I somehow convince myself, by telling myself: "well it won't hurt you to eat that slice of pound cake, after all your body needs the energy/carbs since you just had an 90 minute workout"! WRONG WRONG WRONG! I just sabotaged the 700 calories I just burned! What gives??? Hopefully this thread/challenge will encourage me and all of us here to stay in line. We can offer each other tips and come here when we hit a roadblock!

crysania Tue, May-04-04 10:08

I think I will join up as well if you will have me :)
I work alot (and overnights to boot!) so I tend not to have the time that I would like to have to prepare foods.. and the kitchen looks pretty pitiful right now
not to mention that it used to be habit on the weekends me and my mom would go out shopping and then grab a bite to eat somewhere.. old habits are hard to break :/
another problem that I am not gonna promise to get rid of is I have to much cafine both in diet soda and coffee somtimes thats the only thing that keeps me awake at work all night (I sit in an tiny office alone and count money all night.. its very repitive & boring) though I have no problems leaving the candy jar alone at least :)

anyways my goals are:
cut back the caffine 1 cup of coffee a day perferably
not to eat out (I don't have the money to do that anyways!)
try to keep the kitchen stocked

I really would like to see my weight drop (below 200 preferably) but since I am doing BFL i am not expecting it to (it hasn't budged since I started three weeks ago)
sorry for rambling its noon, I been up 24 hours.. I need to go to bed!

missaec Tue, May-04-04 11:12

Welcome everyone new! I'm so glad so many of you are interested! :) It's so hard to stay cheat free sometimes when high-carb foods are sooo much more convenient. Here's an idea to maybe help all of us cut back!

Premaking food and then freezing it. Premade food will keep for quite awhile. Just take an afternoon and make some meals for the week and all you have to do is heat them up. I'm aaaall about the convenience. Sometimes if I don't want to cook and there's nothing I can eat already made.. I just don't eat. I guess I can get away with that because I rarely get really hungry, but stil.. Just an idea!

I've also been cheat free since May 1! On April 30, I went to a restaurant and got everything as low-carb as possible and then got one of those fried onion things with a ranch sauce instead of the normal sauce that comes with it. I used all of my carbs that day easily on that, but I still count it as a cheat. :( But it was sooo good. Mmm

nycgirl_73 Tue, May-04-04 11:21

When i don't have my meals planned out I am destined to cheat! Last night I made my lunch for today! (and remembered to bring it to work) It definitely helps when you pre-plan what you're going to eat!
Lunch:
6oz. of Tuna with mayo and chopped tomato, 1 part-skim mozzarella string cheese, 2-8oz glasses of water!

Akasha Tue, May-04-04 16:37

So many people! Yay!

This is a great time to have this challenge as TOM is approuching and I ALWAYS cheat during TOM. Chocolate is my weak spot. If I can just make it through this next week without falling off the wagon. Wish me luck, everyone!

Kristine Tue, May-04-04 16:52

Hey all! How's today going?

Today was an easy day for me: being at the dentist left me in no mood to eat. :( I hate getting my teeth cleaned! :mad:

Crysania, coffee and diet pop is my weakness, too. :rolleyes: Every time I try to cut back, it creeps back in pretty fast. I can't help thinking of it as a freebie.

Paris Tue, May-04-04 16:54

I made it through! I had some nasty cravings this afternoon, especially being amidst the pastries at B&N, but I beat them!

:idea: Paris

gachic05 Tue, May-04-04 19:16

I had no cravings today! It felt great.

addictmeHM Tue, May-04-04 20:22

No cravings AT ALL. I'm feeling good and things are starting to look better since Sunday when I had a bunch of carb-laden sweets. (i.e. the scale is dropping back to my normal weight). Today for dinner I had some brocolli and ranch dressing, meat wraps, which I take big pieces of lettuce and put a slice of cold turkey on it, cover the turkey in mayo and then put some shredded cheese on it and maybe add some cream cheese or another layer of lettuce to that, then I wrap it up, it ends up being a huge roll. They are yummy! :D And with the types of things I use it ends up being a total of 1g of carbs per wrap! I had some cottage cheese too... does anyone know if they make a low-carb cottage cheese? I love the stuff and eat it when I want a snack, it holds me over well, but I wish it was lower than 4g of carbs per 1/2 cup serving. Total carbs for the day ended at 20g. Total calories: 1,895.

Good luck everyone!

xvxwickdxv Tue, May-04-04 22:40

I did well today. Things are so emotional in my house right now but I have decided that exercise will probably be the better way to get through them.

We have a two type food household. SO is not low carbing, nor does he need it, so I cook regular for him. My dd is watching her carbs but you know she's a teen so really doesn't need to, but this WOE is teaching her a better, more balanced way to eat. I am strictly LC.

Before this WOE my way of consolling myself was through food. Today I did the stairmaster for 30 min, did 1.10 miles on the treadmill then came home and did a FIRM tape. Normally I have a protein shake after I work out and that takes the edge off, but things got a little crazy and I forgot because I got involved in that.

I know when I do start to get cravings, one of my most favorite things to do is find a new recipe to make, that keeps me busy and gives me something to eat later on, lol.

missaec Tue, May-04-04 23:25

I had a craving for onions earlier.. which is weird. But I read that I can eat them, so I went and got an omelet with some in it. Mmm.. It's weird. I used to hate onions.

Paris Wed, May-05-04 07:09

I had weird cravings last night and then dreamed that I ate carbage. Needless to say, I awoke paniced. But all is well and I am feeling so much better. I have a ton of energy and I feel ready to tackle the day.

missaec Wed, May-05-04 11:24

Ohh I have dreams about food all the time! I dreamed about mashed potatoes when I first started. Now my dreams are starting to be more low-carb. heh But anytime I dream I cheat, I wake up and feel like I really did.

addictmeHM Wed, May-05-04 12:43

I'm doing good so far today... I am craving a bit of something sweet, i'll have to figure out what to do and get my mind off of food or else i'll do something i'm going to regret... I can do this! :D

addictmeHM Wed, May-05-04 14:24

To conquer my 'sweet tooth' I ended up having a nice big salad with cold turkey and a lot of mayo mixed up in it. I also had a bit of philly cream cheese. Yum! Cravings, gone instantly. :D