Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Protein Power (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Protein Power Pals - Monday - March 23th (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174365)

Songberrie Tue, Mar-23-04 14:29

Hey Unity, I'm going to Washington this weekend, I'll wave to ya!

Songberrie Tue, Mar-23-04 14:31

Can anyone tell me what's up with these eggs under my name?

BawdyWench Tue, Mar-23-04 15:09

It shows how many posts you've done. Click on one and a pop-up window will display that shows the various levels. I'm a steak!

eightc Tue, Mar-23-04 17:09

Guess I better explain my "tweaking" a little bit :)

I am still eating basically the same way I started, but I get stressed, or bored, or in the mood to cook, and then I start looking for something to eat. I am eating good choices, just afraid too much food. So, I start out by doing fitday for the following day and calories are about 1500. By the end of that day, after adding everything in, I end up at 1900-2000 calories. I am still losing weight or inches, but very slowly! So I keep reading these posts that talk about watching calories and figure I must be doing something wrong. My carbs net out to between 25-35. Percentages are 70-25-5.

Still very happy with WOE and not really changing anything, just worried that I should worry more about calories?? Left over mind set from dieting and low-fat??? :wiggle:

Thanks again!!
Carrie

WendyOH Tue, Mar-23-04 17:15

Bawdy-I didn't realize that was a steak! I always thought it was a sneaker, but I guess a steak would make a heck of a lot more sense:)

Carrie-It seems to me that if you are still losing (albeit slowly), then you have nothing to worry about. When I kept to that low of carbs, I had to eat as many calories as you minimum just to get satisfied. I found that as soon as I got my carbs in the 60g-ish range, that I was content at much lower calorie levels. I also found that I was better able to keep my calories lower when I kept the protein level high. If I ate less than 100g of protein per day, I just couldn't turn off the hunger. But I felt much more in control when I'd have between 110 and 130g.

eightc Tue, Mar-23-04 17:30

Wendy-Thanks for the ideas. I think you got it right-I just dont feel satisfied.
I just got the CAD book last night-is that working well for you?
Were you afraid to add RM? Scares me to death that I will put the weight back on, go out of control, etc..
Thanks, CArrie

WendyOH Tue, Mar-23-04 17:47

Carrie-(My little sis is also a Carrie, spelled just the same:) Yes, I was incredibly scared about gaining with the RM. I've now been doing CAD for 2 weeks and am currently 1 lb above where I was when starting. My intention was to maintain, so 1 lb is definitely in a safe range. Also, I went a little out of control a couple times last week, having an entire pint of ice cream with a pasta dinner. Definitely neglecting to balance my RM and eat in moderation. Since then I've gotten back into control and am figuring out how I want this to work. I am surprised with how I've given up snacking, gum, and diet rite the most. I only eat 3 times per day now, and am very strict at my breakfasts and lunches. Every night I have a grain, but I am trying to limit sugars. I was eating a dessert every night and I just don't think that is healthy. So I've been substituting some fruit each night as a dessert after a meal of meat, veggies, and a grain (whole grain if possible). I've also made a pact with myself about restaurants. I am going to allow myself either a grain with the meal OR a dessert, no more of this both thing. But the amazing thing is that I have been a bit liberal on the carbs, which would have been like 10 lbs the way I used to eat. So I do think there is something to CAD, as skeptical as I was at first. The book is definitely good reading, and I will be happy to try to answer any of your questions:)

sasquatch Tue, Mar-23-04 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyOH
Bawdy-I didn't realize that was a steak! I always thought it was a sneaker, but I guess a steak would make a heck of a lot more sense:)

I understand the confusion.....I've had some steaks that should have had the Adidas logo on them too!!!!! :lol:

unitydkn Tue, Mar-23-04 19:06

Quote:
It shows how many posts you've done. Click on one and a pop-up window will display that shows the various levels. I'm a steak!
yes and everything there is a good meal....but not the eagle.....can they find something leagle to eat please:nono:
Quote:
Hey Unity, I'm going to Washington this weekend, I'll wave to ya!
.....where?

Songberrie Tue, Mar-23-04 19:34

We're going up to Snohomish to pick up my oldest daughter, then we'll take the ferry either to Bremerton or Port Gamble. My brother lives in Ghorst and we want to see him, I grew up in Silverdale and we want to drive by the old house and then we have to go up to Poulsbo to pick up a check for some property we just sold. Will we be anywhere near you? We're dropping my dd off in Couer d'Alene, Id at my parents, then back home to Utah.

Songberrie Tue, Mar-23-04 19:38

Bawdy - Thanks! I thought it was a tennis shoe too! I guess there are no dumb questions!