Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   all these low carb products. which do you like? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180337)

Nancy LC Sat, Apr-24-04 08:34

Quote:
-i tried the keto pudding yesterday... a LOT like instant pudding unfortunately, but does satisfy the sweet tooth for very few calories and very few carbs

Oh my! I tried the chocolate once. It was horrid! It tasted nothing like chocolate and it had the consistency of mucus. I just shiver thinking of it.

binki Sat, Apr-24-04 08:56

My faves:
* Flax-O-Meal hot cereals
* Keto shake mixes
* Heinz One-Carb! I finally tried this yesterday and it jumped straight onto the list. I've enjoyed my veggie burgers with ranch dressing, but it's just not the same.
* Gardenburger Chik'N Grills
* Heavy creeeeeeeeam!
* Homemade yogurt made with half & half and cream, sweetened with:
* Da Vinci syrups

myagenda Sat, Apr-24-04 09:10

I like the Atkins bake mix. I use it for hot wings, waffles, and some other misc. things. I also like the shakes, but I don't use them too often, a 4 pack lasts me two monts. They are good for very rushed mornings. Once in awhile around TOM I get an Atkins caramel nut chew, it keeps me from cheating. I try to stay away from frankenfoods though and they do cause me not to lose weight.

el123 Sat, Apr-24-04 09:15

haha yeah, that keto pudding... not so good. but i added quite a lot of extra stuff to it to disguise the weird consistency!

i actually have a question for people... anyone tried the keto ketatos? i have been craving mashed potatos, but all these products are expensive, and i'm not buying them if they're no good! i also don't have time to make the cauliflower mashed potatos, so i'm looking for a quick fix!

Samuel Sat, Apr-24-04 10:02

If you like chocolate, Z-Carb chocolate is the safest you can eat. No matter how you look at it, a bar of Z-Carb chocolate contains under half a carb. It uses the sugar alcohol Erythritol which the body absorbs only 5% of.

Here is the carb count:

Erythritol: .... 8 grams
Inulin (Fiber): 8 grams
.................. ---------
Total: ......... 16 grams

It may still cause you to stop losing weight. However, if it does, the reason could not be related to carbs intake.

luisa Sat, Apr-24-04 13:15

z-carb bars are the best

I use some different products, but not too many, mostly due to cost as much as worrying about it slowing me down. I like the russell stover pecan delights too, but if money was no object it would be z-carb chocolate bars all the way. They are $1.99 at the local convenience store, but russell stover is sometimes .50 on sale. Too much except for as a treat.

Kris2 Sat, Apr-24-04 14:38

Heinz 1 carb ketchup and Carb Options b-b-q sauce are my must haves!

orchidday Sat, Apr-24-04 14:42

I really like the low-carb tortillas, peanut butter, and Dannon low-carb yogurt. The candy is good but stalls me like a demon!

Orchid

blue4lemon Sat, Apr-24-04 15:37

The Z Carb bars taste is really strong, and I don't particularly like it. Like a very bitter dark chocolate. The macadamia was good though.

Lobstergal Sat, Apr-24-04 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy54
Well personally speaking I find most of them unnessecary and extremly over priced.

I have to agree.

My fav low carb *products* are.....

meat
fish
poultry
LC veggies such as greens, broccoli, etc.
olive oil
water
low glycemic fruits

sinistress Sat, Apr-24-04 22:05

I have to have

slim fast lc shakes....chocolate (have one for breakfast every morning)
Diet code red
hersheys 1 carb with almonds (as an occassional treat)

DerBlumers Sun, Apr-25-04 00:41

Atkins RTD Shakes...Chocolate Royale and Creamy Vanilla. But...I only have a couple ounces in coffee every day....I never drink a whole one at a time, so the shakes last quite awhile.

Asher's Liquid Caramel candy bar....one carb....I only eat one a week...

LC Protein Bars: Either Atkins advantage cookies & cream; CarbWise, CarbMinders, or Strive S'mores; or Odyssey Fudge or Caramel.....and I limit myself to two per week in place of a meal when I'm on the run.

CarbOptions Whipped Dressing...it's a dead ringer for Miracle Whip, which I missed TERRIBLY!!!

I'm currently trying out the LC tortillas and ice cream, but haven't found any I really like yet. If I could find Heinz one carb ketchup I would buy it YESTERDAY....I've been looking for it and haven't seen it yet.

LindaLang Sun, Apr-25-04 09:41

A Few are good

I like the Hoods Carb Countdown Milk, the BlueBunny Yogurt, and the various ice creams, Carb Smart except the strawberry and mint chip, The new Blue Bunny low carb ice cream :) is good and the z carb candies. I like the Ice cream novelties buy Carb Smart and Blue Bunny Also. The Carb Smart Alfrado sauce was pretty good and so was the p-nut butter. The low carb syrups mixed with seltzer water can make some new flavors for soft drinks also. My husband and I both like the Briars Root Beer but it is pricy and hard to find. There is a new store in Duluth GA that has a good selection of different items called LoCarb Superstore. They carry some cheese covered pork rinds that are good as well as some of the hard to find candies like choc-covered cherries. (manitol)

slawrie Sun, Apr-25-04 09:56

carb countdown milk!!!!

I love Carb/countdown milk. The regular is great. Now I can have Atkins Cereal. The Morning Start is good. Also the Chocolate milk is good heated up. I have that instead of tea in the evening. My treat. It seems to last forever in the fridge. I have to go into the states to get mine, so I stock up. I'm just finishing one that has been in the fridge for 3 weeks. Just check the date stamp when you buy it.
Also the Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bars are so good you could die!!!! 4 carbs. Good luck to you. Suzanne

wisdomom Sun, Apr-25-04 10:41

I love the Blue Bunny and Atkins Endulge ice cream bars! Also the Blue Bunny yogurt. I have a jar of Carb Smart Alfredo sauce, but can't decide what I want to put it on. I also loved the Russell Stover chocolates my daughter gave me for Easter.